11-18-2017, 04:36 PM
  • Lando
  • This deal is getting worse all the time
  • Bellevue, WA
User Info
I find it odd that after a few initial comments, there is zero buzz about this new razor (Rex ambassador razor).

I ordered mine oct 31 and it's still showing as "awaiting fulfillment."  I sent an email to Razor Emporium a couple of days ago asking for an update but haven't received a response yet.

Is anybody else still waiting for theirs to arrive, or heard any recent news?  Any more reviews as owners have been able to test these out for a bit now?

19 454
 11-18-2017, 05:07 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
I used mine today. Third or fourth time. I really like it. Great grip, solid construction, and the adjustment mechanism works wonderfully. I took advantage of the offer to send it back for further finishing and do think it improved the finish, which I think is beautiful. Settings go from 1-6, with dots in between, but it does not click into place--it is a just a gradual adjustment and you can set it wherever you want on the scale. I have experimented with all the settings and forgot how nice it is to be able to change it on the fly for different parts of my face. 6 is pretty aggressive--I use it most of the time at 3 or 4 and get a smooth close shave. I used a Voskhod today and it was a good pairing.

61 861
 11-18-2017, 05:08 PM
User Info
I'm curious as well.  Things have gone pretty silent after the initial rollout.  I'm surprised that your order is still hung up.  Wonder if they are waiting for another production batch?

23 1,938
 11-18-2017, 05:28 PM
User Info
I have really enjoyed mine. I have been trialing a few other razors Sabre L2 and fatip Piccolo so I haven’t used mine for a little while. I shave mostly on 4-5 and have gotten a wonderful smooth shave. The razor is well built and after having the top cap re polished and loc tite on the inner bar it has been a purchase with no regrets. I find it to be the best adjustable razor I have used, including the Vision and future

17 306
 11-18-2017, 05:45 PM
  • Lando
  • This deal is getting worse all the time
  • Bellevue, WA
User Info
Thanks for the reviews! Looking forward to getting mine even more now.  

Some gents mentioned issues with the adjustment dial being somewhat "loose," wonder if this has also been addressed.

Yeah i dont get the delay in shipping, seemed like the first razors went out pretty quickly.  RE seemed to imply a large initial production run.  I suppose it's possible they are still tweaking the finishing technique, related to concerns raised with the initial batch that went out. 

I'm excited about this razor because I love the shave that the Gibbs adjustable gives, but I always found it a pain to modify standard DE blades to fit.

19 454
 11-18-2017, 05:57 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
(11-18-2017, 05:45 PM)Lando Wrote: Some gents mentioned issues with the adjustment dial being somewhat "loose," wonder if this has also been addressed.

That is not an issue with my razor.

61 861
 11-19-2017, 06:17 PM
User Info
No issue with my adjustment dial either

17 306
 11-19-2017, 06:26 PM
User Info
FWIW mine was very loose so I sent it back for adjustment and now no issues.

Chatter always dies down about a razor after the initial release but I’m very pleased with mine.

19 226
 11-19-2017, 08:53 PM
User Info
I have been very pleased with mine! Didn’t need to send it back either. Shaves amazingly well and fun to change settings on passes. I can start with 5 then 4, then 3 or 2 for clean up. I really love the razor. It’s my first adjustable. I do believe that REX/Razor Emporium had several hick ups between production (delayed) and shipping. I received a ship confirmation and nothing happened for weeks. Not a problem as I have plenty of razors in the den but there were hick ups along the way.

Overall, well worth the wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 114
 11-20-2017, 04:26 AM
User Info
(11-19-2017, 08:53 PM)Flyingbald Wrote: I have been very pleased with mine!  Didn’t need to send it back either. Shaves amazingly well and fun to change settings on passes. I can start with 5 then 4, then 3 or 2 for clean up. I really love the razor. It’s my first adjustable. 

This sums up my experience with the Rex also.  It's my first adjustable as well, and has quickly become one of the two razors I reach for first.  My only complaint is the same as others; I have to concentrate on my finger placement so as not to change the setting.  I tend to "choke up" on the razor when shaving around my nose and this is when the settings usually change.  If the settings would click into place, I would buy two more of these razors-- they're that good!  Mine is #62 and is flawless in construction.  I don't consider the light machine marks on the cap a problem aesthetically or functionally, so I didn't send it back.  Amazing razor!

0 62
 11-20-2017, 04:41 AM
User Info
Didn't even knew the razor in question yet.
Seems to be another copy of the design featured in the Gibbs nº 17 or the Personna Precision Micromatic Adjustable.

2 5,560