12-02-2017, 03:20 PM
User Info
Although I appreciate a buyer sending a PayPal Friend/Family payment for an item I have sold, in order to save me the fees, sometimes I wish they had sent a regular Goods/Services payment instead, especially when the total sale amount and fee are not a lot of money, because it seemed to me for a long time that there was no way to pay for shipping on PayPal unless it was for a business transaction.  So a F/F payment meant that I had to find one of the scarce parking spots at my local P.O. and then stand in a long line for the single clerk on duty, in order to buy postage.  At times I've even been disgruntled enough at the thought of that process that I refunded the buyer's money and asked them to re-submit it as a regular business payment, which probably was sort of a rude thing for me to do.

However, I learned today that it is possible to just buy postage on PayPal for any shipping, even for a Friend/Family transaction.  Some of you probably already knew this, but I didn't.  Anyway, all you need to do is sign in to your PayPal account, then go to:  https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/
There you can enter your shipping address information, type of shipping, weight, etc., pay for the postage, and print your label.  Easy.

207 12,352
 12-02-2017, 04:04 PM
User Info
I use that link all the time, got a cheapie digital scale from WW and just weigh the package and print it out, it's actually 10% cheaper than taking it to local post, thanks for posting though for those that did not know.

6 1,402
 12-02-2017, 04:51 PM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
Thanks for sharing this.  Like you I had no idea this was possible.

8 1,447
 12-03-2017, 06:11 AM
User Info
I've been using the USPS web site and paying through paypal. I see that there is a shipping calculator that needs to be set up. Is that how to get to paypals USPS shipping without a link?

32 6,470
 12-03-2017, 07:28 AM
User Info
I learned quick about shipping on the million items i have bought from John. actually proud i can remember to do it that way.

76 1,331
 12-03-2017, 02:10 PM
User Info
Top tip! When I was first shown that link, I immediately bookmarked it because it's so useful! It also lets you do USPS First class, which the last I checked the USPS website requires you do do that at the kiosk or in person.

6 804
 12-03-2017, 03:28 PM
User Info
I prefer to use http://www.paypal.com/shipnow. it redirects to the same spot, but it's easier to remember.

37 542
 12-06-2017, 03:29 PM
  • Sevenbark
  • Lower Clinch River Valley
User Info
That is great info, thanks all.

13 259
 12-07-2017, 06:32 AM
User Info
I did the same thing Gig.

32 6,470