10-27-2017, 04:39 PM
  • Brad58
  • Go Penn State!
  • Berwick, PA
User Info
Greetings men.....any thoughts on this soap or aftershave?

16 370
 10-27-2017, 04:47 PM
User Info
Is it available anywhere?

11 473
 10-27-2017, 05:09 PM
User Info
I seen a lot of crazy prices after it was sold out. No one really giving any kind of review other than the “best shave ever” type posts.

82 1,712
 10-27-2017, 05:10 PM
User Info
(10-27-2017, 05:09 PM)ultra~nova Wrote: I seen a lot of crazy prices after it was sold out. No one really giving any kind of review other than the “best shave ever” type posts.

I’m a huge lavender fan so I’ve wanted to try it, but I didn’t think this was supposed to be available again until next year.

11 473
 10-27-2017, 06:34 PM
User Info
(10-27-2017, 05:09 PM)ultra~nova Wrote: I seen a lot of crazy prices after it was sold out. No one really giving any kind of review other than the “best shave ever” type posts.

This seems to be a theme with the Holy Black stuff. Don't get me wrong I am Not At All saying that their products aren't good or anything but I really haven't seen alot of hype like I have seen with other soaps that have come out and are highly regarded. I've been tempted to purchase of few of their limited runs but they have been kinda pricey IMHO. One thing they have nailed though is the presentation, very unique and top notch!

4 977
 10-27-2017, 07:06 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I have the standard issue Holy Black aftershave, which is perhaps the least interesting of my 130 or so aftershaves. If my first experience with a vendor does not impress, I'm not inclined to repurchase.

10 559
 10-27-2017, 07:11 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
I did not have a chance to try the Lavender Creeper, but am thoroughly enjoying their Regent soap in collaboration with Caswell-Massey. I also received a Tell-Tale Heart set, but am waiting until the next weekend to try it. The presentation is indeed superb and I like these two scents. I also used to have  an HB Decadence set, but the soap smelled too sweet, so I let it go.

119 1,737
 10-28-2017, 02:38 AM
  • Brad58
  • Go Penn State!
  • Berwick, PA
User Info
Thank you Gentlemen for the replies.....I, too, am a huge Lavender fan and will just have to wait and see if they release again.

16 370
 10-28-2017, 05:41 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
I’ve owned Lavender Creeper Soap & Aftershave. 

Both are excellent. 

Imagine Czech and Speake Oxford & Cambridge with less peppermint and the addition of a pleasant menthol. 

Biggest gripe - soap was too soft and there wasn’t much of it. Presentation of both was excellent.

I don’t seek it out with the crazy aftermarket prices. But if it’s ever re-released I’d buy it.

174 1,597
 10-28-2017, 11:08 AM
User Info
(10-28-2017, 05:41 AM)Steelman Wrote: I’ve owned Lavender Creeper Soap & Aftershave. 

Both are excellent. 

Imagine Czech and Speake Oxford & Cambridge with less peppermint and the addition of a pleasant menthol. 

Biggest gripe - soap was too soft and there wasn’t much of it. Presentation of both was excellent.

I don’t seek it out with the crazy aftermarket prices. But if it’s ever re-released I’d buy it.

That’s a proper review, thanks for the information. I agree the presentation is what has my interest. If the soap and aftershave perform well the lavender would be a nice purchase for me as I do enjoy lavender a great deal. I’m one to pay more for extremely nice packaging and presentation as for me that adds to the overall experience. I keep my items displayed on a wooden nook I keep in a separate room so for my things to display nice is a important factor in what I keep.

82 1,712
 10-28-2017, 09:24 PM
  • Devilanche
  • Singapore (CONUS post address)
User Info
(10-27-2017, 06:34 PM)Oasisdave Wrote:

This seems to be a theme with the Holy Black stuff. Don't get me wrong I am Not At All saying that their products aren't good or anything but I really haven't seen alot of hype like I have seen with other soaps that have come out and are highly regarded. I've been tempted to purchase of few of their limited runs but they have been kinda pricey IMHO. One thing they have nailed though is the presentation, very unique and top notch!

I share your opinion.
I think their presentation is the best around but soap performance wise it's ok to great but doesn't blow the mind away

10 380
 10-28-2017, 09:46 PM
User Info
For those that mentioned maybe picking up Lavender Creeper if it's re-released I had contacted Holy Black a few months back and asked that very question and was told they are indeed planning on another run. Whether that is still true I do not know.

4 977
 10-29-2017, 12:46 PM
User Info
The scent is a nice blend, and isn't tainted by a menthol smell since it doesn't use menthol as the cooling agent.

As someone has mentioned, this soap is VERY soft. The first lather I used a wet brush as I do with all my soaps, and water logged it for a while. I ended up setting it aside for a few month, when I came back to it the texture was back to normal. I must remember to use an almost dry brush when loading.

Something of note is Lavender Creeper is a Tallow base soap, whereas the others aren't.

8 432