02-26-2018, 07:38 PM
User Info
Both of those M&F knots look quite splendid indeed!

31 878
 03-16-2018, 05:03 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Co-Owner, Brad Sears ShaveWorks
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
Good morning, Gentlemen. For your consideration, we've added several new brushes to our ReadyMade collection: Three Morris & Forndran Polos and a BSSW Chichester all available for immediate delivery. Check them out and, if you'd like something else, just ask!

A 26mm Super Badger Polo in Lime
[Image: SmOwM4h.jpg]

A 26mm Finest Badger Polo in Butterscotch
[Image: vmWmoQp.jpg]

Another 26mm Finest Badger Polo in Jade
[Image: s8bxSpy.jpg]

And a 26mm Special Badger Chichester in Lapis Lazulli
[Image: sqP0Esk.jpg]

Best wishes for a great weekend!

4 752
 03-16-2018, 06:37 AM
User Info
A couple of those Super knots look outstanding!

11 1,805
 03-19-2018, 02:07 PM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
Sold early this morning.  Question:  Should I make another?

Occasionally, I like to really push the envelope just to see how far it will stretch. 

That was the case with this 22mm Adams.  It's the result of a skill-building project I recently undertook after finishing a batch of special orders.  The objective was to create a main handle body in Porcelain resin fitted with a Tortoiseshell collar then to fit a Tortoiseshell ring at the base with another, very thin (~1mm thick) piece of Porcelain resin at the very bottom.  After polishing to a gem-like finish (and taking a very deep breath!), this unique brush was then imprinted with our logo and provenance, and filled with our 2-band 1704B2F Silvertip Badger.

On a personal note, forming seamless joints on 28-30mm brushes by hand is challenging enough; but doing it on a small 22-24mm handle is challenging in the extreme.  It's going to be tough to see this little guy go.

Anyway, you can see this redoubtable Adams, along with others, in our ReadyMade Collection

[Image: weov6va.jpg]

[Image: 5PsQ9jb.jpg]

[Image: 1DQDMN7.jpg]

Enjoy!

4 752
 03-19-2018, 03:01 PM
User Info
Brad, that is one beautiful brush!

0 15
 03-19-2018, 06:25 PM
User Info
Excellent work.

19 222
 03-25-2018, 03:17 AM
User Info
Yes, you should make another. A spectacular looking brush.

0 12
 03-31-2018, 01:37 PM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
A new release of Morris & Forndran brushes coming Monday around 9:00AM ET to Brad Sears ShaveWorks

4 752
 04-02-2018, 05:20 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
Good morning, All!

We just released several new ReadyMade Morris & Forndran brushes. Among them are a 2XL Finest Fan in Lime, a 26mm L7 Finest in col.849/TM Alternative Ivory, and a very rare 2XL Super Badger in Tortoiseshell. You can see more details about these and other fine brushes ready for immediate delivery in our ReadyMade Collection

[Image: ded5t6g.jpg]

[Image: nVwi6TW.jpg]

[Image: hx2AOv4.jpg]

Best wishes for a great week!

4 752
 04-02-2018, 10:32 AM
User Info
Absolutely excellent group of brushes.

19 222
 04-03-2018, 06:38 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
One of our Claims to Fame (as it were) is our ability to accommodate Special Requests.  Because we create our brushes by hand on a manual wood lathe, we have the ability to alter a handle design--for example, making it larger or thicker, as one patron with extra-large hands recently asked us to make him a 2XL brush with a 3XL handle.

Obviously, there are practical limits; but if you have something in mind, please let us know and we'll do our best to make your dream a reality.

4 752
 04-07-2018, 01:58 AM
User Info
Brad, such a shame that you don't ship to Europe - for obvious reasons that I understand.
That Lime M&F brush is screaming my name.

1 15
 04-07-2018, 04:46 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
(04-07-2018, 01:58 AM)ChrisVanMeer Wrote: Brad, such a shame that you don't ship to Europe - for obvious reasons that I understand.
That Lime M&F brush is screaming my name.

