01-08-2018, 02:23 PM
User Info
So I'm sure some of you out there have made the same mistake I did months ago , I sold a razor I thought I would never sell (Paradigm Titanium) . I got to a point with the razor where I guess you could say it lost its luster in terms of having it not the shave . I started to get into brushes pretty heavy and I needed to free up some funds for other purchases and up it went for sale . When it first sold it didn't bother me but immediately after shipping it I had a knot in my stomach because I knew I had made a gigantic mistake . Being that there were only 49 ever made I knew my chances of finding another would be very unlikely . I even went as far as contacting the buyer and he would not sell it back to me . Now bare in mind when I first went on the hunt for this razor I sold my Wolfman to get it . Fast forward months down the road I happen to get on Wolfman web site and low and behold I was lucky enough to score one . I received the razor and of course it was awesome , not two days after owning the Wolfman the gentleman I sold the Paradigm to offered the Paradigm for the Wolfman . At first I was very hesitant but I thought long and hard and knew I needed to make the trade . In the end this razor has cost me two Wolfmans lol but to me it's totally worth it . The Paradigm Ti is my all time favorite razor and I will not be letting it go again . If you have ever sold a piece of hardware and were able to get it back I would love to hear the story .

20 320
 01-08-2018, 02:55 PM
User Info
Glad it worked out!  I had the opportunity to shave with the Paradigm Ti and liked it alot.  Have never had the chance to shave with a Wolfman.  I have been whittling down my gear for the last year and have yet to stumble on any regret...fingers crossed.

22 1,921
 01-08-2018, 03:00 PM
  • Puma
  • Central Jersey
User Info
Nothing shaving related, but I had to sell this bike for financial reasons after owning it for less than a year. There were only about a thousand made with this paint. I hope someday my finances are good enough to get something similar.[Image: ctKam5Y.jpg]

4 307
 01-08-2018, 03:20 PM
User Info
I'm happy it worked out for you.  The Paradigm Ti is a rare piece.  The upcoming Paradigm Ti will have the same head as the ss 17-4, so your Ti will remain rare.

51 6,628
 01-08-2018, 05:16 PM
User Info
This has been my story with watch collecting. Oftentimes you don't know what you've got until it's gone. Glad things worked out for you in the end.

164 1,046
 01-08-2018, 05:23 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(01-08-2018, 05:16 PM)nervosa1901 Wrote: This has been my story with watch collecting. Oftentimes you don't know what you've got until it's gone. Glad things worked out for you in the end.

This is why I’ve not yet sold or swapped any of my razors (or my railroad-grade pocket watches). I’m thinking about swapping my Wolfman for a Paradigm Ti, however, as the 17-4 is perfect except that it could be a bit more aggressive. We’ll see...

6 402
 01-08-2018, 06:30 PM
User Info
I saw a beautiful Aristocrat go for $350 the other day on ebay. Mine is far nicer, but I know the minute I sold it I would regret it. 

39 3,994
 01-09-2018, 02:58 PM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
Once upon a time, I sold MANY AoS tallow soaps, Sandalwood (~50) and Unscented (~50). And all my Lemon (~27) and Lavender (~13).
I was able to rebuy the Unscented and Sandalwood, but have not been able to do the same for Lemon and Lavender.

Once upon a time, I sold MANY Czech & Speake No. 88 full size pucks (~36) and travel size pucks (~30), plus both size anodized aluminum bowls.
I intend to replace them "all" give or take, but so far have only replaced the full size anodized aluminum bowl with the initial puck.

Once upon a time, I sold MANY Gillette Platinum blades (I believe just 700, but otherwise more).
I replaced them with 2,000.

62 3,090
 01-09-2018, 03:41 PM
User Info
I once bought a couple AC style single edge razors and a Feather blade sampler.  I tried for a couple weeks to like those razors, but I just couldn't get a decent shave with them.  So I said, "Screw it; I'm out of this platform".  And I sold the razors and blades for a song.  Months went by, and a friend suggested I try Schick Proline P blades.  He said they were the only AC blades he could get to work.  He lent me his RazoRock Hawk to try them in.  Bingo!  Loved it.

So I bought the same model razors (again) that I had sold at a steep discount just months earlier.  I'm glad I did, although they turned out to cost me about 160% of full retail all told.

Now I have an embarrassing number of AC style razors and love them all.  Redemption indeed.

1 22
 01-09-2018, 05:33 PM
User Info
I haven't sold anything except the Mamba. I am never going to sell any of the dozen or so, vintage gillettes that I have.

0 219
 01-10-2018, 08:44 PM
User Info
My biggest regret was selling off my Bob's Razor Works (BRW) Bull Mastiff handle. Less than a year into traditional shaving, I foolishly decided that it was "too heavy" for me, before discovering some months later that "heavy" is a relative concept. Now, of course, since Robert Smith a/k/a Cooncat Bob passed away -- it will be six years ago on April 5th -- that handle is irreplaceable.

[Image: cxmaNHMm.jpg]

My only redemption was that I did hang on to my BRW Improved Old Type handle.

[Image: vIfDoZum.jpg]

0 118