01-14-2018, 07:03 AM
  • DLP
  • Missouri
User Info
(11-06-2017, 07:41 AM)NJDJ Wrote: I currently have a Rockwell 6S and I REALLY like it.  I am sort of considering a Blackbird as they look so nice and I have read that the shave is slightly better than the Rockwell.  I have seen a machined finish Blackbird in person and really like the look of it.  That said, I also read that the polished model glides better while shaving and produces a better result.  So, what do you guys think?  Is the polished model that much better and would I really notice the difference between it and the machine finish?  I think I like the look of the machined better but I wouldn't want to upgrade from the Rockwell and regret my choice.

My Blackbird is a mixed Black Oxide head and handle with a machined base.

3 530
 01-14-2018, 07:11 PM
User Info
(01-14-2018, 07:03 AM)DLP Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 07:41 AM)NJDJ Wrote: I currently have a Rockwell 6S and I REALLY like it.  I am sort of considering a Blackbird as they look so nice and I have read that the shave is slightly better than the Rockwell.  I have seen a machined finish Blackbird in person and really like the look of it.  That said, I also read that the polished model glides better while shaving and produces a better result.  So, what do you guys think?  Is the polished model that much better and would I really notice the difference between it and the machine finish?  I think I like the look of the machined better but I wouldn't want to upgrade from the Rockwell and regret my choice.

My Blackbird is a mixed Black Oxide head and handle with a machined base.

Oh man I remember shipping that razor out! Awesome combination.

0 679