Thanks for your kind words, Chris.  We appreciate your understanding.  It frustrates us as well.  Of course, understanding and frustration don't get you a brush.  We do offer some thoughts on our FAQ page  that might be helpful as we attempt to work through the issues hampering our ability to provide service to the international community.

4 752
 04-07-2018, 08:35 AM
User Info
(03-19-2018, 02:07 PM)BSWoodturning Wrote: Sold early this morning.  Question:  Should I make another?

Occasionally, I like to really push the envelope just to see how far it will stretch. 

That was the case with this 22mm Adams.  It's the result of a skill-building project I recently undertook after finishing a batch of special orders.  The objective was to create a main handle body in Porcelain resin fitted with a Tortoiseshell collar then to fit a Tortoiseshell ring at the base with another, very thin (~1mm thick) piece of Porcelain resin at the very bottom.  After polishing to a gem-like finish (and taking a very deep breath!), this unique brush was then imprinted with our logo and provenance, and filled with our 2-band 1704B2F Silvertip Badger.

On a personal note, forming seamless joints on 28-30mm brushes by hand is challenging enough; but doing it on a small 22-24mm handle is challenging in the extreme.  It's going to be tough to see this little guy go.

Anyway, you can see this redoubtable Adams, along with others, in our ReadyMade Collection

Enjoy!

Brad, I realize I'm more than late to this dance, but my vote is for another! I think it would also be very effective in Briar and Alpolina.
Dave

1 129
 04-09-2018, 06:45 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
(04-07-2018, 08:35 AM)barbe-rouge Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 02:07 PM)BSWoodturning Wrote: Sold early this morning.  Question:  Should I make another?

Enjoy!

Brad, I realize I'm more than late to this dance, but my vote is for another! I think it would also be very effective in Briar and Alpolina.
Dave

Thanks for your kind words, Dave.  Alpolina with Briar accents sounds intriguing (and you know what tends to happen when a project intrigues me!  Biggrin )  Things have been a little busy of late; but I do want to make a few more Adams and Barrister brushes at the very least.

Take care,

4 752
 04-14-2018, 10:51 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
Continuing our April releases, we just added a group of new Morris & Forndran brushes (along with one very lightly used Passionate Pink L7) to our ReadyMade Collection. A brief look at some....

A 2XL Finest Bulb in Disco
[Image: aLK25kS.jpg]

A 26mm L7 Finest Bulb in Lime
[Image: sZJrOS1.jpg]

Another 2XL Finest Bulb in Briarwood
[Image: l3FX6si.jpg]

And a Lightly Used L7 Finest in Passionate Pink
[Image: 4hyJLfe.jpg]

Best wishes for a good weekend!

4 752
 04-16-2018, 07:01 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
This Wanderer is a "Last-of-its-Kind" brush. Hand-crafted in one of our last two pieces of Bazooka resin, this brush is a customer cancellation filled with our 3-Band Special Badger.  Details of this brush can be seen in our ReadyMade Collection.

[Image: eamYBFj.jpg]

4 752
 04-24-2018, 09:56 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
Two Select Badger S8 brushes just added to our ReadyMade Collection.  Enjoy!

In Lime Resin
[Image: b8fASql.jpg]

In Amber resin
[Image: lOZJRjh.jpg]

4 752
 04-24-2018, 11:41 AM
User Info
beautiful brushes Brad!

1 183
 05-19-2018, 08:25 AM
  • BSWoodturning
  • Maryland Eastern Shore
User Info
We just added two Finest Badger Morris & Forndran 2XL brushes with hand-crafted Lapis Lazuli resin handles our ReadyMade Collection.  Lapis Lazuli is a semi-precious metamorphic rock that's been prized since antiquity for its intense blue color and shimmering gold highlights.  Our Lapis Lazuli resin faithfully reproduces the deep blue and startling golds of this much-prized stone as the light strikes the handle from different angles.

[Image: cUAk2ci.jpg]

[Image: 02KXKXF.jpg]

Nancy and I hope everyone has a good weekend!

4 752