11-17-2017, 03:22 PM
User Info
I have to mention this product, because it really has changed the way I feel, when I sometimes shave my head in the shower.

I usually prefer to shave after my shower, but sometimes I'm in a hurry or haven't shaved my head in 5-6 days and can see the benefit from a REAL wet wet shave in the shower over a regular not so wet shave.

When I shave my head in the shower, I continue to wash my face and head with a mild facial cleanser, but I can feel a bit sensitive on my head, when it has just been shaved.
This is when I turn to this product. The mildest most gentle and fantastic cleanser I have ever tried.

It's from Osmium and it's a white soft thin cream, that does not lather but just feels like a moist velvet like post shave balm and soap in combination.
This product has changed the way I feel, when I once in a while shave my dome in the shower.

So for dome shavers, that tend to shave in the shower, I advice you to try this cleanser - it makes the shaved area feel so fantastic and soft, while it gently cleaneses the area at the same time.

It's called Osmium Clean & Refresh Cleanser

Another product, that has helped the way I feel just after my shave is Thayer's witch hazel. I prefer the unscented, the cucumber and the lavender edtion.

It simply prepares the shaved area better after the shave, and before I apply moisturizer and after shave lotion/splash.

Do you have a product, that just makes the grooming/shaving ritual more pleasant for you ?

25 6,391
 11-17-2017, 03:47 PM
User Info
Been making and using my own aftershave which consists of Dickenson's witch hazel, tea tree oil, vitamin E oil, and essential oils like lime, bergamot, cedarwood, orange, lavender etc. I have made up several different bottles and they work great and make my face feel fantastic.

46 719
 11-17-2017, 05:39 PM
User Info
I have to agree with you on the Thayer's Witch Hazel Claus, excellent product.

75 2,414
 11-17-2017, 06:10 PM
User Info
Kiss my face shaving cream. Unscented.

A tiny little dab turns even the most stubborn or difficult soap into amazing thick lather. Plus it doesn't affect the scent at all that I can tell. It's allowed me to use soaps that I had previously resigned to just being too tricky to even bother to try with my hard water.

I bought the smallest tube they make and it's something I wouldn't have believed if I hadn't tried it.

11 1,619
 11-17-2017, 07:53 PM
User Info
(11-17-2017, 05:39 PM)merkur man Wrote: I have to agree with you on the Thayer's Witch Hazel Claus, excellent product.

+2.  An everyday application for me.

23 1,938
 11-17-2017, 08:12 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
Noxzema Classic Clean Original Deep Cleansing Cream

1 1,274
 11-18-2017, 05:14 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
AoS tallow soap. Everyone is probably aware that I hold Yardley to be the best performing shaving soap ever made, at least in my experience.  I base it on years of daily shaving logs that tell me so. There are many in second place and indeed one or two of those are actually my favorites to use over Yardley because my Yardleys have either lost all or some of their fragrance.  But appearing on the horizon and closing fast are AoS Sandalwood and Lavender. More data will need to be gathered and it is technically impossible to surpass the Yardleys but perhaps an equal?.....

8 2,531
 11-18-2017, 10:28 AM
User Info
(11-18-2017, 05:14 AM)Mouser Wrote: AoS tallow soap. Everyone is probably aware that I hold Yardley to be the best performing shaving soap ever made, at least in my experience.  I base it on years of daily shaving logs that tell me so. There are many in second place and indeed one or two of those are actually my favorites to use over Yardley because my Yardleys have either lost all or some of their fragrance.  But appearing on the horizon and closing fast are AoS Sandalwood and Lavender. More data will need to be gathered and it is technically impossible to surpass the Yardleys but perhaps an equal?.....

I actually agree.
AOS Tallow is a perfect shaving soap for the price. I just also think both Czech & Speak are equally great, Valobra made too, so could not pick AOS Tallow based on that. But it surely is an amazing shaving soap

25 6,391
 11-18-2017, 11:55 AM
  • Nero
  • No Waxation Without Representation
  • Lanolin-Free or Die
User Info
(11-18-2017, 10:28 AM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 05:14 AM)Mouser Wrote: AoS tallow soap. Everyone is probably aware that I hold Yardley to be the best performing shaving soap ever made, at least in my experience.  I base it on years of daily shaving logs that tell me so. There are many in second place and indeed one or two of those are actually my favorites to use over Yardley because my Yardleys have either lost all or some of their fragrance.  But appearing on the horizon and closing fast are AoS Sandalwood and Lavender. More data will need to be gathered and it is technically impossible to surpass the Yardleys but perhaps an equal?.....

