04-22-2018, 02:14 PM
  • Boonie21
  • Soapy Science Soaps
  • Atlanta, Ga
User Info
(04-22-2018, 01:55 PM)lloydrm Wrote: Those tubs and stickers are nice. I thought/hoped at least once was going to be lanolin free, and "Mint Mint" was unscented. Maybe a small small hiccup there (?) Look forward to Soapy Science's official launch.

You are correct - she made a limited batch of 21 jars of “MINT MINT” that have no Lanolin. They do have peppermint oil. 

There is an Unscented version (as pictured above) BUT it does have lanolin. 

She put the label on the “MINT MINT” without lanolin as a side label to avoid confusion.

105 1,685
 04-22-2018, 02:22 PM
  • Boonie21
  • Soapy Science Soaps
  • Atlanta, Ga
User Info
(04-22-2018, 12:35 PM)Mr_Smartepants Wrote: I like what I see here. Smile
Two questions...
1) Which testing sample more closely resembles the final product?
2) When can I buy them?

Erik,

The version that she chose for her production. Version is labeled “version 7.2.3” and she made one addition, she increased glycerin and aloe Vera juice by 20% each.  

This version lathers like none other that she produced and retains all of the slickness and moisturizing properties!  We are very very happy with it!!! 

As soon as lid labels arrive, she will make available for sale - ETA is sometime between 04/26 - 05/03 for the printer to correct their mistake. 

As you can see below - the printer made the black border set in from the edge when Hannah wanted it to be the very edge to frame the lid in nicely.  

This picture below is the incorrect one. 

[Image: X45mEjs.jpg]

[Image: D18U8oD.jpg]

105 1,685
 04-22-2018, 06:10 PM
User Info
(04-22-2018, 02:14 PM)Boonie21 Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 01:55 PM)lloydrm Wrote: Those tubs and stickers are nice. I thought/hoped at least once was going to be lanolin free, and "Mint Mint" was unscented. Maybe a small small hiccup there (?) Look forward to Soapy Science's official launch.

You are correct - she made a limited batch of 21 jars of “MINT MINT” that have no Lanolin. They do have peppermint oil. 

There is an Unscented version (as pictured above) BUT it does have lanolin. 

She put the label on the “MINT MINT” without lanolin as a side label to avoid confusion.

That makes sense. Thank you.

9 1,374
 04-23-2018, 08:58 AM
User Info
Nice!  What a stellar ingredients list.  Very sophisticated stuff.  

I actually like the black circle moved in slightly from the edge, but then again I haven't seen what it looks like when it's on the edge.  I love that she kept the bubbling flask in the word.  It looks awesome and really puts the "science" into the branding.  

Strong work, Hannah!  I hope you sell a metric ton of it.

3 1,844
 04-23-2018, 09:20 AM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
(04-22-2018, 02:22 PM)Boonie21 Wrote:
Two questions...
2) When can I buy them?

Erik,

The version that she chose for her production. Version is labeled “version 7.2.3” and she made one addition, she increased glycerin and aloe Vera juice by 20% each.  

Uh oh. Sad
I didn't test v7.2.  My testing versions from the 7 series were 7.0, 7.3, 7.4.  I had ranked v7.0 the worst of the bunch.  Of all the samples, v10 was the best for me.
This revelation won't hold me back from buying any though. Wink
The ingredients list looks like an all-star heavy-hitters team.

48 2,038
 04-23-2018, 10:12 AM
  • Boonie21
  • Soapy Science Soaps
  • Atlanta, Ga
User Info
(04-23-2018, 09:20 AM)Mr_Smartepants Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 02:22 PM)Boonie21 Wrote:
Two questions...
2) When can I buy them?

Erik,

Uh oh. Sad
I didn't test v7.2.  My testing versions from the 7 series were 7.0, 7.3, 7.4.  I had ranked v7.0 the worst of the bunch.  Of all the samples, v10 was the best for me.
This revelation won't hold me back from buying any though. Wink
The ingredients list looks like an all-star heavy-hitters team.

Version 7.2.3 was what she learned from version 10 and 11 around adding substantial castor BUT also putting additional glycerin and adding aloe Vera.

If this version isn’t better for your Erik than version 10, I will eat a spoonful of it on video and send you the link to the video. LOL!!!?

I shaved with it last night again and I am shaking my head at how creamy, slick and dense the lather is!

It works as easily with the DE as it does my straights.

And yes, Hannah really went after a top shelf ingredients list and did her best to avoid adding clay as she didn’t like the performance of the soaps she made with clay. Not saying clay is bad at all, maybe she uses it some day.

But i will say that I was surprised by the amount of tallow, glycerin and aloe Vera juice her final formula worked out to be - but it’s one of the two best soaps o have ever tried.

105 1,685
 05-02-2018, 06:09 AM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
I keep checking TSN a few times each day with credit card in hand for update.  Assume label problems from printer - not sister and father on strike for higher wages.

8 603
 05-02-2018, 06:52 AM
  • Boonie21
  • Soapy Science Soaps
  • Atlanta, Ga
User Info
(05-02-2018, 06:09 AM)SCOV Wrote: I keep checking TSN a few times each day with credit card in hand for update.  Assume label problems from printer - not sister and father on strike for higher wages.

