11-15-2017, 03:34 PM
User Info
WTT:
BBS-1 for Rooney Finest, or MF with identical Rooney Finest knot (those old-stock Rooney Finest knots from Classic Shave were marked as Blonde)

BBS-1 is brand new and comes with stand.

I will be glad to discuss other options as well for your Rooney Finest.

Thank you !

0 77
 11-15-2017, 03:36 PM
User Info
Makes me wish I had one of these!

If I may ask, why hadn't you tried the BBS-1?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

0 62
 11-15-2017, 05:20 PM
User Info
(11-15-2017, 03:36 PM)Garewolf Wrote: Makes me wish I had one of these!

If I may ask, why hadn't you tried the BBS-1?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I recently managed to purchase  a brand new BBS-1: all packages, stand - but I opened the packaging to ensure everything arrived safe.

Trying to offer smt attractive for owners of Rooney Finest brushes to consider a trade..

0 77
 11-15-2017, 05:31 PM
User Info
Sell me that BBS-1 and then offer that sweet cash for your Rooney Finest Wink

In all seriousness, best of luck with your trade!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

0 1
 11-15-2017, 05:51 PM
User Info
Any photos?

7 60
 11-15-2017, 05:56 PM
User Info
(11-15-2017, 05:51 PM)mdwolfie86 Wrote: Any photos?

I can make some photos when required - but believe me - everything is brand new and very shiny  Wink

0 77
 11-15-2017, 06:32 PM
  • DanLaw
  • Just an old slow fat man
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
The way John wraps these effectively means taking pics renders them not new in box.

John is real artist. The individual pieces are wrapped in black tissue with gold tape then placed artfully in a simple but crafty cardboard box with mini brush and LASSC samples.

Suspect he will lose some value by unpacking from tissue

The more use the razor gets (especially since Polsilvers replaced Feathers) more i like it. Just a beautiful piece of functional industrial art made to level of care I employ in preparing race cars where literally matter of life or death. Truth told I want a second not as speculation and even a third if ever available in titanium.

Kudos to John in making a Wolfman even better!

Attached Files Image(s)

3 288
 11-15-2017, 06:43 PM
User Info
I hope you get what you want, but the BBS-1 is in a class by itself.

6 205
 11-16-2017, 05:03 AM
User Info
(11-15-2017, 06:32 PM)DanLaw Wrote: The way John wraps these effectively means taking pics renders them not new in box.

John is real artist. The individual pieces are wrapped in black tissue with gold tape then placed artfully in a simple but crafty cardboard box with mini brush and LASSC samples.

Suspect he will lose some value by unpacking from tissue

The more use the razor gets (especially since Polsilvers replaced Feathers) more i like it. Just a beautiful piece of functional industrial art made to level of care I employ in preparing race cars where literally matter of life or death. Truth told I want a second not as speculation and even a third if ever available in titanium.

Kudos to John in making a Wolfman even better!
Well, the BBS-1 actually predates the Wolfman brand!  The history is a pretty good read.

1 41
 11-16-2017, 06:33 AM
  • DanLaw
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
Wasn’t referring to chronology but rather LA Shaving Soap Company’s (John Brown’s) design parametres combined with Wolfman’s (James Dufor’s) obssession with precision craftsmanship. Marriage of brilliance.

3 288
 11-16-2017, 12:46 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
Hmm, that is a tempting offer. There are at least 376 BBS-1 razors out there. I wonder how many Rooney Finest brushes are in existence?

61 861
 11-16-2017, 02:02 PM
  • DanLaw
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
Mkt prices (although will be first to admit asset mkts are so corrupted price discovery is impossible) might be a better measure.

Also exercise caution presuming your understanding of serial numerology equates to a company’s methodology. May well be 376 units have been produced; may also be that there are 3 production runs of 76units each, 37 units of the 6th version or various permutations For example, one famous auto manufacturer used to designate models based on a cylandre’s volume, then later total capacity in litres followed by number of cylandres and finally back to single cylandre’s volume.

3 288
 11-16-2017, 02:20 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
(11-16-2017, 02:02 PM)DanLaw Wrote: Mkt prices (although will be first to admit asset mkts are so corrupted price discovery is impossible) might be a better measure.

Also exercise caution presuming your understanding of serial numerology equates to a company’s methodology. May well be 376 units have been produced; may also be that there are 3 production runs of 76units each, 37 units of the 6th version or various permutations   For example, one famous auto manufacturer used to designate models based on a cylandre’s volume, then later total capacity in litres followed by number of cylandres and finally back to single cylandre’s volume.

Caution taken, but I am pretty confident the numbering scheme for these razors is straightforward. Smile

61 861
 11-17-2017, 08:44 AM
User Info
If you opt out for cash I'm here to offer. I have some stuff like B&M Passiflora and others to sweeten the deal. By all means I'm aware that you are looking for a Rooney Finest which unfortunately I don't have. Good luck with your quest. 

Bek

0 0
 11-17-2017, 12:14 PM
User Info
Do a completed items search on ebay for BBS-1 before you consider trading it for a Rooney Finest. IMHO.

7 243