10-25-2017, 04:26 PM
User Info
Hey guys I am looking at getting a used Parker Variant and the handle is having the loss of plating issues and I was wondering if anyone knew how the plating could be completely removed and if removing it would look terrible or affect the performance. Thanks!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

2 63
 10-25-2017, 04:40 PM
User Info
(10-25-2017, 04:26 PM)shaved weiss Wrote: Hey guys I am looking at getting a used Parker Variant and the handle is having the loss of plating issues and I was wondering if anyone knew how the plating could be completely removed and if removing it would look terrible or affect the performance. Thanks!

You'll be fine. The handle is brass, the loss of the coating won't do a thing performance wise or affect how the razor shaves. Worry about proper blade alignment and exposure on both sides of the head. If that's good and you don't mind a rather unattractive razor handle, you're in like Flynn....

1 162
 10-25-2017, 05:01 PM
User Info
(10-25-2017, 04:40 PM)SteelyEdge Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 04:26 PM)shaved weiss Wrote: Hey guys I am looking at getting a used Parker Variant and the handle is having the loss of plating issues and I was wondering if anyone knew how the plating could be completely removed and if removing it would look terrible or affect the performance. Thanks!

You'll be fine. The handle is brass, the loss of the coating won't do a thing performance wise or affect how the razor shaves. Worry about proper blade alignment and exposure on both sides of the head. If that's good and you don't mind a rather unattractive razor handle, you're in like Flynn....
Thanks! Is the knurling unaffected by the loss of plating as well?

2 63
 10-25-2017, 05:36 PM
User Info
Knurling shouldn't be affected.  Unless you strip the handle completely, not sure how it will look though.  Not sure how to strip it.

If it were me and i got it cheap, I'd figure out how to clean it up and then I'd repaint it with some spray paint or an airbrush.  That's just me though.  Polished brass handle might look ok.

Good luck.  It's a very nice razor.

19 1,788