Poll: Whats your favorite Rose shaving cream?
Geo F Trumper Rose
Truefitt and Hill Rose Cyril R Salter Wild Rose D.R. Harris Rose Taylor of Old Bond Street Rose Vulfix English Rose eshave Floral
 01-03-2019, 01:34 AM
User Info
I like this one. Technically rose hip and the rose scent is subtle, but I really see a difference in my skin when I use it 

Moderator Note:  Link to website not affiliated with TSN removed.

0 1
 01-03-2019, 07:12 AM
  • Nero
User Info
AOS is best.
Coates is also very very good and much cheaper.

Both are discontinued...go figure!

88 3,712
 01-03-2019, 07:42 AM
User Info
There are French rose soaps that are better, but the question was about British creams.  The T&H scent works best for me.  Not too floral and does does not paint your brushes pink.

28 184
 01-03-2019, 12:37 PM
User Info
D.R. Harris here! As a side note, Soap Commander put out a special edition rose soap last year, and it smelled exactly like freshly cut roses from a high end florist...magnificent!

Vr

Matt

21 1,238
 01-03-2019, 06:42 PM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
 01-04-2019, 07:19 AM
User Info
D.R. Harris has always been the best performer for me but the Cyril R. Salter scent is wonderful.

Best regards, Paul

0 191
 01-19-2019, 03:16 PM
User Info
I've tried Cyril Salter, TOBS, Trumper and T&H rose creams...

For me TOBS is the best value, good performance with easily the most floral and feminine scent of them all but I'm fine with that as it's not too synthetic.

Next up would be Trumpers which seemed more concentrated than the TOBS but that could be psychological due to the intense pink colour? Definitely slicker in the performance stakes, great natural rose scent just like sniffing a flower in the garden... It is better than TOBS but costs twice the price.

Tied for third place are Salter and T&H. If I had to pick one over the other it would be Salters for both performance and scent... Very good slickness and more of a geranium scent to my nose, as for T&H I found it overly cushioned, lacking slickness with a very green/stem and unfortunately synthetic rose scent.... A very poor show and no great loss they discontinued it IMO.

There are others of course, Harris, Vulfix and Simpsons all have rose creams, not to mention Rose of Bulgaria... Though I'm yet to try any of these.

0 95