11-24-2017, 08:49 AM
User Info
I just acquired some pricey Schick twin blades. Have used one in my Type O clone and they are very efficient.

I was wondering if they’d work in my Schick Stick...

Please advise...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 437
 11-24-2017, 09:58 AM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I believe the twin blades work in all non-hydromatic Schicks from the I onwards. The Stick is an L, right? If so, you're good.

10 544
 11-24-2017, 05:47 PM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
My recollection is that they fit Schicks beginning with the Type Ls, in fact it was the so-named L-4 that introduced the twin blades .. so you should be ok.  If not, don't force it, use a bigger hammer ..

50 535
 11-24-2017, 05:56 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
When I was shaving with a Schick Injector I tried the twin blades.  I never could get use to them.  Always just preferred the single injector blade.  They should work fine in the I and L series Schick Injectors.

180 24,984
 11-25-2017, 12:01 PM
User Info
Thanks all. Got one into my Schick Stick with no loading issues. Results were a great BBS with a few weepers. Quickly squelched with some alum.

I like the Schick Stick handle...

24 437
 11-25-2017, 12:15 PM
User Info
What do you think of the twin injector blades? I've been on the fence about getting them for ages.

13 252
 11-25-2017, 01:07 PM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
(11-24-2017, 05:56 PM)Johnny Wrote: When I was shaving with a Schick Injector I tried the twin blades.  I never could get use to them.  Always just preferred the single injector blade.  They should work fine in the I and L series Schick Injectors.

I'm with you Johnny on the Twins.  I recall getting them free in the mail in my college days, and since I was already a Schick Shaver I tried them in an E .. which didn't work.  With the L handle as shipped they shaved pretty well but they clogged up fast, something I still experience when I am moved to try them again due to the recurrent raves from their fans.  I don't find them any better/sharper than the common Chicks, and at the price premium you are much better off searching for vintage Plus Platinums.

50 535
 11-25-2017, 05:14 PM
User Info
(11-25-2017, 12:15 PM)SweetReason Wrote: What do you think of the twin injector blades? I've been on the fence about getting them for ages.

I can get Chinese Schicks at my local grocery store. They are great.

I do legitimately feel that the twinjectors are slightly more efficient. A pain in the ass to get, but I’m hoping to get at least 10 good shaved from each. I do not think they clog up.

24 437
 12-01-2017, 07:28 PM
User Info
I use the Twins in my O Ring Clone and I'm on shave # 37 with the first blade I ever put in it and the blade is still going strong. I have a lot more SE razors in my den both vintage and modern and I only wish I could use the twins in some of my other razors. A complete contrast to the Feathers I have to use in my Genesis V2 where I can only get 2 good shaves and maybe a 3rd out of but that's pushing it. Today I did a comparison shave using the O Ring clone with the 37 shaves on the blade up against the new Occam and the O Ring was still more efficient as well as the Genesis which I also put the Occam up against and both Genesis and O Ring gave me a better shave than the Occam.

0 236
 12-07-2017, 05:28 PM
User Info
(12-01-2017, 07:28 PM)Wanderer66 Wrote: I use the Twins in my O Ring Clone and I'm on shave # 37 with the first blade I ever put in it and the blade is still going strong. I have a lot more SE razors in my den both vintage and modern and I only wish I could use the twins in some of my other razors. A complete contrast to the Feathers I have to use in my Genesis V2 where I can only get 2 good shaves and maybe a 3rd out of but that's pushing it. Today I did a comparison shave using the O Ring clone with the 37 shaves on the blade up against the new Occam and the O Ring was still more efficient as well as the Genesis which I also put the Occam up against and both Genesis and O Ring gave me a better shave than the Occam.

I’m guessing you meant Type O clone?

24 437
 01-25-2018, 06:05 AM
User Info
Since I was getting a great shave with the Type O Clone I thought why not get another injector razor that would have the ability to be even more efficient than the Clone. Did a little research and decided on a Type M Schick adjustable with a 1 to 8 dial. I acquired a mint one very quickly from the bay loaded a Twin blade and had one of the best BBS shaves ever! I'd put this combo up against some of my much more expensive SS SE razors any day. Smooth and efficient. I stared on setting 6 and stayed on it all the way through the 3 passes. I highly recommend trying this combo.

0 236
 01-25-2018, 06:23 AM
User Info
Twinjector blades in a Type M dialed up.  Brilliant!  I'll try it.  I like the Twinjector blades in the Type L, but I decided they weren't so great as to be worth the premium over regular injector blades.  But I want to try them in the Type M.  Thanks for the tip.

19 302
 01-26-2018, 07:38 PM
User Info
(01-25-2018, 06:23 AM)BrickHud Wrote: Twinjector blades in a Type M dialed up.  Brilliant!  I'll try it.  I like the Twinjector blades in the Type L, but I decided they weren't so great as to be worth the premium over regular injector blades.  But I want to try them in the Type M.  Thanks for the tip.

