11-23-2017, 10:18 PM
User Info
Hello Everyone,  This is my very first post on this forum so if the question has been posted before then I apologize.   Could someone please tell me why there are numbers on these blades.  On one side I see numbers 1 and 2 ans on the other side of the blade there is number 3 and 4.

Thanks for your help.

0 1
 11-24-2017, 06:28 AM
User Info
(11-23-2017, 10:18 PM)Brander Wrote: Hello Everyone,  This is my very first post on this forum so if the question has been posted before then I apologize.   Could someone please tell me why there are numbers on these blades.  On one side I see numbers 1 and 2 ans on the other side of the blade there is number 3 and 4.

Thanks for your help.
Those numbers are used during production and really don't mean anything to the user.
Some will say that when the DE blade was used in a single edge razor the user would use one number first then switch to another number and thus a fresh edge.

BTW I posted about the Gillette super thins from Thailand. Not about the numbers, about receiving some fakes.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

1 115
 11-27-2017, 05:03 PM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
(11-23-2017, 10:18 PM)Brander Wrote: Hello Everyone,  This is my very first post on this forum so if the question has been posted before then I apologize.   Could someone please tell me why there are numbers on these blades.  On one side I see numbers 1 and 2 ans on the other side of the blade there is number 3 and 4.

Thanks for your help.

Hi, Brander. Kberga69 offers a plausible rationale. You’ll find this on many brands of blades. It took a while for me to disregard the numbers.

Btw. Welcome to the forum. When you get a chance head over to the introductions section so we can give you a proper greeting. This is a nice place on the web with many interesting folks. There’s lots to learn from the members here.

10 3,117