12-17-2017, 07:52 PM
User Info
Any thoughts on the difference between the two?

I used SS version in the past long time ago but after using it twice - sold it because I though it was too aggressive. Now I just recently used Aluminum version - and while I don't have SS, I do have Timeless 0.95 OC SS version and I feel that the Aluminum version is light and needs a much sharper blade because it does not have the weight (with SS razors I guess the weight adds to the efficiency).

Also - for whatever reason - because the razor is light - i am afraid that I will damage the threads by over tightening. I feel the threads are not as strong on aluminum as they are on SS.

Thanks guys !!

7 377
 12-17-2017, 08:32 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
I have the Guerrilla SS, Aluminum, and OC Aluminum.  There is a difference between the SS and Aluminum.  Probably my technique, I get a more consistently good shave with the SS.  Technique might be more important with lighter razors.  I have only used Med Preps or Wilkinson  Swords - the Med Preps did seem better. The Aluminum OC seems harder to master compared to my Charcoal Goods Brass Lvl 1 OC.

The Aluminum may need more gentle care including the threads and anodized finish.  Wolfman's 2nd cousin must be a lawyer as there was a durability disclaimer on the aluminum razors.

9 687
 12-18-2017, 08:06 PM
User Info
(12-17-2017, 08:32 PM)SCOV Wrote: I have the Guerrilla SS, Aluminum, and OC Aluminum.  There is a difference between the SS and Aluminum.  Probably my technique, I get a more consistently good shave with the SS.  Technique might be more important with lighter razors.  I have only used Med Preps or Wilkinson  Swords - the Med Preps did seem better. The Aluminum OC seems harder to master compared to my Charcoal Goods Brass Lvl 1 OC.

The Aluminum may need more gentle care including the threads and anodized finish.  Wolfman's 2nd cousin must be a lawyer as there was a durability disclaimer on the aluminum razors.

Wow - really - a durability disclaimer? I did not see one..
What kind of care? I really really really loved my first shave with it....I mean really loved it....

7 377
 12-18-2017, 08:41 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Wolfman's website no longer shows the Guerrilla razors.  On the aluminum models, I recall comments like SS is more durable and better choice for a lifetime razor, etc.   The "disclaimer" was fairly strong and favored the SS model.  After reading, I promptly purchased the aluminum Aqua Blue and OC Fiery Red.  

My knowledge of razor care is minimal.  However, I understand on polished razors, a soft cloth and very mild soap is recommended over a tooth brush and stronger cleaning agents.  I assumed plated or anodized razors would also need more tender care.  I have no comments regarding dropping the razor multiple times..

Sounds like we are both very pleased with our purchase !!

9 687