I actually agree.

You know where I stand on the issue...

82 3,444
 11-18-2017, 05:21 PM
User Info
(11-18-2017, 11:55 AM)Nero Wrote:

I actually agree.

...on a pile of AoS pucks...  ?

23 1,938
 11-18-2017, 05:41 PM
User Info
(11-18-2017, 05:21 PM)wreck | fish Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 10:28 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: I actually agree.

Laughing1

75 2,414
 11-18-2017, 06:11 PM
  • Nero
  • No Waxation Without Representation
  • Lanolin-Free or Die
User Info
(11-18-2017, 05:21 PM)wreck | fish Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 10:28 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: I actually agree.

Correct!!!  Clap  Biggrin

82 3,444
 11-19-2017, 05:08 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info

I actually agree.
AOS Tallow is a perfect shaving soap for the price. I just also think both Czech & Speak are equally great, Valobra made too, so could not pick AOS Tallow based on that. But it surely is an amazing shaving soap

The Czech & Speak, both No.88 and O&C, along with my wee bit of English Fern tallow are my favorites to use because of their fragrances and performance and actually MWF is on that list too, I love the way it smells  and lanolin is always a big plus for me. AoS won't replace them because I prefer their fragrances, but the AoS is at least their equal in performance and just might end up alongside my Yardleys. If only the AoS's were a little stronger in the nose department. They're barely there. I just received a sample order from Shave Dash that includes Valobra Fern and B&M Reserves both Cool and Fern. I have high hopes for those. If the Cool is any good I'll be in full hunt mode for more Floid Blue aftershave.

8 2,531
 11-19-2017, 05:26 AM
User Info
(11-17-2017, 03:22 PM)CHSeiferth. Wrote: Do you have a product, that just makes the grooming/shaving ritual more pleasant for you ?

A razor.

The old clamshells were so unpleasant.

Laughing1

1 506
 11-19-2017, 05:28 AM
User Info
Sorry.  I couldn't resist.

1 506
 11-19-2017, 06:09 AM
  • Asafiev
  • Lancaster, PA
User Info
Aveda Aftershave Balm.  

Brings a smile to my face every time.

0 297
 11-19-2017, 07:19 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
Bumble and Bumble hair tonic 

This is a very light tonic that is applied with a pump/mist. No goopy fingers; no spillage. It’s particularly nice for short hair (I keep my hair short year round) and especially for the scalp. Even you head shavers would enjoy it as an Aftershave rub! It contains tee tree oil, Lavender and other essential oils. It has a very light, pleasant “clean” scent. 

I’ve tried many over the years but keep coming back to this. Just a nice and scalp-healthy  finishing touch to your grooming ritual. 

[Image: gbtj8pg.jpg]

174 1,597
 11-19-2017, 08:42 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
Three mongrel brushes that make me smile every time they're used, and are on my 'never, ever part with' list. A Duke 3 that Rudy Vey reknotted with a Shavemac 2 band 25/50 fan; a Thater 4125 that Bob Quinn reknotted with an Elite Razor 28/55 2 band Manchurian bulb; and an Elite Razor lignum vitae Lotus style handle into which Bob transplanted a Simpsons Chubby 2, 3 band Super that is the softest, densest 3 band knot in my den.
Edit
Before these 3 brushes (other than a custom piece by Mr. Quinn - btw, now all my ER knots are sublime) I always figured that all brushes had an element of scritch, that it was just the nature of the beast. These brushes were/are game changers for me. They've changed my understanding of badger brushes.

10 3,115
 11-19-2017, 09:00 AM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
Penhaligon's; regardless of which scent I wear whenever I catch a little whiff they always puts a smile on my face

12 609
 11-19-2017, 09:55 AM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
Talbot Shaving soap and BlackBird DE razor

119 1,738