11-17-2017, 05:12 AM
User Info
Barbershop is a premixed blend. I believe that's the one we use.  It was one of the first scents we offered years ago, before we started blending our own.  The scents mentioned above (Fern and Etherea) are blended in-house by Shannon.

0 1,090
 11-17-2017, 07:11 AM
User Info
(11-17-2017, 05:12 AM)Shannon Wrote: Barbershop is a premixed blend. I believe that's the one we use.  It was one of the first scents we offered years ago, before we started blending our own.  The scents mentioned above (Fern and Etherea) are blended in-house by Shannon.

Gotcha. Thanks for the information, I appreciate it! That new formula you're using for Etherea looks great, I can't wait to try it.

7 75
 11-17-2017, 07:18 AM
User Info
(11-17-2017, 07:11 AM)Maha0098 Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 05:12 AM)Shannon Wrote: Barbershop is a premixed blend. I believe that's the one we use.  It was one of the first scents we offered years ago, before we started blending our own.  The scents mentioned above (Fern and Etherea) are blended in-house by Shannon.

Gotcha. Thanks for the information, I appreciate it! That new formula you're using for Etherea looks great, I can't wait to try it.

You will love the Etherea!  Just used it again this morning and it is fantastic .. since using it the first time i've had a hard time reaching for any of my other soaps. 10/10 on all aspects IMO

[Image: lbH62NV.jpg]

29 345
 11-20-2017, 09:34 PM
User Info

I have the Forest City Fern shaving soap and aftershave set that I picked up a while back.  It wasn't my first Shannon's soap.  I have several others, too.  Tell Shannon that she hit one out of the park for me with this one!  This is an excellent fougere scent!  The performance is excellent as always, but WOW, the scent!  The scent strength seems to be up a notch(or two) on this one compared to previous purchases.

0 38
 Yesterday, 10:35 AM
User Info
(11-20-2017, 09:34 PM)Blade4vor Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 05:12 AM)Shannon Wrote: The scents mentioned above (Fern and Etherea) are blended in-house by Shannon.

I have the Forest City Fern shaving soap and aftershave set that I picked up a while back.  It wasn't my first Shannon's soap.  I have several others, too.  Tell Shannon that she hit one out of the park for me with this one!  This is an excellent fougere scent!  The performance is excellent as always, but WOW, the scent!  The scent strength seems to be up a notch(or two) on this one compared to previous purchases.

Thanks, Rob. I'll tell her. The objective was to do what you described - kick things up a notch. I think Etherea is similar in that respect - more refined and stronger. We plan on doing more scents like these in the future.

0 1,090
 Yesterday, 05:30 PM
User Info
(11-16-2017, 05:48 AM)LuvWetShavin Wrote: This morning i used the Etherea (4th time) and it is amazing in all aspects !!  Love it

Thanks Brian & Shannon  Biggrin

I just drunk-ordered Etherea. What’s the scent like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 381
 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
User Info
(Yesterday, 05:30 PM)Mitchcumsteen Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 05:48 AM)LuvWetShavin Wrote: This morning i used the Etherea (4th time) and it is amazing in all aspects !!  Love it

Thanks Brian & Shannon  Biggrin

I just drunk-ordered Etherea. What’s the scent like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is AWESOME!!!

Etherea draws you in with a bright citrus-cologne top end that is finished off by an enticing hint of warm amber, delicate florals and earthy sandalwood.
  It also features a new premium formula, with goat's milk, mallow extract, sea buckthorn, and meadowfoam seed oil, on top of the tallow, lanolin, shea butter, cocoa butter and kokum butter

29 345
 Today, 06:57 AM
User Info
I'll add that I've been told that Etherea is reminiscent of AdP, which is not surprising. A classic cologne sort of fragrance seemed  a natural match for Timeless (as it is "timeless"), so that's where we started.  We had developed this awesome amber that we just HAD to use, and when Shannon combined it with the citrus cologne she made, the result was just awesome. A few other things sprinkled in rounded it out.

0 1,090
 9 hours ago
User Info
(Today, 06:57 AM)Shannons Soaps Wrote: I'll add that I've been told that Etherea is reminiscent of AdP, which is not surprising. A classic cologne sort of fragrance seemed  a natural match for Timeless (as it is "timeless"), so that's where we started.  We had developed this awesome amber that we just HAD to use, and when Shannon combined it with the citrus cologne she made, the result was just awesome. A few other things sprinkled in rounded it out.

Is cinnamon in the mix? I get a slight warming sensation during the shave. It’s not really unpleasant & certainly doesn’t stop me from using it but I am curious as to what may be causing that.

1 33
 9 hours ago
User Info
(9 hours ago)MarsEnglish Wrote: Is cinnamon in the mix? I get a slight warming sensation during the shave. It’s not really unpleasant & certainly doesn’t stop me from using it but I am curious as to what may be causing that.

Ingredients: Saponified (with potassium and sodium hydroxides) oils/butters of tallow, kokum, avocado, cocoa, shea, stearic acid, coconut; glycerin, lanolin, coconut oil, goat milk, mallow extract, buckthorn extract, meadowfoam seed oil, vitamin E, fragrance

Maybe the fragrances or maybe the lanolin? I know some have that effect from using soaps with lanolin

29 345
 6 hours ago
User Info
(9 hours ago)MarsEnglish Wrote:
(Today, 06:57 AM)Shannon Wrote: I'll add that I've been told that Etherea is reminiscent of AdP, which is not surprising. A classic cologne sort of fragrance seemed  a natural match for Timeless (as it is "timeless"), so that's where we started.  We had developed this awesome amber that we just HAD to use, and when Shannon combined it with the citrus cologne she made, the result was just awesome. A few other things sprinkled in rounded it out.

Is cinnamon in the mix? I get a slight warming sensation during the shave. It’s not really unpleasant & certainly doesn’t stop me from using it but I am curious as to what may be causing that.
No cinnamon, or any other common irritants that I'm aware of. Lanolin is a possibility, but I've read lanolin sensitivity is rare.

0 1,090
 6 hours ago
User Info
Thanks for the feedback folks. I’m not usually sensitive to lanolin. That’s weird.
At least I know there’s no cinnamon. I usually have trouble w soaps that have cinnamon or almond fragrance.
Either way, the sensation is mild enough that I don’t let it interfere with my use. Etherea has a great, almost intoxicating scent & the soap base is fantastic - warming effect is just a bonus!!!

1 33