12-11-2017, 07:20 AM
User Info
I'm window shopping a bit, and the Proraso Single Blade Aftershave balms - especially the wood and spice - caught my eye... have anyone tried it? Experiences with and/or opinions on it?

3 6,492
 12-12-2017, 10:53 AM
User Info
No one? I guess I might have to order one so I can report to y'all then...

3 6,492
 12-12-2017, 06:15 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I had never even heard of them until now. There are so many products out there these days.

52 20,905
 12-12-2017, 08:13 PM
User Info
It's a fairly new release as far as I can tell - the Better Half spotted it and though it sounded interesting, and I have to agree with her.

3 6,492
 12-20-2017, 03:27 PM
  • DanLaw
  • Just an old slow fat man
  • Peachtree City, GA
User Info
Kinda like Castle Forbes Cedar and Sandalwood scent, was disinterested originally but determined to give a second try.  Now the Proraso Wood and Spice is among my favourites.  Actual skin results about same as Proraso White though.  Haters give a few tries before quitting on it

4 442
 08-13-2019, 01:29 PM
  • ischiapp
  • Forio d'Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
I continue the speech started for shaving cream.
http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?pid=...#pid927782

As can be read, the new formulation is definitely richer.
I can feel the little more glycerine, and it is pleasant but nothing striking.
The true differential is given by three factors:
• shea butter
• vitamin E
• rheological agents

Thanks to the first two, which well synergize with the increase in glycerine, the conditioning of the skin is very valid.
Deep hydration, gentle decongestion, softening of the skin for quick and lasting comfort.
But the technical aspects are the ones that most impressed me.

The combination of acrylic polymer with xanthan gum has an absolutely spectacular silk-like mimetic effect.
It allows an easy application, the balance of the acidity, a fast absorption, an (almost) dry finish and an effective film-forming effect.
All this translates into an easy, fast, pleasant and effective product.
For an absolutely honest price.

Moreover the fragrance completes and expands the cream (see link), with a very pleasant synergy.
Given my preference for the classical method of italian tradition, I will add the cologne as a lotion.
For me (given my innate reactive seborrhea, worsened by warm season) it will be a winning move.
This will allow me to improve the only drawback of this product which is the (normally low, for a balm) duration of the fragrance.

0 1,725