01-10-2018, 05:21 PM
User Info
(01-10-2018, 08:22 AM)BrickHud Wrote: Well, since y'all seem to like it so much, I decided to try a couple tubs.  I ordered Forest City Fern (love a good fougere scent) and Barbershop (cuz I don't have a barbershop scented soap or cream).

I'm not a soap hoarder with a cabinet filled with them.  I generally stick to SV and TOBS with Proraso or Coate's for traveling.  But hey, it's Cleveland, tallow, at a good price, and comes highly recommended.

If it's horrible, y'all are in big trouble.   Tongue

Thanks for your purchase!  Just make sure to give them enough water, and you'll be fine.  All the butters make them thirsty.  The goat's milk formula (used in the fern with the black label) is even thirstier. Don't be afraid to give it water - it can take it.  I soak my brush, give it a tiny squeeze, and then load for 30-40 seconds.  Work it for maybe a minute or so, and it will thicken and build some volume. Hit us up if you have trouble.

0 1,155
 01-18-2018, 08:06 AM
User Info
I tried Shannon Soaps for the first time today (Forest City Fern), and I liked it a lot.  Good performance, loved the scent, and the price was good.  The Forest City Fern is a bit more expensive than most of their soaps, but still a good value in comparison with other soaps I like (T&H, TOBS, SV).  I also bought Barber Shop, which is even less expensive, and which I'll try tomorrow.  I assume the performance will be identical with just a different scent.

19 303
 01-18-2018, 04:24 PM
User Info
(01-18-2018, 08:06 AM)BrickHud Wrote: I tried Shannon Soaps for the first time today (Forest City Fern), and I liked it a lot.  Good performance, loved the scent, and the price was good.  The Forest City Fern is a bit more expensive than most of their soaps, but still a good value in comparison with other soaps I like (T&H, TOBS, SV).  I also bought Barber Shop, which is even less expensive, and which I'll try tomorrow.  I assume the performance will be identical with just a different scent.

Glad you liked the fern!  Recent versions (black label) do have a formula that is different from our standard line of soaps (it has goat milk and some other goodies, hence the higher price).  Since you liked the fern though, I don't think the Barbershop will disappoint as far as performance.  Scent is always YMMV.

0 1,155
 01-19-2018, 12:23 AM
User Info
Wonderful shave this morning with the Shannons Silk Pajamas

[Image: 4Q7I4zP.jpg]

44 719
 01-19-2018, 09:48 AM
User Info
I tried the Barbershop this morning.  Excellent volume of full creamy lather was the reward for using plenty of water and patience in building it.  Love the scent, though it surprised me.  Everyone's idea of what a barbershop smells like is different, and this is a fresh clean scent, not a Pinaud Clubman sort.  Very pleasant to my nose.  Nice price too.

19 303
 01-19-2018, 09:56 AM
User Info
(01-19-2018, 09:48 AM)BrickHud Wrote: I tried the Barbershop this morning.  Excellent volume of full creamy lather was the reward for using plenty of water and patience in building it.  Love the scent, though it surprised me.  Everyone's idea of what a barbershop smells like is different, and this is a fresh clean scent, not a Pinaud Clubman sort.  Very pleasant to my nose.  Nice price too.

Glad you liked, YES Shannons Soap is a very thirsty soap .. i remember when i very first tried it i was not getting a really good lather build up in my bowl but then i kept adding water and it really exploded into a great thick lather. From that day on i remember to leave my brush plenty wet

44 719
 08-24-2018, 09:16 AM
User Info
I picked up a couple more soaps from Shannon's, the Barbarshop with a/s splash & Copaiba Rose. Used the Barbershop up first for last night's shave. What a very, very nice scent that's different but, so easy to like. A nice light sweetness that blends in well with the basil and bergamot and somewhat earthiness that comes through very nicely. Lathers up to a phenomenal creamy, yogurt like lather that is plain fantastic.

[Image: pbZ8jHN.jpg]

[Image: 9YERKSx.jpg]

It performs in all categories such as cushion, glide, protection, slickness and residual for an extra touch up or two without re-lathering. Post shave is just ridiculously good. You truly don't need an aftershave splash or balm. I just love to use my splashes. 

Shannon's might be flying under the radar, especially to those that love their more traditional soaps and other offerings from artisans that are mentioned more frequently but, this soap brings it and then some......

1 224
 08-24-2018, 06:43 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Shannon makes some darn good soap! I have a new bar of Plain Jane on deck for tomorrow's shower. Her shave soap is top notch!

10 3,050
 08-24-2018, 08:24 PM
User Info
(08-24-2018, 09:16 AM)SteelyEdge Wrote: I picked up a couple more soaps from Shannon's, the Barbarshop with a/s splash & Copaiba Rose. Used the Barbershop up first for last night's shave. What a very, very nice scent that's different but, so easy to like. A nice light sweetness that blends in well with the basil and bergamot and somewhat earthiness that comes through very nicely. Lathers up to a phenomenal creamy, yogurt like lather that is plain fantastic.

It performs in all categories such as cushion, glide, protection, slickness and residual for an extra touch up or two without re-lathering. Post shave is just ridiculously good. You truly don't need an aftershave splash or balm. I just love to use my splashes. 

Shannon's might be flying under the radar, especially to those that love their more traditional soaps and other offerings from artisans that are mentioned more frequently but, this soap brings it and then some......

Damn... That's better lather than I get with it... Smile  What's your secret?

Also, let us know what you think of the rose (PM, email... whatever's convenient).  It's fairly new, and we'd love the feedback.

(08-24-2018, 06:43 PM)chazt Wrote: Shannon makes some darn good soap! I have a new bar of Plain Jane on deck for tomorrow's shower. Her shave soap is top notch!

