01-08-2018, 07:18 PM
User Info
I would like to have a bottle of the Small Batch Shave Tonic.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

6 668
 01-09-2018, 07:35 AM
User Info
This is really great to hear and read Johnny. You have been wet shaving longer than I have been alive and it is good to see an option that works for you. Adapt and overcome, good to see you have!!

20 1,380
 01-11-2018, 12:08 AM
User Info
The Braun, and Norelco shavers really can give a great shave with proper prep, and Technique.

Clayton

6 668
 01-13-2018, 02:28 PM
User Info
Back in the 70's and early 80's I used exclusively what was then known as the "Norelco Triple Header".  I think Norelco only made one model back then.  It was... OK.  I mean it worked, and none of my work colleagues ever called me names or anything, but it wasn't close to a good DE shave.  My Dad used a Remington MicroScreen my entire childhood, and his face was always rough.

Are the modern Brauns, Phillips and Norelcos much better than that?  I'm kind of interested for occasional use (mostly because I like shaving gadgets, and hey the Europeans love 'em), but the really good ones seem pretty expensive if the shave isn't stellar.

1 24
 01-14-2018, 06:22 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
A whole lot better than back in the 70's and 80's.  If I wet shave with my Norelco 9300 I can get as close as I ever did with a DE razor.  Initial investment can get expensive, depending on which model you  choose.

179 24,100
 Yesterday, 04:18 AM
User Info
My Norelco Sensotouch 3D 1260X wouldn't conquer my 4 day old beard last night. I had to switch over to my Braun Series-7 to finish the job. It alway's leaves me 99.9% bbs. 11 hours later my face is still smooth with no irritation. I did dry shave and I used Afta Electric Preshave Lotion. I did a warm water rinse afterwords and then put on some P&G Old Spice Classic AS and again I suffered no alcohol burn from the Old Spice. It was a great shave I enjoyed it.

Clayton

6 668
 Yesterday, 05:18 AM
User Info
(01-14-2018, 06:22 AM)Johnny Wrote: A whole lot better than back in the 70's and 80's.  If I wet shave with my Norelco 9300 I can get as close as I ever did with a DE razor.  Initial investment can get expensive, depending on which model you  choose.
Braun, and Norelco/Philips both have a thirty day money back warranty if their shaver doesn't work for you. And it can take a month for your face to adjust to an electric. When we wetshave we build up minor scar tissue that can take a few weeks to smooth out when one takes up electric shaving. So your shaves may not be the greatest at first, sound familiar. And try to shave daily?, rotary shavers don't like 2 plus days of stubble, and a foil shaver will do it but it will take a little longer. I kept thinking of beard reduction, and no pressure as I mowed down 4 days growth with my Braun Series-7. I ended up with a smooth comfortable shave that was equal to a DE/SE shave.

Clayton

6 668