10-23-2017, 05:03 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
The more aggressive Evolution base plates have arrived. They are available as a stand alone option or, you can buy the complete razors. Stainless Steel or brass.

[Image: 81gei99.jpg]

46 18,510
 10-23-2017, 05:28 PM
User Info
Ordered, excited to try this

5 77
 10-23-2017, 07:23 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
What's the significance of "T"? Does it refer to Two Passes?

7 2,299
 10-23-2017, 07:32 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(10-23-2017, 07:23 PM)chazt Wrote: What's the significance of "T"? Does it refer to Two Passes?

Turbo. Biggrin

46 18,510
 10-24-2017, 09:19 AM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
I have now been using the new Asylum EVO Model T bottom plate for more then 2 months. In this time I have been comparing the MT with other razors in my rotation sometimes starting with one razor and finishing with the Asylum. Examples Blackbird Polished SB, Wolfman Standard DC, 1912 Damaskeene OC, Ever Ready Streamline, Asylum SE, Att SE1, Timesless 95 OC SS and Ti. and a 1934 Aristocrat. The blades I use are  Polsilver, Feather pro and superpro. 

My final evaluation is that I am always finishing with the Asylum MT or Timeless SS for the closest shave (the Timeless Ti is smoother then the SS and slightly less efficient). The Asylum MT though gives me one very important feature/detail that the Ever Ready also gives me, which is an accurate feedback assessment (from loud-rough to smooth-mellow) of the shave from start to finish (at times replacing my fingers on face stubble/smoothness assessment).

In my humble opinion as I stated in my first evaluation of the new aggressive plate/Model T, the MT is a smooth and highly efficient razor. For me I like the Brass version it has good weight and length, a slim head to get to those hard to get to places on your face and neck, good grip and shaving maneuverability and an attractive design, So as it stands for the time being this razor is my go to razor in my den.

P.S. I will not use it every day because I do very much like variety in my shave.

51 460
 10-24-2017, 01:01 PM
User Info
Thank you Phil.

0 55
 10-24-2017, 05:51 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I'm an aggressive razor junkie, and am very fond of my R41 2011, Blackbird OC, PAA DOC Evolution in stainless, ATT H2, and Charcoal Goods Level 3 open comb, among a few others. I also adore my Asylum RX. How does this razor stack up?

6 376
 10-25-2017, 03:11 PM
User Info
Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 48
 10-26-2017, 02:36 AM
  • motto
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
User Info
I love the shave with my Evolution XL and I am thinking about purchasing the T baseplate to add variability to the razor.
The XL is brass. Is the T-model baseplate marked in any way or is it just easy to see a difference to the standard baseplate?

Alternative a stainless model T baseplate clould be paired with the brass handle and topcap but I am unsure about the look of a materiel mix with this particular razor design .....

Best Regards
Marco

7 231