I got the traveling soap box earlier this week, Charlie.  I should be using the stuff in it this weekend.  I'll be sure to add something nice to it before I send it on its way.

0 1,155
 08-25-2018, 10:58 AM
User Info
great to see some love in this thread.... Shannon's soaps really are outstanding performers.. mind you, I'd like to see some tobacco, smoky, sandalwood type scents.. just saying.  Wink

0 408
 08-25-2018, 02:22 PM
User Info
(08-25-2018, 10:58 AM)Str8 Shaver Wrote: great to see some love in this thread.... Shannon's soaps really are outstanding performers.. mind you, I'd like to see some tobacco, smoky, sandalwood type scents.. just saying.  Wink

We do have some tobacco absolute around here that we need to find a use for...

For the time being, we do have Lit, which is a smoky floral scent.  It's one of my favorites, actually.

If you haven't tried it yet, you can find it here: https://www.shannonssoaps.com/handmade-s...-soap.html

0 1,155
 08-26-2018, 01:33 AM
User Info
Really like how this is getting some deserved attention. I have an old tub of Silk Pajamas and it's indeed a very good performing soaps with a lovely scent.

2 82
 08-26-2018, 03:10 AM
User Info
Well, I just ordered a tub of NIL, I'll let you know how it works for me.... Cool

0 749
 08-26-2018, 08:32 AM
User Info
(08-24-2018, 08:24 PM)Shannon Wrote:
(08-24-2018, 09:16 AM)SteelyEdge Wrote: I picked up a couple more soaps from Shannon's, the Barbarshop with a/s splash & Copaiba Rose. Used the Barbershop up first for last night's shave. What a very, very nice scent that's different but, so easy to like. A nice light sweetness that blends in well with the basil and bergamot and somewhat earthiness that comes through very nicely. Lathers up to a phenomenal creamy, yogurt like lather that is plain fantastic.

Damn... That's better lather than I get with it... Smile  What's your secret?

Also, let us know what you think of the rose (PM, email... whatever's convenient).  It's fairly new, and we'd love the feedback.

(08-24-2018, 06:43 PM)chazt Wrote: Shannon makes some darn good soap! I have a new bar of Plain Jane on deck for tomorrow's shower. Her shave soap is top notch!

I got the traveling soap box earlier this week, Charlie.  I should be using the stuff in it this weekend.  I'll be sure to add something nice to it before I send it on its way.

I just load like crazy and start whipping it up for a minute, gradually adding water until I get the lather you see. I prefer a more wet, yogurt type consistency than a pillowey or foamy type lather. 

On the Copaiba Rose scent it is just a wonderful combination of just 3 amazing scent notes. You get the rose and flowery jasmine note as soon as you open the jar but, with a little something else that keeps it from being to rose or flowery dominant. And that's the sandalwood. You don't get it on the initial smell but, once you begin to lather and build it up, the sandalwood just comes in and blends smoothly and beautifully with the other 2 notes and gives it the right amount of depth and light woodsy aroma. A great scent combo that is not complex or overly done. Good rose, jasmine and sandalwood with the resinous touch of the copaiba oil. It's extremely well done and performance is, well just look at the lather shots of the Barbershop and that's exactly what I've gotten. Performance is superb and post shave feel is ridiculously outstanding. So good in fact that I ordered the a/s splash today to go with it. I've used it 3 days in a row without a single issue. I'm loving this stuff.......

[Image: 7PImRC6.jpg]

1 224
 08-26-2018, 08:47 AM
User Info
I sampled Shannon's soaps this week and wow. I concur with the above shavers, this soap is "good, good good like Bridget Bardot" as the song goes, it is simply real right good and goes into permanent rotation for me. SSAD quieted for now.

55 1,273
 08-26-2018, 09:43 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(08-24-2018, 08:24 PM)Shannons Soaps Wrote:

That’s great, Brian! I’m interested in learning your thoughts. As spouse to a soap-maker it’s probably a bit like R&D for you guys.

10 3,050
 08-26-2018, 11:40 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I wish I could find a replacement for Silk Pajamas, one of my favorite Shannon's scents.

38 5,624
 08-26-2018, 02:15 PM
User Info
(08-26-2018, 11:40 AM)evnpar Wrote: I wish I could find a replacement for Silk Pajamas, one of my favorite Shannon's scents.

She told me in an email recently that she will be making it again. She was about to discontinue it but received quite a few emails from past customers and will be offering it again soon. Hang tight!

1 224
 08-27-2018, 04:50 AM
User Info
(08-26-2018, 02:15 PM)SteelyEdge Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 11:40 AM)evnpar Wrote: I wish I could find a replacement for Silk Pajamas, one of my favorite Shannon's scents.

She told me in an email recently that she will be making it again. She was about to discontinue it but received quite a few emails from past customers and will be offering it again soon. Hang tight!

Confirmed... We should be doing a limited run of it in the fall. We got a lot of questions about it when we took it down off the site.

0 1,155
 08-27-2018, 11:03 AM
User Info
(08-25-2018, 02:22 PM)Shannon Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 10:58 AM)Str8 Shaver Wrote: great to see some love in this thread.... Shannon's soaps really are outstanding performers.. mind you, I'd like to see some tobacco, smoky, sandalwood type scents.. just saying.  Wink

We do have some tobacco absolute around here that we need to find a use for...

For the time being, we do have Lit, which is a smoky floral scent.  It's one of my favorites, actually.

If you haven't tried it yet, you can find it here: https://www.shannonssoaps.com/handmade-s...-soap.html

yes, I already have Lit... so I'm eagerly awaiting your new tobacco absolute soap..  Wink

0 408