08-17-2018, 06:28 AM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
I have a bunch of high-end razors. Yet, when I set up all my shaving implements prior to a shave,if I do not plan ahead, I will pick the Karve without thinking. I have a second one coming. I am fearful that the brass will not withstand a fall and need a back-up. Does anyone know if a SS model is on it's way?

84 1,191
 08-17-2018, 06:54 AM
User Info
(08-17-2018, 06:28 AM)Barrylu Wrote: Does anyone know if a SS model is on it's way?

I don't know, but you could query Karve directly.

19 309
 08-18-2018, 04:19 PM
User Info
Doesn’t get any better......

Perhaps, arguably the best shaving system on the market. And that’s saying something....

[Image: lQFTzRk.jpg]

Karve “F” 3.5” & Derby Premium #1
RR BC Plissoft 24mm
GD Basique
DG Sensitive Skin Astringent
Nivea Vitalizing A/S lotion
Azzaro Chrome United edt

1 246
 08-20-2018, 06:01 AM
  • dmshaver
  • Default User Title
  • Kansas City
User Info
I’m glad to read all the information & reviews. This seems to be an excellent razor to many people.

0 64
 11-11-2018, 09:38 AM
User Info
I bought a Karve Christopher Bradley with the 4" handle and B & C guards on Sept 18th and they were delivered on Oct 10th.  I'm impressed by the quality of machining for a modest priced razor. The shave with the B guard using a Polsilver SI or Astra SP is quite nice for someone like me who likes a mild-to-middle aggressive razor.  So far, I haven't tried the C guard, since the B was so efficient and comfortable.

The longer handle is comfortable in my hand and has a decent grip, too.

For me, it's a bit heavy (cap & B guard 35g, 4" handle 85g, total 120g), but that's to be expected for solid brass.  A hollow-drilled handle option would be welcome.

My only criticism (and a perpetual pet peeve of mine for many razors) is that there is far too much exposure of the end tabs of the blade.  Since both the top cap and bottom plate have curved recesses on the ends, there is no need to have any blade end sticking out to assist in removing the blade.  The head is so well machined that I've found no need to grasp the blade ends to tweak the already precise blade alignment.  (The head is actually about 1mm narrower than a Jagger DE89, which has no recesses.)

The brass is already developing a nice patina and looks great (when no blade is loaded).  One oddity for me is that after handling the razor, I swear I get a metallic taste in my mouth, but then I'm an old geezer and every day there is some new sign of decrepitude!

Terry - A stereotypical engineer with design OCD

0 55
 11-12-2018, 12:16 PM
User Info
I do like my Karve CB razor.
Mine came with an E guard, and as a R41 fanboy that’s spot on for me.
I might order the F plate as well.

It has great heft, and I even like the material developing some patina.
Not s fan of this in watches, but for razors it feels ok.

All in all, a nice addition to a crowded den!

0 701
 11-23-2018, 02:00 PM
User Info
Have one coming in D plate...hoping to find the one ...couldn't help myself, so badly want to support Canandian manufacturers and this looked pretty sweet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

0 22
 01-04-2019, 06:42 AM
User Info
What is the order fulfilment situation like these days?

I do not want to pay up and then wait interminably.

Itching to try the E plate.

Would have emailed him direct but have heard that emails are not always replied to.

1 146
 01-04-2019, 10:44 AM
User Info
Website say currently it is 3-5 days...

4 134
 02-08-2019, 10:22 AM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Worcester
User Info
I received my Christopher Bradley razor by Karve yesterday and I want to give a quick review.

First off I ordered the razor on Sunday January 27th and it arrived Thursday February 7th, having shipped from Edmonton Canada, stopping over at international processing in San Francisco, and arriving to me in Massachusetts in 11 total days. That seems like a perfectly fine shipping time to me.

The razor was packaged very securely and in a wonderful looking box with a hand written note thanking me for my purchase. It came with care instructions for the solid brass razor. You can tell lots of care is taken with each order of these razors.

The razor itself is meticulously well made. I find no imperfections in the machining and it has a great weight and feel in my heart with the 3.25" handle.

My initial shave this morning with the mild "A" plate was superb. I was hesitant that it might be too mild, but it was not, and it cleared away 3 days of growth to a wonderfully smooth shave in two passes. I would not want it any more aggressive, it suits me perfectly.

I really look forward to future use of this razor.[Image: 84e4d21621f3c71ffd9fde2f0513757c.jpg][Image: 7a4c225bd0c74af420c2f04e8e56178f.jpg]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

35 1,781
 02-09-2019, 04:00 PM
User Info
Could one of you owners please tell me the diameter of the handle?

9 147
 02-09-2019, 04:20 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Worcester
User Info
(02-09-2019, 04:00 PM)Kpfeifle Wrote: Could one of you owners please tell me the diameter of the handle?
My very rough measurements says it's right about 12mm.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

35 1,781
 02-11-2019, 08:00 PM
User Info
Thanks!

9 147