10-29-2017, 03:31 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

I made a trade this weekend . . . for the old memories . . . of some of the razors I used a long time ago. It's good to have them back . . . to use when nostalgia strikes.

[Image: b3n9Fct.jpg]

151 3,082
 10-29-2017, 05:49 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I see a couple of my old friends in there. Have fun.

38 5,150
 10-29-2017, 06:09 PM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
Thats a nice selection of nostalgia ObieSmile

Enjoy them!

59 4,565
 10-30-2017, 02:42 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

Thank you. I had been looking for such razors, in good shape, for quite sometime, and traded for them at a razor meet this past weekend.

I gave the razors a good scrubbing with  brush and soap, sanitized them, oiled them and then parked them in the racks. Joy of joys. I am especially looking forward to trying the GEM and the Every Ready single edge razors — how well I remember those razors.

Recently I gave up my Sabre, because it wasn't grabbing me. Perhaps after using these, the old memories will spark my fancy for the Sabre — it will be my third try, by the way.

In the meantime, I'm going to have fun with these classics for the coming days.

151 3,082
 10-30-2017, 10:30 AM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
Nice collection Obie. I have gotten away from SEs. Only a British Ever Ready 1912 remains. I keep it around as I know I will likely not find another one (easily anyways  Smile ).

75 1,361
 10-30-2017, 11:09 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(10-30-2017, 10:30 AM)Gabe Wrote: Nice collection Obie. I have gotten away from SEs. Only a British Ever Ready 1912 remains. I keep it around as I know I will likely not find another one (easily anyways  Smile ).
Gabe, my friend,

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, these single edge razors are hard to find. I remember them from decades ago to be fine shavers, some more aggressive than others. Fortunately, the one I trades for this past weekend were in good shape from the start. Some Maas compound rubbing, then washing, sanitizing and oiling brought them back to life nicely.

Interesting enough, today I shaved with the Gillette Super Adjustable "Black Beauty" long handle double edge razor. What a sweet razor; I had forgotten how sweet. I owned one years ago, and if I recall, I liked it. I love it now. I got in the trade the "Black Beauty" in the short handle, too. In a few days I'll start with the GEMs and the Every Ready razors. I liked them a lot in the old days.

All these razors spotlighted the great American workmanship. Good stuff. I don't know, but at this rate, I might bench my fancy stainless steel razors and go with the Gillettes, the Gems and the Every Readys.

Stay well,
Obie

151 3,082