Corrected labels are out for delivery today Smile while we are in Orlando for a family vacation. We get back to Georgia on Friday, plan on labeling a batch of soaps on Friday evening, then loading them into inventory on Saturday morning on http://www.soapyscience.com and the offering them for sale around NOON EST on Saturday 05/05.

At this point - we plan on starting a separate thread on here to announce the official launch and also you can check the website and social media pages for announcements as well.

Thanks for the continued interest! Hannah is very excited!

105 1,685
 05-02-2018, 11:46 AM
User Info
I just visited your website, very nice. 
Also I noticed this:
SOAP FOR A CAUSE - FIGHTING VIOLENCE & HUNGER:                

PLEASE NOTE that a portion of each jar of shaving soap sold will be donated to help fund teams that fight human trafficking and a portion will also be donated to support a summer lunch program for children that would otherwise go without many of their meals during the summer months when school is out of session.   I want to do something that helps rescue kids from both violence and hunger with each sale of my shaving soap - so build some glorious lather and know that a portion of your purchase is going to even more glorious causes! 
                                                       Thanks!  - Hannah

Awesome! Bright future for this young entrepreneur.  
Good luck.

9 1,374
 05-02-2018, 01:59 PM
  • Boonie21
  • Soapy Science Soaps
  • Atlanta, Ga
User Info
(05-02-2018, 11:46 AM)lloydrm Wrote: I just visited your website, very nice. 
Also I noticed this:
SOAP FOR A CAUSE - FIGHTING VIOLENCE & HUNGER:                

PLEASE NOTE that a portion of each jar of shaving soap sold will be donated to help fund teams that fight human trafficking and a portion will also be donated to support a summer lunch program for children that would otherwise go without many of their meals during the summer months when school is out of session.   I want to do something that helps rescue kids from both violence and hunger with each sale of my shaving soap - so build some glorious lather and know that a portion of your purchase is going to even more glorious causes! 
                                                       Thanks!  - Hannah

Awesome! Bright future for this young entrepreneur.  
Good luck.

To say we are proud is a gross understatement. She is one of the kindest, best people I know!

105 1,685
 05-02-2018, 04:21 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Added to my calendar "around" 11:00 Central time.

8 603
 05-03-2018, 06:19 PM
  • Boonie21
  • Soapy Science Soaps
  • Atlanta, Ga
User Info
For those following this thread for the past 7 months or so, we have posted Hanna's soap launch details in a separate thread here in the Artisan forum.

You can view it here or simply click into on the Artisan forum - link: http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=53652&pid=867372#pid867372

Thanks,

JB

105 1,685
 05-05-2018, 08:05 AM
  • Boonie21
  • Soapy Science Soaps
  • Atlanta, Ga
User Info
Soaps are now live on the website and the orders are flowing in! Thanks everyone!

105 1,685
 05-05-2018, 02:43 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Although I enjoyed testing these soaps, I was a little surprised that for someone selling shaving soap for first time that prices were considerably more than many well established products, e.g. Mike's, Mystic Water, WSP, Shannon's Soaps, many Barrister & Mann soaps, Stirling, and the list goes on...

38 5,545
 05-05-2018, 02:59 PM
  • Boonie21
  • Soapy Science Soaps
  • Atlanta, Ga
User Info
(05-05-2018, 02:43 PM)evnpar Wrote: Although I enjoyed testing these soaps, I was a little surprised that for someone selling shaving soap for first time that prices were considerably more than many well established products, e.g. Mike's, Mystic Water, WSP, Shannon's Soaps, many Barrister & Mann soaps, Stirling, and the list goes on...

Thanks Richard for the feedback. Hannah spent a lot of time running her numbers and weighing her go to market price versus everyone else.

When you compare ingredients to ingredients and price w/shipping to price w/shipping Hannah’s soaps are within $1.00 - $3.00 of every one you mention above. She also made her formula a lot more firm (concentrated) to provide many more shaves that most (not all) artisans you mention above and is offering 5oz (more like 5.5 - 6oz in many jars).

Hannah is not trying to replace other artisans mentioned above, she is trying to learn from them, and earn her place at the table — and to also know and stand on her commitment that quality comes at a cost (better ingredients, better quality labels, packaging, etc).

She has toyed with the idea of a TSN discount code but she is also being committed to seeing as much impact as possible to the causes she is trying to support.

We do thank you for your feedback, your kind words while testing and the praise you gave her soaps that put a smile on her face!

For now, the price she has set will stay where it’s at. At a cost per ounce and the quality and performance she feels it is very fair.

105 1,685
 05-05-2018, 03:40 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
While I was hoping for a bargain, $20 shipped for a small batch artisan with some going to charity seems reasonable.  Big test of the price is in the performance, scent and customer service (prompt shipping).

Interesting to see the label and how the soaps are differentiated.

8 603
 05-05-2018, 06:38 PM
  • Boonie21
  • Soapy Science Soaps
  • Atlanta, Ga
User Info
(05-05-2018, 03:40 PM)SCOV Wrote: While I was hoping for a bargain, $20 shipped for a small batch artisan with some going to charity seems reasonable.  Big test of the price is in the performance, scent and customer service (prompt shipping).

Interesting to see the label and how the soaps are differentiated.

Pics of finished labels and products below and due to the number of requests for lather videos - I have added a few to the website tonight as well.  Thanks!  Hannah had a great first day!

[Image: 4sioj2h.jpg][Image: CkaxJWM.jpg][Image: FzLnDHJ.jpg]

105 1,685