12-02-2017, 08:04 AM
User Info
I don’t have the Ti Paradigm razor so can’t compare it.

1 102
 12-02-2017, 09:58 AM
User Info
I own the Ti and it's my top choice in rotation. This SS purchase was a must. The prior descriptions of mild but efficient are spot on. The geometry is terrific. After only one shave, I wasn't in love with the short length of the handle. The design, fit and finish - all terrific. Perhaps I'll get used to it, but by the third pass I put a WRH2 on there and it was perfect.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

26 143
 12-02-2017, 11:10 AM
User Info
Two shaves in. This might be my new favorite. Smooth, efficient, well balanced, and looks great.

16 203
 12-02-2017, 01:40 PM
User Info
I don't think it's incredibly mild. It's a little more mild than the Ti version, but I find that to be on the slightly aggressive side. I have sensitive skin, and, while I like the Ti very much, if I shave with it for three or four days in a row, my skin tends to feel slightly irritated. I shaved with the SS for the first time today and this one might be perfect. It provided a really close shave without any irritation. I guess we'll see how it feels after a few days in a row, but right now, I'm liking it very much. I could see the handle being a little short for some, but I like it. I love the way the top comes together. It seems very well built.

For comparison's sake, on an aggressiveness scale, I'd put the Ti at about a 7, and I'd put the SS version at about a 6. I'd put a Guerilla at about a 2.5 or 3. A Blackbird would be about 8.5. The Asylum Rx would be more aggressive than that.

4 900
 12-02-2017, 01:53 PM
User Info
(12-02-2017, 01:40 PM)UngerWoo Wrote: I don't think it's incredibly mild. It's a little more mild than the Ti version, but I find that to be on the slightly aggressive side. I have sensitive skin, and, while I like the Ti very much, if I shave with it for three or four days in a row, my skin tends to feel slightly irritated. I shaved with the SS for the first time today and this one might be perfect. It provided a really close shave without any irritation. I guess we'll see how it feels after a few days in a row, but right now, I'm liking it very much. I could see the handle being a little short for some, but I like it. I love the way the top comes together. It seems very well built.

For comparison's sake, on an aggressiveness scale, I'd put the Ti at about a 7, and I'd put the SS version at about a 6. I'd put a Guerilla at about a 2.5 or 3. A Blackbird would be about 8.5. The Asylum Rx would be more aggressive than that.

Very well put! Completely agree about the relative aggressiveness scale you gave. Right in the sweet spot. Agree the top is very well constructed.

1 102
 12-03-2017, 06:23 PM
User Info
Mines being shipped tomorrow!.. Will update with some thoughts as it's used.

14 103
 12-04-2017, 03:33 AM
User Info
Second shave with it today. After the first, I put it it at a 6 on an aggressiveness scale. That might be a little high, but I enjoyed the second shave even more than the first. This is a great razor for me.

4 900
 12-04-2017, 10:23 AM
  • Boonie21
  • Soapy Science Soaps
  • Atlanta, Ga
User Info
I have had three of my best shaves ever with this razor. It get’s “Gooder & Gooder” Smile

105 1,700
 12-04-2017, 12:02 PM
User Info
How you compare this razor with Timeless .95 in aggressiveness and blade feel?

Enviado desde mi iPhone X utilizando Tapatalk Pro

3 1,239
 12-04-2017, 01:35 PM
  • Boonie21
  • Soapy Science Soaps
  • Atlanta, Ga
User Info
(12-04-2017, 12:02 PM)jfim88 Wrote: How you compare this razor with Timeless .95 in aggressiveness and blade feel?

Never used a Timeless but i would put this razor a touch more aggressive than my Weber ARC and a bit less aggressive than my Gillette Open Comb Aristocrat. Hope that helps.

This razor is just very smooth but also is not mild for me like a Feather AS-D1 or a RazoRock Mamba or Baby Smooth.

105 1,700
 12-04-2017, 01:36 PM
User Info
(12-04-2017, 01:35 PM)Boonie21 Wrote:
(12-04-2017, 12:02 PM)jfim88 Wrote: How you compare this razor with Timeless .95 in aggressiveness and blade feel?

Never used a Timeless but i would put this razor a touch more aggressive than my Weber ARC and a bit less aggressive than my Gillette Open Comb Aristocrat. Hope that helps.

This razor is just very smooth but also is not mild for me like a Feather AS-D1 or a RazoRock Mamba or Baby Smooth.

Thanks for your comments.

3 1,239
 12-04-2017, 03:49 PM
User Info
Some pics would be good also. Under the cap and the baseplate..

27 352
 12-04-2017, 06:29 PM
User Info
I am intrigued by this razor, but unsure of how "efficient it is." I don't really care for aggressive blade feel, that I avoid like the plague. I want the smoothest possible shave with unmatched efficiency. Does this razor deliver along those descriptions? My current favorite is the Blackland Gem Razor. I realize it is apples to oranges, but which do you find more "efficient" for those who are blessed to have both?

