06-30-2018, 12:57 PM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Co-Owner, Brad Sears ShaveWorks
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
Good afternoon, Gentlmen.  

We just finished adding 12 new Morris & Forndran brushes to our ReadyMade Collection.  They include several of the just-introduced 2XXL's--bigger brothers to the ever-popular 2XL--an amazing 28mm Alternative Ivory Polo, a gorgeous 30mm CHS, and passel of L7's .  

This is the largest group of new M&F brushes we've added to date. You can see them all at http://bit.ly/ReadyMadeBrushes

[Image: jMmFXKt.jpg]

[Image: yMXzCQy.jpg]

[Image: WsVOFra.jpg]

Best wishes for a great weekend!

4 779
 06-30-2018, 04:02 PM
User Info
Looks like that link is busted Brad. This one should do it: https://www.bradsearsshaveworks.com/coll.../readymade

29 1,567
 06-30-2018, 05:26 PM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
(06-30-2018, 04:02 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: Looks like that link is busted Brad. This one should do it: https://www.bradsearsshaveworks.com/coll.../readymade

Thanks much, Mike.  I just corrected the shortlink above.  Sorry about that.  Long week....

4 779
 07-01-2018, 10:19 AM
User Info
CHS is simply terrific   A47

8 1,859
 07-04-2018, 08:41 AM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
2013 M&F Paladin 26 Tortoise Chief with a Brad Sears 1804A2F knot

In the past, I would not have considered altering an M&F especially an LE issue. What I did was sell off the ones I didn't like either because of size or I didn't like the knot. But with so many being made and available today I had no issue in improving this brush the B&B LE Chief (Ken's design) and Lee's knot (for me beyond scritch).

I had no intention of selling the Chief 26 but wanted to improve this brush with a knot I liked when one came along. Well, I found such a knot in Bred Sears select 1804A2F. This knot has soft medium backbone with the softest of tips. Thank you Brad.

[Image: 7wbusLp.jpg]
Photo: Vivian Mier

54 662
 07-06-2018, 12:39 PM
User Info
(06-30-2018, 05:26 PM)BSWoodturning Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 04:02 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: Looks like that link is busted Brad. This one should do it: https://www.bradsearsshaveworks.com/coll.../readymade

Thanks much, Mike.  I just corrected the shortlink above.  Sorry about that.  Long week....

Question for Brad,

Are the Blonde Badger knots for he custom M&F brushed ever coming back?

Thank

2 344
 07-06-2018, 03:28 PM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
(07-06-2018, 12:39 PM)Pfirnett Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 05:26 PM)BSWoodturning Wrote:

Question for Brad,

Are the Blonde Badger knots for he custom M&F brushed ever coming back?

Thank

I don't know.  Lee tells me the last two batches of Finest hair are very close to the Blonde, but that's all I can say.

4 779
 07-07-2018, 06:20 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
Gentlemen:

For your consideration, we proudly offer the First Edition of our new Pug, the clever and charming face lathering brush, hand-crafted in col.849/TM Alternative Ivory, filled with Morris & Forndran's latest batch of Finest badger along with a dramatic 30mm Tiger/Ebony S7 filled with our 1801A2B badger.  

Classic elegance.  Matchless quality.  

You can see more at http://bit.ly/ReadyMadeBrushes

[Image: nqSiRX9.jpg]

[Image: vHEPbrD.jpg]

Best wishes for a restful weekend.

4 779
 07-21-2018, 09:44 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
Walk on the Wild Side 2018 Edition. 

Shown below are three custom BSSW brushes on their way to their new homes: A Super Badger Archuke II in Porcelain with a Zebra ring, a Select Badger Barrister in Leopard with an American Butterscotch ferrule, and...introducing our Rooney-style 28mm Beehive in Cream Alpolina (think "Albino Zebra" ?) filled with Select Badger. 

May we create one for you? http://bit.ly/CustomBSSW/

[Image: o8NTwnz.jpg]

[Image: KU93wbM.jpg]

[Image: dBZbwlc.jpg]

4 779
 07-21-2018, 12:37 PM
User Info
Those are some nice looking brushes!

32 905
 07-21-2018, 01:40 PM
User Info
 07-21-2018, 03:27 PM
User Info
Brad, those are WOW worthy brushes. I really like the stark (almost medicinal) contrast of the porcelain/zebra combo. To my eye ivory wouldn't have done it as it's not as intense a white. The beehive rings at right angle to the alpolina stripes is a really interesting presentation. I do NOT need this level of temptation Wink .

