10-24-2017, 01:52 PM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
Excited to try these out, they look beautiful.

Anyone use these yet? I'm sure there are more SS SE-1 users than Copper Windsor users, thus far.

How do you like them?

Glad they have a 30-day policy, just in case though!!

62 3,006
 10-24-2017, 02:26 PM
User Info
(10-24-2017, 01:52 PM)Nero Wrote: Excited to try these out, they look beautiful.

Anyone use these yet? I'm sure there are more SS SE-1 users than Copper Windsor users, thus far.

How do you like them?

Glad they have a 30-day policy, just in case though!!

I have been wanting the ATT SE1 for a while. I love my Cobra Classic and wonder how they compare.

7 568
 10-24-2017, 02:39 PM
  • Asafiev
  • Lancaster, PA
User Info
Is the SE1 available as a Windsor edition?  I love that razor and would buy the upgrade.

0 250
 10-24-2017, 02:42 PM
User Info
Looking forward to your report on the copper Windsor.

50 6,421
 10-24-2017, 03:56 PM
User Info
That Windsor copper is a beautiful razor. I am so tempted. And the SE1 is my go-to razor.

5 1,562
 10-24-2017, 04:04 PM
User Info
IMO the SE1 is not as efficient as the Cobra. I ended up selling my SE1, it was a nice razor and smooth but not in the same league as the Cobra I believe only the Rx shaves as close

0 40
 10-24-2017, 05:43 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(10-24-2017, 04:04 PM)Shavemd Wrote: IMO the SE1 is not as efficient as the Cobra.  I ended up selling my SE1, it was a nice razor and smooth but not in the same league as the Cobra I believe only the Rx shaves as close

Have you tried the SE2? The RX and SE2 are my two favorite AC-blade razors, but I've not tried an SE1. When the SE1 was released, the anecdotal reporting was that it was a bit mild, so I waited for the SE2, which, with a Feather Pro Super, is one of my best shaves.

6 385
 10-24-2017, 05:54 PM
User Info
I have the copper Windsor and think it is excellent.  The head is larger to cover the ends of the blade but the shave is a notch above the standard ATT razors (BTW, I have and really like the bronze set).  The polished copper is beautiful and overall I rank it up there with my best DE razors.  The ATT SE1 is also very nice.  It seems to be a touch milder than the RX and King Cobra.  I find it to be a little easier to use due to its smaller size (compared to the RX and Cobra).  Overall, I find it comparable to The General that I have.
I think you should enjoy both razors.

52 153
 10-24-2017, 05:54 PM
User Info
I have been on the fence about the copper Windsor . It's a beautiful razor and has been haunting me since I first saw it . What plate did you go with ?

20 294
 10-24-2017, 05:58 PM
User Info
I wish the copper Windsor was available with the shorter 3" handle.

50 6,421
 10-25-2017, 04:27 AM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
(10-24-2017, 05:54 PM)DEdestroyer Wrote: I have been on the fence about the copper Windsor . It's a beautiful razor and has been haunting me since I first saw it . What plate did you go with ?

The R plate.
Figured start in the middle and adjust as necessary, if necessary.

If either of these shaves anything like Rockwell 6s on plate 3, I'll be ecstatic. (What a dream/surprise that was the other day.)

62 3,006
 10-25-2017, 05:30 AM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
The SE-1 my go to razor, and I only ever stray away from it if for some reason I just want to use one of my DE's since I reach pass them every morning to get to my SE-1. I have only tried the feather AC blades (pro-guard and professional), I look forward to trying out others in the near future. There is just something about the SE-1 I really enjoy. I originally had the kronos handle and I just prefer the atlas look and size so I traded for one and couldn't be happier. I get such good shaves, and the AC blades have no problem getting those pesky spots that I usually have to touch up with a DE. I get a 2 pass DFS with light touch ups (No fault of the razor, I have a few spots where the whiskers grow in a direction where my WTG + AcrossTG strokes just don't fully take care of them). I think once you find your preferred blade you will be a SE / AC convert or at least have it in constant rotation.

I would love to see an SE-x in copper!

8 516
 10-25-2017, 01:52 PM
User Info
(10-24-2017, 05:43 PM)pbrmhl Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 04:04 PM)Shavemd Wrote: IMO the SE1 is not as efficient as the Cobra.  I ended up selling my SE1, it was a nice razor and smooth but not in the same league as the Cobra I believe only the Rx shaves as close

Have you tried the SE2? The RX and SE2 are my two favorite AC-blade razors, but I've not tried an SE1. When the SE1 was released, the anecdotal reporting was that it was a bit mild, so I waited for the SE2, which, with a Feather Pro Super, is one of my best shaves.

Thanks. I will keep my I open for one, I’ll check the returns on ATT

0 40
 10-26-2017, 04:50 AM
User Info
(10-25-2017, 01:52 PM)Shavemd Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 05:43 PM)pbrmhl Wrote:

Thanks. I will keep my I open for one, I’ll check the returns on ATT

Perhaps the SE2 is the way to go for me as well
Thank you.

7 568
 10-27-2017, 12:16 PM
User Info
I have the Calypso with R and H plates but use the H plate almost 100% of the time. I absolutely love the shave with the H plate and was about to place an order for the copper Windsor. Thanks to a wonderful member of this community, he offered to let me try his Windsor H first. For me, I find the shave to be completely different. I get zero audible feedback with the Windsor and the shave feels very mild compared to the standard H plate. In fact, after my first pass with the grain with the Windsor H I realized there was some facial hair that had been left that would have been gone with the standard H plate. For the second pass with the grain, I switched to the Calypso H and immediately heard the audible feedback and got a much better pass.

Although very beautiful, I will not be buying the Windsor due to the mild feel. I love the standard H plate and get very smooth/close shaves with it but I am sure this is a YMMV thing.

9 169