01-10-2018, 05:21 PM
User Info
(01-10-2018, 08:22 AM)BrickHud Wrote: Well, since y'all seem to like it so much, I decided to try a couple tubs.  I ordered Forest City Fern (love a good fougere scent) and Barbershop (cuz I don't have a barbershop scented soap or cream).

I'm not a soap hoarder with a cabinet filled with them.  I generally stick to SV and TOBS with Proraso or Coate's for traveling.  But hey, it's Cleveland, tallow, at a good price, and comes highly recommended.

If it's horrible, y'all are in big trouble.   Tongue

Thanks for your purchase!  Just make sure to give them enough water, and you'll be fine.  All the butters make them thirsty.  The goat's milk formula (used in the fern with the black label) is even thirstier. Don't be afraid to give it water - it can take it.  I soak my brush, give it a tiny squeeze, and then load for 30-40 seconds.  Work it for maybe a minute or so, and it will thicken and build some volume. Hit us up if you have trouble.

0 1,137
 01-18-2018, 08:06 AM
User Info
I tried Shannon Soaps for the first time today (Forest City Fern), and I liked it a lot.  Good performance, loved the scent, and the price was good.  The Forest City Fern is a bit more expensive than most of their soaps, but still a good value in comparison with other soaps I like (T&H, TOBS, SV).  I also bought Barber Shop, which is even less expensive, and which I'll try tomorrow.  I assume the performance will be identical with just a different scent.

11 237
 01-18-2018, 04:24 PM
User Info
(01-18-2018, 08:06 AM)BrickHud Wrote: I tried Shannon Soaps for the first time today (Forest City Fern), and I liked it a lot.  Good performance, loved the scent, and the price was good.  The Forest City Fern is a bit more expensive than most of their soaps, but still a good value in comparison with other soaps I like (T&H, TOBS, SV).  I also bought Barber Shop, which is even less expensive, and which I'll try tomorrow.  I assume the performance will be identical with just a different scent.

Glad you liked the fern!  Recent versions (black label) do have a formula that is different from our standard line of soaps (it has goat milk and some other goodies, hence the higher price).  Since you liked the fern though, I don't think the Barbershop will disappoint as far as performance.  Scent is always YMMV.

0 1,137
 01-19-2018, 12:23 AM
User Info
Wonderful shave this morning with the Shannons Silk Pajamas

[Image: 4Q7I4zP.jpg]

43 719
 01-19-2018, 09:48 AM
User Info
I tried the Barbershop this morning.  Excellent volume of full creamy lather was the reward for using plenty of water and patience in building it.  Love the scent, though it surprised me.  Everyone's idea of what a barbershop smells like is different, and this is a fresh clean scent, not a Pinaud Clubman sort.  Very pleasant to my nose.  Nice price too.

11 237
 01-19-2018, 09:56 AM
User Info
(01-19-2018, 09:48 AM)BrickHud Wrote: I tried the Barbershop this morning.  Excellent volume of full creamy lather was the reward for using plenty of water and patience in building it.  Love the scent, though it surprised me.  Everyone's idea of what a barbershop smells like is different, and this is a fresh clean scent, not a Pinaud Clubman sort.  Very pleasant to my nose.  Nice price too.

Glad you liked, YES Shannons Soap is a very thirsty soap .. i remember when i very first tried it i was not getting a really good lather build up in my bowl but then i kept adding water and it really exploded into a great thick lather. From that day on i remember to leave my brush plenty wet

43 719