01-12-2018, 10:35 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(01-12-2018, 08:14 AM)primotenore Wrote:
I am ready for a black Thäter Beehive Phil...hope they are in stock soon...  Sisi

Thater indicates that I should have them by January 18th. Fingers crossed.

46 18,808
 01-12-2018, 11:33 AM
User Info
(01-12-2018, 10:35 AM)bullgoose Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 08:14 AM)primotenore Wrote:
I am ready for a black Thäter Beehive Phil...hope they are in stock soon...  Sisi

Thater indicates that I should have them by January 18th. Fingers crossed.
Thumbsup

39 3,991
 01-14-2018, 01:59 PM
  • Cino
User Info
I have both.  I can compare them but it's not really a fair comparison because the SOC is well broken in.  I have several Semogues and have never experienced shedding with any of them.  For a brief period my Semogue 2000 was shedding a few hairs with every shave but that was when it was new and the brush settled down within several shaves and hasn't been a problem since.

My SOC is very soft; I used it today.  It also splays easily and exhibits absolutely no skritch.  It has nowhere near the backbone of my Omega 20102 (a '49 variant, I think) but it is a different shave.  The Omega is more like a Shavemac D01 2-band of boars while the SOC is more of a 2-band silvertip.  Neither feels like a badger, I'm just trying to use the best analogy that I can think of.

My Thater boar is barely broken in.  It has maybe 5 shaves on it.  I notice an improvement in softness with each shave but so far it is not as soft as the SOC.  Continuing with the badger analogy, I see the Thater developing into the boar equivalent of a 2-band badger fan-shaped brush that Thater is known for.  I think that it will become a fluffy brush.  There is a lot of hair there and the loft was selected less for the massage of the Omega '49 or D01 2-band and more for the enveloping cloud-like feel of say a 4125 2-band finest fan.  Again, this feels nothing like a badger brush, but in the realm of boar brushes I think that my analogy is OK.  It is certainly unique among my boar brushes and I'm fairly excited to see how it develops.

I'd welcome any comments, I'm certainly no expert but that's how I sees it.

0 12