85 392
 12-05-2017, 05:31 AM
  • Boonie21
  • Soapy Science Soaps
  • Atlanta, Ga
User Info
[Image: vCuVhjj.jpg][Image: Wlg3Q0b.jpg][Image: tjmue2M.jpg][Image: MQzaeBf.jpg]

For me - it’s smoother than my OneBlade v2 that I had, smoother than Wolfman BBS-1 and a bit more efficient than my Weber ARC. 

This is not an aggressive feeling razor in the least BUT it mows down stubble like an aggressive razor.  It has the cutting efficiency of a razor that should not be this smooth.

105 1,700
 12-05-2017, 05:45 AM
User Info
I received my 17-4 yesterday. All I can say is beautiful razor! I removed it from the package, loaded a blade and immediately felt some resistance while threading the head into the handle. I removed it and noticed the threads were gunked up a bit from what I can assume was some part of the manufacturing or polishing process. I cleaned this off and decided to have my first shave with it. It is very smooth and quite efficient but after a WTG and an ATG pass, I still had some minor stubble left in my usual problem area around my jaw line (I also shaved yesterday morning so this was only the 5 o’clock shadow at this time). And for the record, I NEVER shave against the grain due to issues with ingrown hairs.

The first shave took a little buffing to get cleaned up but maybe I didn’t have the correct angle. Time will tell.

I shaved again with the razor this morning as I normally do and had similar results as the first. A nice, smooth shave with quite a bit of buffing to clean up my jaw line. I will continue to evaluate this razor, changing up my angle etc and hope it works out. Right now, I am not sure this razor is for me but we will see.

On a regular basis I use the ATT H1 and H2, Blackland Sabre L2, Blackbird SB/OC, Timeless .95 oc, Slim Adjustable on setting 7-9, R41, and the Mergress on setting 4-5. All of the above seem to be more efficient for my facial hair growth which, by the way, is extremely fast. No matter what razor I use, I have facial hair growth you can see by the time I get off work. If I shaved at 10pm, I could not go to work at 7am without shaving.

Everyone has different facial hair patterns and speed of growth so I always take shaving videos with a grain of salt. In fact, some of the YouTube shavers are quite comical to me when they say they haven’t shaved for several days and you can barely see what they are shaving off. That was not meant to make fun, only to point out how different we all all. What is efficient to you may barely shave my face and vice versa.

30 297
 12-05-2017, 07:40 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(12-04-2017, 03:49 PM)morecolor Wrote: Some pics would be good also. Under the cap and the baseplate..

Here is a quick iphone video showing a 360 degree view.

48 20,068
 12-06-2017, 08:45 AM
User Info
I forgot to mention in my first post discussing the razor that Phil included a tuck of PermaSharp Super blades with the 17-4 so that is what I used for my first two shaves. I was a little surprised at the initial results because these blades are in my top 3.

This morning I decided to take a different approach. Although I really like Feather blades, I usually reserve them for my more mild feeling razors. I loaded a new Feather blade and conducted my normal shave. I played with the angle a bit, and because I am used to more blade feel, I realized I was using quite a bit of pressure and had to back off just a bit to let the razor do its job. I did one WTG and one XTG pass followed by my normal buffing/cleanup along my jawline. I ended up with an "almost" BBS shave even without a WTG pass. I was impressed this morning. I will continue to play around with angles and blades (Polsilver is next) until I get it dialed in.

Personally, I think my issue is that I am used to aggressive razors that actually feel aggressive. I think it is a perception thing that I must overcome. There is almost no blade feel but with nice audible feedback so I know its just me.

30 297
 12-06-2017, 11:24 AM
User Info
How many of these have sold I wonder... Mine should be here tomorrow ! Woohoo

14 103
 12-06-2017, 12:03 PM
User Info
(12-06-2017, 08:45 AM)FloridaCreekIndian Wrote: Personally, I think my issue is that I am used to aggressive razors that actually feel aggressive. I think it is a perception thing that I must overcome. There is almost no blade feel but with nice audible feedback so I know its just me.

What you shared here is really good information for those who want an aggressive razor that doesn't feel aggressive. I've always wondered why we associate blade feel and/or harshness with aggressiveness. I'm much more interested in how a razor mows down the stubble.   =)

85 392
 12-06-2017, 12:48 PM
User Info
(12-06-2017, 12:03 PM)Silence! Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 08:45 AM)FloridaCreekIndian Wrote: Personally, I think my issue is that I am used to aggressive razors that actually feel aggressive. I think it is a perception thing that I must overcome. There is almost no blade feel but with nice audible feedback so I know its just me.

What you shared here is really good information for those who want an aggressive razor that doesn't feel aggressive. I've always wondered why we associate blade feel and/or harshness with aggressiveness. I'm much more interested in how a razor mows down the stubble.   =)

Well if you don't feel the blade against the face, it is going to be harder for the razor to cut down the small hairs during the second and third pass.  At least that is what I think and has been my experience.

0 402