01-01-2018, 02:52 PM
User Info
I own an Above The Tie R-1 with an Atlas handle, and had the use of the Paradigm Ti for a week.  I saw a great deal of similarity between them.

The handles were quite different of course, and the Paradigm Ti was lighter in weight, but the appearances and the shaves were quite similar.

To me the Paradigm Ti was incrementally more aggressive than the ATT R-1, but less aggressive than the ATT H-1.

I have heard other shavers opine, that they find the ATT R-1 more aggressive than the Paradigm Ti.  

But I can shave against the grain more comfortably with the ATT than with the Paradigm Ti.

What do you think?  I'd like to hear your thoughts.  Thank you.

19 246
 01-01-2018, 03:28 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
This is probably an obsolete comparison. The new Paradigm Ti is et for release this month and the head has been revised (it will be the same head geometry as the paradigm 17-4). Just an FYI

46 18,810
 01-01-2018, 04:09 PM
User Info
(01-01-2018, 03:28 PM)bullgoose Wrote: This is probably an obsolete comparison. The new Paradigm Ti is et for release this month and the head has been revised (it will be the same head geometry as the paradigm 17-4). Just an FYI
Comparisons cannot become obsolete, only products can.  

And while the original Paradigm Titanium Razor may be out of production, it is by no means obsolete.  It's a Damn Fine Razor.

My comparison is between the original (now out of production) Paradigm Titanium Razor and the Above The Tie R-1 / H-1 Razor, not the new (and not yet available) one.

I have never tried the new Paradigm 17-4 Razor, but from what I've read, it has little to no blade feel, and I like a razor with both blade feel and audible feedback.  

So it's probably not for me.

I like the Blackbird, the Above The Tie R-1, and I liked the original Paradigm Titanium Razor.  I just couldn't afford it.  Perhaps that will change.  Till then....

19 246
 01-01-2018, 04:27 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(01-01-2018, 04:09 PM)Roy Otto Yor Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 03:28 PM)bullgoose Wrote: This is probably an obsolete comparison. The new Paradigm Ti is et for release this month and the head has been revised (it will be the same head geometry as the paradigm 17-4). Just an FYI
Comparisons cannot become obsolete, only products can.  

And while the original Paradigm Titanium Razor may be out of production, it is by no means obsolete.  It's a Damn Fine Razor.

My comparison is between the original (now out of production) Paradigm Titanium Razor and the Above The Tie R-1 / H-1 Razor, not the new (and not yet available) one.

I have never tried the new Paradigm 17-4 Razor, but from what I've read, it has little to no blade feel, and I like a razor with both blade feel and audible feedback.  

So it's probably not for me.

I like the Blackbird, the Above The Tie R-1, and I liked the original Paradigm Titanium Razor.  I just couldn't afford it.  Perhaps that will change.  Till then....

OK...perhaps not obsolete but not particularly helpful either since the original Paradigm is no longer available new and, only 50 total were made.

46 18,810
 01-01-2018, 05:42 PM
User Info
I was hoping the original version was going to be offered again when you mentioned the Paradigm in titanium. Regardless, I will be keeping my eyes open for the newest offering.

As for the Paradigm 17-4, there is almost no blade feel, which I also really like, but plenty of audible feedback. It is the absolute best shaver I have ever used. I also have plenty of love for the Blackbird, the Sabre L2, and the ATT H plate.

10 184
 01-02-2018, 04:22 AM
User Info
Hi All — It is doubtful that the titanium will come back in identical configuration. I love the original ti, but for many, it was just a bit too aggressive. The new head design has probably 75% of the efficiency and is a much smoother shaver. However, as Paradigm grows, we should be able to offer both more and less aggressive models to accommodate individual taste. For now, the new head gets you a hassle free BBS, even for those with thick or wiry beards. The aesthetics are a bit more refined as well.

Hope that helps out.

Andy

0 73
 01-02-2018, 04:31 AM
User Info
(01-01-2018, 02:52 PM)Roy Otto Yor Wrote: I own an Above The Tie R-1 with an Atlas handle, and had the use of the Paradigm Ti for a week.  I saw a great deal of similarity between them.

The handles were quite different of course, and the Paradigm Ti was lighter in weight, but the appearances and the shaves were quite similar.

To me the Paradigm Ti was incrementally more aggressive than the ATT R-1, but less aggressive than the ATT H-1.

I have heard other shavers opine, that they find the ATT R-1 more aggressive than the Paradigm Ti.  

But I can shave against the grain more comfortably with the ATT than with the Paradigm Ti.

What do you think?  I'd like to hear your thoughts.  Thank you.

