01-19-2018, 04:22 PM
  • stan
  • USA
User Info
Have sent drawings to the machine shop. Aluminum Slant heads S1 & S2 and aluminum Open Comb H,R & M plates will be added to the Calypso line.
At ATT we are always trying to meet the needs of our customers. We had gotten a number of request for these additions. Thanks for the feed back.
Stan

0 356
 01-19-2018, 04:29 PM
User Info
Open comb aluminum.  That's pretty interesting.

What color will the aluminum slant base plates be?

12 254
 01-19-2018, 04:31 PM
User Info
Cough cough... titanium se...cough cough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 101
 01-20-2018, 02:49 AM
User Info
(01-19-2018, 04:22 PM)stan Wrote: Have sent drawings to the machine shop. Aluminum Slant heads S1 & S2 and aluminum Open Comb H,R & M plates will be added to the Calypso line.
At ATT we are always trying to meet the needs of our customers. We had gotten a number of request for these additions. Thanks for the feed back.
Stan

ATT has mastered stainless, polished stainless, bronze, AL and copper .... A Titanium offering would be the logical next move.  I'd prefer a DE ... perhaps a Windsor in the R, or an Atlas R Even a set - like you did in the Bronze would be cool.

polished, satin, or brushed ... I like polished, but all your finishes work great!

7 227
 01-20-2018, 07:59 AM
  • stan
  • USA
User Info
(01-20-2018, 02:49 AM)1981Eagle Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 04:22 PM)stan Wrote: Have sent drawings to the machine shop. Aluminum Slant heads S1 & S2 and aluminum Open Comb H,R & M plates will be added to the Calypso line.
Stan

ATT has mastered stainless, polished stainless, bronze, AL and copper .... A Titanium offering would be the logical next move.  I'd prefer a DE ... perhaps a Windsor in the R, or an Atlas R Even a set - like you did in the Bronze would be cool.

polished, satin, or brushed ... I like polished, but all your finishes work great!

Thanks for the kind words. Busy with the aluminum additions in the Calypso line now but there very well could be another metal or some other addition on the drawing board.

0 356
 01-20-2018, 08:04 AM
  • stan
  • USA
User Info
(01-19-2018, 04:29 PM)BrickHud Wrote: Open comb aluminum.  That's pretty interesting.

What color will the aluminum slant base plates be?

They will be the same blue as the current aluminum DE plates since it is using a standard DE blade. Different blade type different color. Thought that would reduce some confusion.

0 356
 02-06-2018, 09:47 PM
User Info
How about an aluminum SE2? Or just an aluminum SE2 plate?

The aluminum SE1 is outstanding, my favorite razor.

[Image: qqBc0mx.jpg]

8 949
 02-10-2018, 09:08 AM
User Info
Stan

I don't know about having "mastered" stainless, insofar as all three of the SS razors I have purchased from ATT over the years show tea stains under the cap after a few shaves.  But they are good razors, tea stains notwithstanding.

1 32
 02-10-2018, 11:01 AM
User Info
(02-10-2018, 09:08 AM)Taxidiotis Wrote:
Stan

I don't know about having "mastered" stainless, insofar as all three of the SS razors I have purchased from ATT over the years show tea stains under the cap after a few shaves.  But they are good razors, tea stains notwithstanding.

Sorry for a dumb question but what exactly are tea stains on a SS razor?

44 719
 02-10-2018, 01:17 PM
User Info
(02-10-2018, 11:01 AM)LuvWetShavin Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 09:08 AM)Taxidiotis Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 02:49 AM)1981Eagle Wrote: ATT has mastered stainless, polished stainless, bronze, AL and copper .... A Titanium offering would be the logical next move.  I'd prefer a DE ... perhaps a Windsor in the R, or an Atlas R Even a set - like you did in the Bronze would be cool.

They kind of look like little rust spots. I always thought it was because of the blade being left on the razor to air dry and had nothing to do with the quality of the razor itself. Usually able to clean off with just a little effort.

0 101
 02-10-2018, 04:47 PM
User Info
(02-10-2018, 01:17 PM)vinnychampionmd Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 11:01 AM)LuvWetShavin Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 09:08 AM)Taxidiotis Wrote: I don't know about having "mastered" stainless, insofar as all three of the SS razors I have purchased from ATT over the years show tea stains under the cap after a few shaves.  But they are good razors, tea stains notwithstanding.

They kind of look like little rust spots. I always thought it was because of the blade being left on the razor to air dry and had nothing to do with the quality of the razor itself. Usually able to clean off with just a little effort.

I think it's important to remember what 'stainless' really means too!  All steels, including stainless, can discolor and even rust.  They don't call it 'stain-impossible' after all!  Stainless steel should be remembered to be 'stain less' (as in 'less than other steels')
Tea stains on stainless can also sometimes also occur if microscopic amounts of the cutting tool embed themselves in the machining process.  If the cutting bits are not using carbide inserts, they are usually high speed steel.  HS Steel can, and does, rust.  It is the same if you rub a stainless bar with non-stainless steel wool.  Tiny bits of the carbon steel can embed in the stainless and then rust ... and then the stainless appears to be rusting.

7 227
 02-10-2018, 04:51 PM
User Info
(02-10-2018, 04:47 PM)1981Eagle Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 01:17 PM)vinnychampionmd Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 11:01 AM)LuvWetShavin Wrote: Sorry for a dumb question but what exactly are tea stains on a SS razor?

I think it's important to remember what 'stainless' really means too!  All steels, including stainless, can discolor and even rust.  They don't call it 'stain-impossible' after all!  Stainless steel should be remembered to be 'stain less' (as in 'less than other steels')
Tea stains on stainless can also sometimes also occur if microscopic amounts of the cutting tool embed themselves in the machining process.  If the cutting bits are not using carbide inserts, they are usually high speed steel.  HS Steel can, and does, rust.  It is the same if you rub a stainless bar with non-stainless steel wool.  Tiny bits of the carbon steel can embed in the stainless and then rust ... and then the stainless appears to be rusting.

This is interesting.  Thank you for explaining this.

53 7,803