12-23-2017, 07:39 PM
User Info
Has anyone ordered, received, and used a Rockwell Model T razor?

I know there are other threads on the Model T, but according to their site they've been shipping since about May and I don't recall any review threads on them.

Curious if anyone's used one and what their opinions are about it.

0 450
 12-23-2017, 08:06 PM
User Info
(12-23-2017, 07:39 PM)Niemander Wrote: Has anyone ordered, received, and used a Rockwell Model T razor?

I know there are other threads on the Model T, but according to their site they've been shipping since about May and I don't recall any review threads on them.

No one has received one. Go to their website. Plenty of info why they are still not shipping.

1 231
 12-23-2017, 11:24 PM
User Info
Very long wait  Angry

0 95
 12-24-2017, 03:23 AM
User Info
Just a minor delay  Icon_popcorn

46 719
 12-24-2017, 06:22 AM
User Info
I bailed on the Indiegogo this Spring, when they determined portions of the internals would be zymac, they we quick to issue a refund. Real earnst and dedicated group at Rockwell, unfortunately, it looks like redesign and quality control issues are killing them.

For me, the slow motion rollercoaster of preorder anticipation and delays is just too distracting to be enjoyable. If they can produce a working stainless and brass razor, free of zymac, I will order one once available.

2 90
 12-24-2017, 09:02 AM
User Info
(12-23-2017, 08:06 PM)SteelyEdge Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 07:39 PM)Niemander Wrote: Has anyone ordered, received, and used a Rockwell Model T razor?

No one has received one. Go to their website. Plenty of info why they are still not shipping.

Doh - my bad.  Missed the tab with all that info.  Sheesh.  A6

Well, I hope they get their stuff together some day.

What intrigued me about the Model T was a stainless steel, adjustable, TTO design.  If however the do as others are noting and decide to use zymac as a base material I will probably pass.

That, and all their apparent QC issues sheds some fairly sizeable doubt in my mind that it'll be any time soon before we see a viable product ala what I was hoping.   

Bummer, because I think it was(is) a good concept.

0 450
 12-24-2017, 09:30 AM
User Info
(12-24-2017, 09:02 AM)Niemander Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 08:06 PM)SteelyEdge Wrote:

Doh - my bad.  Missed the tab with all that info.  Sheesh.  A6

Well, I hope they get their stuff together some day.

What intrigued me about the Model T was a stainless steel, adjustable, TTO design.  If however the do as others are noting and decide to use zymac as a base material I will probably pass.

That, and all their apparent QC issues sheds some fairly sizeable doubt in my mind that it'll be any time soon before we see a viable product ala what I was hoping.   

Bummer, because I think it was(is) a good concept.
No worries amigo. I pulled out of their campaign and got my refund months ago. I was in it for the all SS version that was potentially proposed, but once that fell through, Zamak & Brass for a TTO did not appeal to me. Although I have a TTO that is made of said material, the Merkur Vision that has performed beautifully for me. It has been at the expense of high maintenance and care. But I do wish them luck and success with this project.

1 231
 12-24-2017, 10:05 AM
  • Nero
  • No Waxation Without Representation
  • Lanolin-Free or Die
User Info
What I will say is they are positively emphatic that they will not send out anything but perfection. And they will refund to anyone who asks to be taken out.
That said, I will still wait till they are shipping (and reviewed) before placing my order.

82 3,443
 12-24-2017, 10:50 AM
User Info
At this point, I feel bad for the folks over at Rockwell. I own the 6S and have been super pleased with it. They’re good people based on my experience. I feel like they should have spent time and energy focusing on an improved V2 of the 6S which many of us would have jumped all over. An improved/redesigned 6S in additional materials such as bronze and copper would have definitely appealed to shavers like myself. They could have also easily focused on making other types of razors like a Gem or AC with adjustable/swappable plates. That would have worked for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 28
 12-25-2017, 03:06 PM
User Info
I have the 6S and the 2C, both great razors. In fact, when I received my 2C, the plate had a nasty burr. I contacted them to send it back and get a replacement. Gareth simply sent me a new one no charge immediately.

I am waiting for a Model T and frustrated as most are. I will wait a bit longer. They obviously stepped in dog and are scrambling to get them out.

Give them a break...I feel their intentions are to deliver a great piece. It’s a shame it’s taking so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 441
 12-26-2017, 10:03 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I didn't back up their project, I always want to see the final product before pulling the trigger. But I have to say that I believe it will deserve the wait. So far I'm extremely satisfied with the 6S model. I have exchanged a couple of emails with them in the past regarding their razors and potential differences between the ss and the zamak model. They replied promptly. Communication is the key to a successful business.

58 2,338
 12-26-2017, 10:41 AM
User Info
Like Nikos on the above post, I was a kickstarter funder and remain one to this day. I will not back out unless they decide to pack it all in and send all our money back.
I have razors galore to use and waiting is not going to make me grow an unawanted beard.
Rockwell is a reputable company that has come out on top with customer satisfaction in the past and I think they will continue caring. Form speaking to Kirk, they have a Gem razor on the drawing board as well.

0 448
 04-01-2018, 09:34 AM
  • jtmke
  • Ex shaving hater
  • milwaukee
User Info
I am and will continue to wait. I only wish they’d make the updates on the days they picked. They missed the last by a day and the most recent date has come and gone and they are still to post. It’s been a year and a half I believe since I backed the project so waiting this long already I see no need to stop until I get a razor out of the deal.

9 463
 04-01-2018, 10:02 AM
User Info
Gentlemen, the Rockwell and Indiegogo websites indicate the Model T is still in crowdfunding, with delivery expected to begin in May 2018.

TSN rules prohibit discussion of items in crowdfunding.  Accordingly, we will close this thread.  When the Model T becomes available to the public, it can be freely discussed.

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=44839

53 8,215