Used it again for tonight's shave and WOW a two pass WTG and ATG shave and some touch ups on my trouble spots with some shave soap water and a very solid BBS shave! This time I used setting 7 all the way through the shave with O irritation and I was shaving very fast as I was in a hurry.

0 236
 01-29-2018, 08:49 AM
User Info
I’ve now loaded a twinjector into my adjustable Schick. Also great!!

24 437
 01-30-2018, 01:34 PM
User Info
(01-29-2018, 08:49 AM)Mitchcumsteen Wrote: I’ve now loaded a twinjector into my adjustable Schick. Also great!!

They are a great combo! Glad you paired them up and the shaves get better once you get to about the 8th Shave on the Twins. On my Clone on Shave 44 with same blade.

0 236
 02-06-2018, 03:29 PM
User Info
Shave number 3 with the Type M and a twin. Even smoother than the first two!!!

24 437
 02-11-2018, 12:56 AM
User Info
(12-01-2017, 07:28 PM)Wanderer66 Wrote: I use the Twins in my O Ring Clone and I'm on shave # 37 with the first blade I ever put in it and the blade is still going strong. I have a lot more SE razors in my den both vintage and modern and I only wish I could use the twins in some of my other razors. A complete contrast to the Feathers I have to use in my Genesis V2 where I can only get 2 good shaves and maybe a 3rd out of but that's pushing it. Today I did a comparison shave using the O Ring clone with the 37 shaves on the blade up against the new Occam and the O Ring was still more efficient as well as the Genesis which I also put the Occam up against and both Genesis and O Ring gave me a better shave than the Occam.

I am currently using modern Twin Blades in a Schick Type N3, really superb Shaves. Now up to 17 outings, and I have a harsh beard. Have yet to try one in my Schick Type O Clone.

0 279
 02-27-2018, 04:31 AM
User Info
Just had my 4th shave with the twin and the Type O clone. Still gets better....

24 437
 02-27-2018, 07:25 AM
User Info
(02-27-2018, 04:31 AM)Mitchcumsteen Wrote: Just had my 4th shave with the twin and the Type O clone. Still gets better....

LOL this is getting funny. How many shaves can one Twin blade get you?  I had to take my blade out for a member who wanted a close up of the Twin cause he thought it was like an cart with two seperate blades and no one could make him understand so I took mine out with 44 shaves on it and sent him a photo. I also as a gift, I sent Cap a Schick Clone and I was talking to him yesterday and he mentioned he takes it when he's deployed on a military mission and he's on shave # 60 and says it's still going strong. It kind of boggles the mind how a blade can still hold a good edge for so long. Now I have one in my Schick Type M adjustable and the efficiency and smoothness on setting 6 provides me with some of the closest and completely irritation free shaves I've ever experience from any razor. Including DE, AC and Gem style razors. The only DE that is both as smooth and efficient is my Paradigm 17-4 which cost a whole lot more than a $25 Schick injector. 

Lets see how many shaves one of us can get before the blade expires!  Thumbup

I'm now down to 22 on my clone since I had to take the blade out at 44 so I'm way behind some of you but I'm not taking it out until it can't give me a good shave.

0 236
 02-27-2018, 07:37 AM
User Info
(02-27-2018, 07:25 AM)Wanderer66 Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 04:31 AM)Mitchcumsteen Wrote: Just had my 4th shave with the twin and the Type O clone. Still gets better....

LOL this is getting funny. How many shaves can one Twin blade get you?  I had to take my blade out for a member who wanted a close up of the Twin cause he thought it was like an cart with two seperate blades and no one could make him understand so I took mine out with 44 shaves on it and sent him a photo. I also as a gift, I sent Cap a Schick Clone and I was talking to him yesterday and he mentioned he takes it when he's deployed on a military mission and he's on shave # 60 and says it's still going strong. It kind of boggles the mind how a blade can still hold a good edge for so long. Now I have one in my Schick Type M adjustable and the efficiency and smoothness on setting 6 provides me with some of the closest and completely irritation free shaves I've ever experience from any razor. Including DE, AC and Gem style razors. The only DE that is both as smooth and efficient is my Paradigm 17-4 which cost a whole lot more than a $25 Schick injector. 

Lets see how many shaves one of us can get before the blade expires!  Thumbup

I'm now down to 22 on my clone since I had to take the blade out at 44 so I'm way behind some of you but I'm not taking it out until it can't give me a good shave.

Traveling for a few days with my M adjustable loaded with a twin.

Since I don’t shave daily except on weeks like this, my skin gets sore. Will be interesting if this smooth combo makes it better.

24 437