Dave

1 138
 07-21-2018, 10:03 PM
User Info
(07-21-2018, 03:27 PM)barbe-rouge Wrote: Brad, those are WOW worthy brushes. I really like the stark (almost medicinal) contrast of the porcelain/zebra combo. To my eye ivory wouldn't have done it as it's not as intense a white. The beehive rings at right angle to the alpolina stripes is a really interesting presentation. I do NOT need this level of temptation Wink .

Dave

Tell me about it. I've had my eye on a ready made brush for weeks now. I might succumb.

32 905
 07-22-2018, 02:32 AM
User Info
Outstanding work Brad  Smile6

8 1,859
 07-25-2018, 04:41 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
(07-21-2018, 10:03 PM)kooshman7 Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 03:27 PM)barbe-rouge Wrote: Brad, those are WOW worthy brushes. I really like the stark (almost medicinal) contrast of the porcelain/zebra combo. To my eye ivory wouldn't have done it as it's not as intense a white. The beehive rings at right angle to the alpolina stripes is a really interesting presentation. I do NOT need this level of temptation Wink .

Dave

Tell me about it. I've had my eye on a ready made brush for weeks now. I might succumb.

I appreciate everyone's kind words about these brushes--especially about the Beehive.  I was a little hesitant about making an almost direct copy of Rooney's Beehive, but since they seem to be pretty much out of the picture, I felt it was worth the attempt, if only as a skill-building exercise.  As many of us know, the old Rooneys were smaller 20-24mm brushes; so re-designing the Beehive to accommodate a 28mm knot proved more of a challenge than first expected.  (Not that my rapidly encroaching senility had anything to do with it.  Undecided )  After the design work was done, turning the overall profile was fairly easy.  The second-largest challenge comes in spacing the rings correctly, then "rolling" them to proportionate sizes while keeping each one correctly spaced.  The biggest challenge, interestingly, is sanding and polishing the little (< 1mm wide) grooves between the rings without destroying the symmetry of the surrounding rings.  It is slow, painstaking, and above all patient work.  But at the end, it's immensely satisfying.  

Now to let the cat out the bag, I ended-up making two Beehives (that didn't end-up in the trash!)  The handle of the one shown (above) is 50mm tall x 42mm (max.) diameter (I call it the "Mod. 1".)  I show it alongside the other (below), which I call the "Mod. 2." The Mod. 2 is marginally larger at 53mm tall x 45mm diameter.  I'm not sure which one I prefer as both feel surprisingly good in the hand; so I decided to offer both in BSSW and M&F versions.  You can see and read more here and here

[Image: iv1lrg4.jpg]

4 779
 07-26-2018, 07:21 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
Good morning, Gentlemen:

The First Edition Pug is back.

Backstory: As some of us might remember, we introduced Pug a few weeks back; but as is sometimes the case, within an hour one of our long-time patrons emailed asking if a multi-resin version was possible. As you know, we've made many multi-resin brushes in the past, but never on so small a handle. So not knowing if we could pull it off, we nevertheless removed Pug from the market to use him as a pattern for the fine machining required. I'm delighted (relieved?) to report, "Mission Accomplished" as you can see from the second photo.

With that behind us, we are happy to re-introduce the charming (and clever!) First Edition Pug to our ReadyMade Collection here

P.S. Pug is also available for custom order in our Custom Morris & Forndran Collection here.

[Image: g629A9X.jpg]

[Image: wSa7HRV.jpg]

Enjoy!

4 779
 07-31-2018, 12:33 PM
  • Eskimo
  • Artisan &amp; Custom Shaving Equipment
User Info
Excellent work, Brad

4 437
 08-02-2018, 05:44 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
(07-31-2018, 12:33 PM)Eskimo Wrote: Excellent work, Brad

Nancy & I appreciate your kind words, Bob.

4 779
 08-02-2018, 05:46 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
For Your Consideration, we are offering this extremely rare clear plastic Morris & Forndran 2XL Finest Badger shaving brush with silver-enameled socket at a deeply discounted price.  You can see more via this link

[Image: 857pVLb.jpg]

[Image: azluxmC.jpg]

Any questions?  Please ask.  We appreciate your consideration.

4 779
 08-02-2018, 05:52 AM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Sold out faster than Wolfman's.

9 687