10-22-2017, 07:37 AM
User Info
So my question is which one shaves better-blackbird or mamba?

7 310
 10-22-2017, 12:42 PM
User Info
For me - Blackbird - but just by a feather Wink lol

102 1,540
 10-22-2017, 12:56 PM
  • iamsms
  • The Patient Disciple
  • New Jersey
User Info
I loved how BlackBird shaved but in the end didn’t care for how the baseplate felt sharp on face. I had some of the closest and irritation free shaves with BlackBird. I am willing to bet that I won’t get close shaves like that with the mamba without some irritation. I had the machidd BB.

With Mamba, I like the feeling of the razor on face, it is extremely comfortable and with the titanium halo handle, the balance is excellent. I get very close (while not bbs) shaves with zero irritation. It is a great contender to be my ‘dead cold hand’ razor. I prefer it over Guerrilla which I used just the week before. It provides similar shaves to Guerrilla while being smoother.

After reading these two paragraphs, my urge to get a polished blackbird is now stronger.

3 51
 10-23-2017, 05:58 AM
User Info
(10-22-2017, 12:56 PM)iamsms Wrote: I loved how BlackBird shaved but in the end didn’t care for how the baseplate felt sharp on face. I had some of the closest and irritation free shaves with BlackBird. I am willing to bet that I won’t get close shaves like that with the mamba without some irritation. I had the machidd BB.

With Mamba, I like the feeling of the razor on face, it is extremely comfortable and with the titanium halo handle, the balance is excellent. I get very close (while not bbs) shaves with zero irritation. It is a great contender to be my ‘dead cold hand’ razor. I prefer it over Guerrilla which I used just the week before. It provides similar shaves to Guerrilla while being smoother.

After reading these two paragraphs, my urge to get a polished blackbird is now stronger.

Which Guerrilla do you have SB or OC?   Reason I ask is I got the Mamba a few days ago and with a Feather blade I still wasn't BBS after 4 passes. I have a tough beard and there are other razors in my den that can give me a BBS in 2 - 2-1/2 passes so the Mamba is a bit mild for me. I sold my SB Guerrilla a couple of weeks ago thinking that I'd pick up the OC version but if your Guerrilla is an OC and it's only as efficient as the Mamba then I'll pass on it. So any info would be much appreciated.

0 134
 10-23-2017, 06:50 AM
User Info
Blackbird SB hands down for me . The Mamba is to mild for me . Beautiful and well made razor for sure just to mild .

20 294
 10-23-2017, 07:42 AM
  • iamsms
  • The Patient Disciple
  • New Jersey
User Info
(10-23-2017, 05:58 AM)Wanderer66 Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 12:56 PM)iamsms Wrote: I loved how BlackBird shaved but in the end didn’t care for how the baseplate felt sharp on face. I had some of the closest and irritation free shaves with BlackBird. I am willing to bet that I won’t get close shaves like that with the mamba without some irritation. I had the machidd BB.

Which Guerrilla do you have SB or OC?   Reason I ask is I got the Mamba a few days ago and with a Feather blade I still wasn't BBS after 4 passes. I have a tough beard and there are other razors in my den that can give me a BBS in 2 - 2-1/2 passes so the Mamba is a bit mild for me. I sold my SB Guerrilla a couple of weeks ago thinking that I'd pick up the OC version but if your Guerrilla is an OC and it's only as efficient as the Mamba then I'll pass on it. So any info would be much appreciated.

My Guerrilla is SB.

3 51
 10-24-2017, 04:17 PM
User Info
For me the blackbird is way more efficient than the mamba. My OC one does not have the sharp edge baseplate like my SB but I enjoy both. If I’m not careful the OC will bite

0 40
 10-25-2017, 11:03 AM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
BLACKBIRD

113 1,540
 10-26-2017, 11:07 AM
User Info
BLACKBIRD ... NO comparison, the mamba is way too mild for my liking

30 452
 10-28-2017, 08:28 PM
User Info
Hands down the Blackbird.

0 5
 10-31-2017, 03:48 PM
User Info
Blackbird by a mile!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 951
 12-05-2017, 06:07 PM
User Info
Blackbird without question. The mamba is a fine razor but it’s just too mild. When used as a daily driver, I still had to make three passes to get BBS with the Mamba. blackbird is super efficient, smooth, and comfortable to use as a daily driver. Gets the job done in two passes. I don’t want to stop using my other razors but the blackbird is just too good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 11
 12-05-2017, 07:22 PM
User Info
(12-05-2017, 06:07 PM)Bayareashaves Wrote: Blackbird without question. The mamba is a fine razor but it’s just too mild. When used as a daily driver, I still had to make three passes to get BBS with the Mamba. blackbird is super efficient, smooth, and comfortable to use as a daily driver. Gets the job done in two passes. I don’t want to stop using my other razors but the blackbird is just too good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.  The Blackbird is much better then the Mamba.  Both are nicely manufactured, but the Mamba is too mild for daily use.  I like the RR Ti BBS razor much more then the Mamba and may like it more then the Blackbird for the shave.  Nevertheless, I like the style of the Blackbird better then both RR razors.
Steve

0 590