11-14-2017, 11:34 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

In the past few months I have slowly switched to all synthetic shaving brush. My ultra sensitive skin prefers them to badgers. Now I am slightly overwhelmed with the big lineup of synthetics gracing the shave den. I am passing on the ones I do not use that much. The price includes U.S. shipping. Paypal is fine; no trades, please. Thanks.

Rick Montalvo custom Timberworlf. The custom handle is hefty and solid, I think just over 60mm high. The knot is about 25mm and the loft, I think, around 53mm. The brush has medium backbone, lovely splay, and silky soft tips. It's quite a handsome brush. New, the bush was $71.70. Your price is $50  $45 shipped U.S.

[Image: A1FgmQw.jpg]

Vladimir Ferdman custom Tuxedo with a 26mm knot and 51mm loft. The handle is about 51mm high. This is the face latheres' dream synthetic brush. Dense knot, good backbone and silky soft tips make this brush shine. New, the brush cost $73. Your price is $50  $45 shipped U.S.

[Image: CqBBE9z.jpg]

This is Plisson's La Maison du Barbier. It has modest backbone and silky soft tips. The brush splays beautifully. One of the sweetest brushes around. The brush cost me around $45 with shipping. Your price is $30  ($25) $20 (SOLD).
[Image: 46AkFBk.jpg]

This is the APShaveco 24mm Cashmere in the faux marble handle. It's a lovely brush. The backbone is minimal, the splay luscious and the tips silky soft. New, the brush cost $34.87 with shipping. Your price is $25. ( SOLD )
[Image: ms7LVpz.jpg]es

151 3,091
 11-14-2017, 01:26 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Nice brushes, Obie. I’ve already got three synthetic brushes which don’t get used very often, so I’m not really looking to add any more to the den at this time. But if I was so inclined, that little marble number would be the one I’d choose. Regardless, GLWTS Smile

7 2,298
 11-14-2017, 01:57 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(11-14-2017, 01:26 PM)chazt Wrote: Nice brushes, Obie. I’ve already got three synthetic brushes which don’t get used very often, so I’m not really looking to add any more to the den at this time. But if I was so inclined, that little marble number would be the one I’d choose. Regardless, GLWTS Smile

What's ironic, Charlie, is that a couple years back I didn't particularly care for synthetics. Well, quality choices were limited. Now, though, we see an explosion of these quality synthetic brushes, everything from Tuxedo to Plisson-type knots, in modest and fancy handles. I even sold my beloved Wiborg — well, I cheated a bit, since I had ordered another one some months ago. Anyway, now fabulous synthetic brushes have overrun the shave den. Yes, these two are sweet ones.

151 3,091
 11-16-2017, 01:14 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,
I have added more brushes to the lineup. Synthetic brushes have overrun the shave den and I need to do some trimming. By the way, the price on the Plisson is reduced.
Thanks.

151 3,091
 11-16-2017, 02:01 PM
  • Puma
User Info
Wow! The two customs are sweet. Vlad is really a master and Rick is now making some really sweet handles. It helps having Peter's resins to work with, too. Did you mean 25mm knot in the Rick? GLWTS

2 251
 11-16-2017, 02:08 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(11-16-2017, 02:01 PM)Puma Wrote: Wow! The two customs are sweet. Vlad is really a master and Rick is now making some really sweet handles. It helps having Peter's resins to work with, too. Did you mean 25mm knot in the Rick? GLWTS

Thanks, Puma. Yes, these are lovely brushes, and well made. Suddenly I am overrun by synthetics. Oh, yes, thanks for catching my senior moment on the Rick Montalvo brush. Yes, 25mm knot.

151 3,091
 11-16-2017, 02:18 PM
  • Puma
User Info
(11-16-2017, 02:08 PM)Obie Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 02:01 PM)Puma Wrote: Wow! The two customs are sweet. Vlad is really a master and Rick is now making some really sweet handles. It helps having Peter's resins to work with, too. Did you mean 25mm knot in the Rick? GLWTS

Thanks, Puma. Yes, these are lovely brushes, and well made. Suddenly I am overrun by synthetics. Oh, yes, thanks for catching my senior moment on the Rick Montalvo brush. Yes, 25mm knot.

Could you imagine 55? The head latherer's dream maybe, or leg shavers.

2 251
 11-16-2017, 04:16 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(11-16-2017, 02:18 PM)Puma Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 02:08 PM)Obie Wrote:

Could you imagine 55? The head latherer's dream maybe, or leg shavers.
Yes, a 55mm knot will lather the whole body.
By the way, gentlemen, the Shaveco Cashmere brush is sold. The others are still available.

151 3,091
 11-18-2017, 06:32 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,
This is the final day for selling these brushes. If interested, grab them before they go back on on my brush shelf.

151 3,091