01-14-2018, 01:12 PM
User Info
I like the finish and stud on the V2.

16 213
 01-14-2018, 01:31 PM
  • DLP
  • Missouri
User Info
Nice improvements on V2.  Really like the stud and the antique finish.  really looks nice.

3 542
 01-14-2018, 02:32 PM
User Info
I hope you make one to hold the artist club type razors also.

5 1,717
 01-14-2018, 03:33 PM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
(01-14-2018, 02:32 PM)shave/brush Wrote: I hope you make one to hold the artist club type razors also.

That's just like a straight razor? I do not have any Artist Club razors, but I do have a few straight razors. I may make some sheaths for those.

28 1,793
 01-14-2018, 05:24 PM
User Info
I like version 2 . The finish and the clasp .

23 362
 01-14-2018, 08:17 PM
User Info
Will you be able to offer the case in a couple different color leathers like brown, black and blue and both silver and brass snaps? Also when will you be taking orders for one?

0 216
 01-14-2018, 08:19 PM
User Info
(01-14-2018, 05:24 PM)DEdestroyer Wrote: I like version 2 . The finish and the clasp .

Signs011

25 325
 01-14-2018, 08:36 PM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
(01-14-2018, 08:17 PM)Wanderer66 Wrote: Will you be able to offer the case in a couple different color leathers like brown, black and blue and both silver and brass snaps? Also when will you be taking orders for one?

Right at the moment I have black, brown and antique finishes. I was not planning to do custom orders on these, but maybe I will. The dies are pretty expensive and I do not keep too many on hand. I may get some more colors of die in the future.

For closure hardware I have brass and nickel snaps and brass studs. Someone mentioned they prefer snaps. I have not seen nickel studs available, so not sure about that.

I am ready to take orders right now. I have just completed V2.1 in black with a brass stud. I will post some pictures tomorrow. This V2.1 is the best one yet, I think. Front panel has a lip which I wet formed to support the front edge of the razor head while the flap is wet formed to support the rear edge and cover the head when closed. Pictures will make it clear. It is a big improvement on the design. It really works well.

If you want to make an order go to my Etsy store at Love-Your-Shave.com and contact me there. I will create a custom order for you and we can go from there. I will be putting the black V2.1 into the store inventory as well. This one is worthy of being part of my inventory for sale.

Thank you all for the input!

--
Vladimir

28 1,793
 01-15-2018, 08:56 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
Here are the pictures of DE sheath V2.1 in black. Same materials as before. Minor changes are:

* Different shape of the front panel to create a lip for the front edge of the razor.

* Double layer to cover brass hardware on the inside now matches the shape of the front panel. In the previous version it went part way down and showed up as a line.

* More targeted wet forming to just form the front lip and the rear part of the flap to support the razor head. I thought the previous version had too much distortion from wet forming.

[Image: DNR0XDp.jpg]

[Image: P24fcdi.jpg]

[Image: ZOmsJnB.jpg]

[Image: qYOv93q.jpg]

[Image: ZXhqpgh.jpg]

[Image: pnQydcS.jpg]

[Image: fxxjnoY.jpg]

[Image: NVibmAa.jpg]

[Image: pufm2MI.jpg]

[Image: 6ROH5a0.jpg]

[Image: I2zAOaJ.jpg]

[Image: pkt2YE0.jpg]

[Image: mKOvBci.jpg]

28 1,793
 01-15-2018, 09:28 AM
User Info
I really like the latest version above and I like the stud but don't mind the snap. I've got a NEW Deluxe Big Boy I had gun coated in Satin Silver and Executive Grey which is a very dark Grey and it's a great shaver and I'd like to take it on business trips so I'd like it to match the razor... Yeah I'm a little OCD so a black with a nickel stud would be perfect but a nickel snap would be fine if the snaps aren't available. If I remember right I think the NEW Deluxe Big Boy and the Big Fellow have the same handle length so since that's the razor you tested it should work fine. If I go to your etsy store should I send a request for the case I mentioned? 

Nice brush handles BTW. 

Thanks

0 216
 01-15-2018, 09:45 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
(01-15-2018, 09:28 AM)Wanderer66 Wrote: I really like the latest version above and I like the stud but don't mind the snap. I've got a NEW Deluxe Big Boy I had gun coated in Satin Silver and Executive Grey which is a very dark Grey and it's a great shaver and I'd like to take it on business trips so I'd like it to match the razor... Yeah I'm a little OCD so a black with a nickel stud would be perfect but a nickel snap would be fine if the snaps aren't available. If I remember right I think the NEW Deluxe Big Boy and the Big Fellow have the same handle length so since that's the razor you tested it should work fine. If I go to your etsy store should I send a request for the case I mentioned? 

Nice brush handles BTW. 

Thanks

Thank you for the kind words. I believe Big boy and Big Fellow had the same handles, yes. I specifically tested with my Big Fellow because it has the longest handle of all my DEs. I imagine there are very few razors with longer handles. My Rockwell has a fairly long handle, but it's shorter than Big Fellow's. So I wanted to build a case that worked for just about any raozor save for the ones with a really super-fat handles.

As for variations, I do not have nickel studs and I have not seen them yet. I do have nickel snaps, though. I can definitely use those. I can also use black thread instead of white.

If you go to my Etsy store and click on the sheath and go into the listing, there should be a way to request a custom order from there. If not, PM me on Etsy or here and we can figure it out.

28 1,793
 01-18-2018, 11:40 AM
User Info
These look incredible. Nice work. If my in SIL didn't do leather work I'd grab a few.

4 49