11-11-2017, 02:27 PM
User Info
Looking to buy Aristocrat OC, I recently bought Aristocrat SB and really enjoy the shave I get from it. So the idea is to try out the OC version and if it turns out that I like it I will probably end up sending it along with the SB one and the Fatboy for rhodium replate sometime by the end of the year.

If you do have one that you don't use, don't shave with it, maybe not enjoy the shave results or simply have a spare one pm me.

0 272
 11-11-2017, 03:16 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
(11-11-2017, 02:27 PM)bazemk Wrote: Looking to buy Aristocrat OC, I recently bought Aristocrat SB and really enjoy the shave I get from it. So the idea is to try out the OC version and if it turns out that I like it I will probably end up sending it along with the SB one and the Fatboy for rhodium replate sometime by the end of the year.

If you do have one that you don't use, don't shave with it, maybe not enjoy the shave results or simply have a spare one pm me.

1934 and 36 aristocrats on ebay can cost 125 to 400 depending on condition and if it comes with a case

54 662
 11-11-2017, 03:50 PM
User Info
(11-11-2017, 03:16 PM)bijou Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 02:27 PM)bazemk Wrote: Looking to buy Aristocrat OC, I recently bought Aristocrat SB and really enjoy the shave I get from it. So the idea is to try out the OC version and if it turns out that I like it I will probably end up sending it along with the SB one and the Fatboy for rhodium replate sometime by the end of the year.

1934 and 36 aristocrats on ebay can cost 125 to 400 depending on condition and if it comes with a case

I have seen them go for 80 to 200 on ebay max, I don't need a case and there is no need for it to be the British model.

Maybe I should update my post and saying that I'm not desperate to have one and pay big bucks for it, not gonna happen. I paid for my Aristocrat SB $32 on ebay shipped, I understand the OC value is more but not 200-400 bucks value, that's a value that desperate collectors pay and Im not one of them, just a  collector not a desperate one.

0 272
 11-11-2017, 04:47 PM
User Info
You got a good deal con your sb.
Good luck finding its oc partner. Good razors indeed.

9 1,455
 11-11-2017, 06:10 PM
  • Jorvaljr
  • Temple city, California
User Info
You should be able to find one for about $80-$100.

4 217
 11-12-2017, 07:31 AM
User Info
(11-11-2017, 06:10 PM)Jorvaljr Wrote: You should be able to find one for about $80-$100.

I believe that's the case, I recently bought the SB version out of pure curiosity and turned out it shaves like a dream and it looks good even with worn out plating but no scratches that I can tell, so naturally I think its time to try the OC version.

I don't go into details like others via years productions, different platings, different country production etc... I settle for the 2 different kinds and got no need for original case and its content like paper work and blade holder, got my own made case storage for my razors and also I never buy multiple ones of the same model one is enough to enjoy it and be able to experience the piece of history that survived over the years. I believe the next on my list also are one of each Gillette OC short and long comb and the tech but all 3 with the fatty handles because they seem to be more resistible to cracking.

Here is how I store my razors

[Image: pwVwg8i.jpg]

0 272
 11-12-2017, 10:00 AM
  • Jorvaljr
  • Temple city, California
User Info
(11-12-2017, 07:31 AM)bazemk Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 06:10 PM)Jorvaljr Wrote: You should be able to find one for about $80-$100.

I believe that's the case, I recently bought the SB version out of pure curiosity and turned out it shaves like a dream and it looks good even with worn out plating but no scratches that I can tell, so naturally I think its time to try the OC version.

I don't go into details like others via years productions, different platings, different country production etc... I settle for the 2 different kinds and got no need for original case and its content like paper work and blade holder, got my own made case storage for my razors and also I never buy multiple ones of the same model one is enough to enjoy it and be able to experience the piece of history that survived over the years. I believe the next on my list also are one of each Gillette OC short and long comb and the tech but all 3 with the fatty handles because they seem to be more resistible to cracking.

Nice selection. It’s been my experience the OC Aristocrat is a premium razor with premium prices. I’ve bought and sold several. I’ve yet to buy one under $75. The standard Aristocrat can be had for about $25-$40 all day long. I have 2 versions of the OC Aristocrat a English silver plated and American Gold. Neither are pristine and missing a lot of plating. The price i paid is about $100 each.

If I see something I’ll let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 217
 11-12-2017, 03:46 PM
User Info
(11-12-2017, 10:00 AM)Jorvaljr Wrote:
(11-12-2017, 07:31 AM)bazemk Wrote:

Nice selection. It’s been my experience the OC Aristocrat is a premium razor with premium prices. I’ve bought and sold several. I’ve yet to buy one under $75. The standard Aristocrat can be had for about $25-$40 all day long. I have 2 versions of the OC Aristocrat a English silver plated and American Gold. Neither are pristine and missing a lot of plating. The price i paid is about $100 each.

If I see something I’ll let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks bud, the 100 price tag I believe is justifiable considering they are more rare than the SB version

0 272
 11-13-2017, 02:23 PM
User Info
found what I need

0 272