11-24-2017, 08:49 AM
User Info
I just acquired some pricey Schick twin blades. Have used one in my Type O clone and they are very efficient.

I was wondering if they’d work in my Schick Stick...

Please advise...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 398
 11-24-2017, 09:58 AM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I believe the twin blades work in all non-hydromatic Schicks from the I onwards. The Stick is an L, right? If so, you're good.

6 402
 11-24-2017, 05:47 PM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
My recollection is that they fit Schicks beginning with the Type Ls, in fact it was the so-named L-4 that introduced the twin blades .. so you should be ok.  If not, don't force it, use a bigger hammer ..

45 497
 11-24-2017, 05:56 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
When I was shaving with a Schick Injector I tried the twin blades.  I never could get use to them.  Always just preferred the single injector blade.  They should work fine in the I and L series Schick Injectors.

179 24,090
 11-25-2017, 12:01 PM
User Info
Thanks all. Got one into my Schick Stick with no loading issues. Results were a great BBS with a few weepers. Quickly squelched with some alum.

I like the Schick Stick handle...

20 398
 11-25-2017, 12:15 PM
User Info
What do you think of the twin injector blades? I've been on the fence about getting them for ages.

11 196
 11-25-2017, 01:07 PM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
(11-24-2017, 05:56 PM)Johnny Wrote: When I was shaving with a Schick Injector I tried the twin blades.  I never could get use to them.  Always just preferred the single injector blade.  They should work fine in the I and L series Schick Injectors.

I'm with you Johnny on the Twins.  I recall getting them free in the mail in my college days, and since I was already a Schick Shaver I tried them in an E .. which didn't work.  With the L handle as shipped they shaved pretty well but they clogged up fast, something I still experience when I am moved to try them again due to the recurrent raves from their fans.  I don't find them any better/sharper than the common Chicks, and at the price premium you are much better off searching for vintage Plus Platinums.

45 497
 11-25-2017, 05:14 PM
User Info
(11-25-2017, 12:15 PM)SweetReason Wrote: What do you think of the twin injector blades? I've been on the fence about getting them for ages.

I can get Chinese Schicks at my local grocery store. They are great.

I do legitimately feel that the twinjectors are slightly more efficient. A pain in the ass to get, but I’m hoping to get at least 10 good shaved from each. I do not think they clog up.

20 398
 12-01-2017, 07:28 PM
User Info
I use the Twins in my O Ring Clone and I'm on shave # 37 with the first blade I ever put in it and the blade is still going strong. I have a lot more SE razors in my den both vintage and modern and I only wish I could use the twins in some of my other razors. A complete contrast to the Feathers I have to use in my Genesis V2 where I can only get 2 good shaves and maybe a 3rd out of but that's pushing it. Today I did a comparison shave using the O Ring clone with the 37 shaves on the blade up against the new Occam and the O Ring was still more efficient as well as the Genesis which I also put the Occam up against and both Genesis and O Ring gave me a better shave than the Occam.

0 155
 12-07-2017, 05:28 PM
User Info
(12-01-2017, 07:28 PM)Wanderer66 Wrote: I use the Twins in my O Ring Clone and I'm on shave # 37 with the first blade I ever put in it and the blade is still going strong. I have a lot more SE razors in my den both vintage and modern and I only wish I could use the twins in some of my other razors. A complete contrast to the Feathers I have to use in my Genesis V2 where I can only get 2 good shaves and maybe a 3rd out of but that's pushing it. Today I did a comparison shave using the O Ring clone with the 37 shaves on the blade up against the new Occam and the O Ring was still more efficient as well as the Genesis which I also put the Occam up against and both Genesis and O Ring gave me a better shave than the Occam.

I’m guessing you meant Type O clone?

20 398