05-27-2018, 10:59 AM
User Info
A polishing job well done. If it improves the shave, I'll do it on mine too.

0 443
 05-27-2018, 01:22 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
Thank you!n The polishing did improve it for me, but YMMV

115 1,668
 05-29-2018, 05:21 AM
User Info
Can anyone compare the Karve with the Rex adjustable. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

24 738
 06-01-2018, 06:07 AM
User Info
I am 14 hrs post shave with the F plate using an Astra SP. I am just starting to feel some stubble. There is more blade feel than the Paradigm 17-4 but still very smooth. This is a very good razor and the shave efficiency of the F plate is hard to argue with. The fit and build quality is excellent The finish IMHO is not equal to Wolfman, Timeless or Paradigm and it does not have the Artistic look of a Charcoal Goods but the shave is in the same league as these other excellent razors. For me this is the first “affordable “ razor that shaves as well as the high priced modern razors. I did get very good shaves with the D plate but only with a Kai blade. The E&F plates are giving great shaves with any of my blades. The F is giving me a longer BBS than the E but I will need to use them both for a few more weeks to see if this pattern continues. Just my opinion as I continue to use the Karve

6 201
 06-01-2018, 09:10 AM
User Info
Good review. Thanks Shavemd
I had my first shave with my Karve plate F. All that it has been said about this razor and the F plate it’s true. Amazing shave, you could feel the blade but very efficient and smooth. Tumbes up Chris!!
The only thing that I could see was that, because it is made out of brass, it began already creating a patina after my first shave. I may want to decide to polish it as other member in this blog showed pictures of.
No complains about my Karve. Excellent shaving result, very cool look and both for a super competitive price.

0 18
 06-02-2018, 09:14 AM
User Info
In case anybody gets bored with their Karve or misses the Blackbird you traded....SimplexKarve... great combination.[Image: fb35395e01095ed39eb4ef023d8710e0.jpg]

1 331
 06-08-2018, 11:14 PM
User Info
Mine arrived, what a shave with the D tplate. I also have the E plate which is a tad more efficient and as smooth, but as long as the D does the job, I'll be using the D.

0 443
 06-09-2018, 03:48 AM
User Info
Used mine this morning with the E plate. Probably the best value out there for a quality razor.

132 13,515
 06-09-2018, 07:15 AM
User Info
I purchased a Karve with the 3.5" handle and the F plate. For me, I still find the 17-4 to be the smoothest and most efficient razor I have but it is hard to argue with the shave quality of the Karve along with its affordable price. The shave of the F plate is still amazingly efficient and smooth and well worth the money.

20 245
 06-09-2018, 07:48 AM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
(06-09-2018, 07:15 AM)FloridaCreekIndian Wrote: I purchased a Karve with the 3.5" handle and the F plate. For me, I still find the 17-4 to be the smoothest and most efficient razor I have but it is hard to argue with the shave quality of the Karve along with its affordable price. The shave of the F plate is still amazingly efficient and smooth and well worth the money.

I purchased the same combination as you, but find that a "G" plate (not in existence... yet) would be the ideal combination. A very good razor and price, but my Paradigm DE Ti Gen 1 still holds the title for my best DE.

13 652
 06-09-2018, 09:00 AM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(06-09-2018, 07:48 AM)Entasis Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 07:15 AM)FloridaCreekIndian Wrote: I purchased a Karve with the 3.5" handle and the F plate. For me, I still find the 17-4 to be the smoothest and most efficient razor I have but it is hard to argue with the shave quality of the Karve along with its affordable price. The shave of the F plate is still amazingly efficient and smooth and well worth the money.

I purchased the same combination as you, but find that a "G" plate (not in existence... yet) would be the ideal combination. A very good razor and price, but my Paradigm DE Ti Gen 1 still holds the title for my best DE.

I'm enjoying my F plate, which is a noticeable improvement over the D plate on my face. I suspect I would like the G. I missed the Paradigm Ti I, but find the 17-4 to be a bit more efficient and pleasant-to-use than the Karve/F. I have the 3" handle, and use Kai blades.

7 489