People with palindromic screen names like blade feel, from what I've heard. :-) hehe That blade is indeed locked down pretty tight, but brother, it SHAVES.

0 73
 01-02-2018, 09:38 PM
User Info
(01-02-2018, 04:22 AM)Paradigm Shaveware Wrote: Hi All — It is doubtful that the titanium will come back in identical configuration. I love the original ti, but for many, it was just a bit too aggressive. The new head design has probably 75% of the efficiency and is a much smoother shaver. However, as Paradigm grows, we should be able to offer both more and less aggressive models to accommodate individual taste. For now, the new head gets you a hassle free BBS, even for those with thick or wiry beards. The aesthetics are a bit more refined as well.

Hope that helps out.

Andy

Hi Andy!

I believe you are involved with Paradigm razor?

Is that right?

And, I gather Phil is part of Bullgoose?

I'm definitely interested in the new Ti you're mentioning here, as I haven't any razor made in that material. I like heavy gear personally, but I'm sure I'd enjoy having one when they come out.

Any chance it will be polished?

Too early to forecast price and availability?

BTW, just received my 17-4 tonight.

I'm pretty stunned at it's elegant design and workmanship...

Will introduce it to some whiskas tomorrow.

Thinking about a Waterford crystal candle holder for a stand...Wink

Also read through a thread on the roller coaster ride the shipper put you on getting it to you!

Will post post-shave comments of course.

Again, thank you for this gem.

0 9
 01-02-2018, 10:39 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
Hey Donald (and Andy)! I'm two days in with the Paradigm 17-4, which is an amazingly efficient tool without much blade feel. I love the razor, but would really like a bit more blade forwardness. Offering the aggressive Ti head in stainless in the 17-4 "format" would be an easy purchase for me.

6 402
 01-03-2018, 05:04 AM
User Info
(01-02-2018, 09:38 PM)Razordude Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 04:22 AM)Paradigm Shaveware Wrote: Hi All — It is doubtful that the titanium will come back in identical configuration. I love the original ti, but for many, it was just a bit too aggressive. The new head design has probably 75% of the efficiency and is a much smoother shaver. However, as Paradigm grows, we should be able to offer both more and less aggressive models to accommodate individual taste. For now, the new head gets you a hassle free BBS, even for those with thick or wiry beards. The aesthetics are a bit more refined as well.

Hope that helps out.

Andy

Hi Andy!

I believe you are involved with Paradigm razor?

Is that right?

And, I gather Phil is part of Bullgoose?

I'm definitely interested in the new Ti you're mentioning here, as I haven't any razor made in that material. I like heavy gear personally, but I'm sure I'd enjoy having one when they come out.

Any chance it will be polished?

Too early to forecast price and availability?

BTW, just received my 17-4 tonight.

I'm pretty stunned at it's elegant design and workmanship...

Will introduce it to some whiskas tomorrow.

Thinking about a Waterford crystal candle holder for a stand...Wink

Also read through a thread on the roller coaster ride the shipper put you on getting it to you!

Will post post-shave comments of course.

Again, thank you for this gem.

Yes, I'm the designer and manufacturer, Phil retails them. The ti will be polished, insofar as one can polish titanium. It doesn't take that great a mirror finish.

0 73
 01-11-2018, 10:29 AM
User Info
Per your suggestion, I popped in a new PolSilver blade today, and got a very smooth shave with the 17-4.

Your design, and the quality with which this razor is made, is really special.

I'm really glad I made the decision to go for one!

We'll see how other blades perform as well.

Thanks again, Andy!

Thanks to you to Phil!

0 9
 01-11-2018, 10:57 AM
User Info
(01-11-2018, 10:29 AM)Razordude Wrote: Per your suggestion, I popped in a new PolSilver blade today, and got a very smooth shave with the 17-4.

Thanks again, Andy!

Thanks to you to Phil!

Sincerely glad the razor is working out for you. The ti razors are at the polisher, and he thinks he's going to be able to get a really bright finish on them. So that's good.

0 73
 01-11-2018, 02:30 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
(01-11-2018, 10:57 AM)Paradigm Shaveware Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 10:29 AM)Razordude Wrote: Per your suggestion, I popped in a new PolSilver blade today, and got a very smooth shave with the 17-4.

Thanks again, Andy!

Thanks to you to Phil!

Sincerely glad the razor is working out for you. The ti razors are at the polisher, and he thinks he's going to be able to get a really bright finish on them. So that's good.
A few questions, was there any changes in this new batch from the original? Could you please give an eta on when the Ti's will be available? Roughly how many will be available and will the price be the same as the first offering? Thanks

52 502
 01-11-2018, 07:48 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info