01-09-2018, 07:27 AM
User Info
I've been trying to estimate a date for a Kent V-8 size brush but not having much luck. I think I remember seeing Kent V-series brushes when I was living in Phoenix which would put it in the late sixties and when I contacted Kent one of the people said he remembered that the V-series was being made when he came to work with Kent in 1973 so I can set an earliest date in the late 1960s.  The good folk at Kent confirmed the stopped making the V-series in the 1990s but that still leaves a quarter century or more as the age.

I had hoped the logo on the brush might help narrow the window since it is not a logo with which I am familiar. Instead of a shield or crown or "By Appointment..." or "World's Finest" the logo is simply three men above KENT, Made in England and Pure Badger.

[Image: large.jpg]

I'm hoping someone will take one quick look at the logo and authoritatively declare "Oh yes, they used that logo on brushes made on Tuesdays in July of 1967."

0 199
 01-09-2018, 01:55 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I bet there is somebody that works at Kent that could give you an accurate answer.  But for the sake of fun I will spitball and guess that your brush was made in the 80s or 90s.  I base this on my understanding that brush makers were transitioning from Catalin to more modern resins in the early 90s.  Here is a cool video that might give a clue that would be worth pursuing. https://kentbrushes.com/blog/kent-brushes-remember/ (hint: check out the delivery truck)

151 2,839
 01-09-2018, 02:12 PM
User Info
(01-09-2018, 01:55 PM)blzrfn Wrote: I bet there is somebody that works at Kent that could give you an accurate answer.  But for the sake of fun I will spitball and guess that your brush was made in the 80s or 90s.  I base this on my understanding that brush makers were transitioning from Catalin to more modern resins in the early 90s.  Here is a cool video that might give a clue that would be worth pursuing. https://kentbrushes.com/blog/kent-brushes-remember/ (hint: check out the delivery truck)

I imagine there might be but unfortunately the folk I contacted at Kent didn't know who that might be. The truck is the same logo though.

0 199