02-12-2018, 11:23 AM
User Info
(02-12-2018, 11:18 AM)jazzman Wrote: Depending on Mail Class this is not unusual. First Class,  Ground-OTR (Over The Road) is is trackable with certain services and updated upon acceptance and scanning and after that updates after delivery. Priority Mail is trackable with many updates showing progress until final delivery. USPS tracking can be not as responsive as other carriers, this I admit. But I can still think of no instance that would cause the delays many of your customers are reporting.

It has always reflected poorly on USPS when people blamed us for delays and I remember about 5 years ago the powers that be weighing the option of not dating/time stamping Pre-Paid labels until sorting and scanning at the P.O.

Is it unreasonable to expect a status update within the hour after dropping off at a kiosk or counter if they have given me a receipt? I'm not sure what is reasonable. My currently delivery is schedule (Tuesdays & Fridays) is admittedly the issue for most folks.

I'm all ears, I seriously am.

0 4
 02-12-2018, 12:02 PM
User Info
(02-12-2018, 11:23 AM)vidaperezv Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 11:18 AM)jazzman Wrote: Depending on Mail Class this is not unusual. First Class,  Ground-OTR (Over The Road) is is trackable with certain services and updated upon acceptance and scanning and after that updates after delivery. Priority Mail is trackable with many updates showing progress until final delivery. USPS tracking can be not as responsive as other carriers, this I admit. But I can still think of no instance that would cause the delays many of your customers are reporting.

It has always reflected poorly on USPS when people blamed us for delays and I remember about 5 years ago the powers that be weighing the option of not dating/time stamping Pre-Paid labels until sorting and scanning at the P.O.

Is it unreasonable to expect a status update within the hour after dropping off at a kiosk or counter if they have given me a receipt? I'm not sure what is reasonable. My currently delivery is schedule (Tuesdays & Fridays) is admittedly the issue for most folks.

I'm all ears, I seriously am.

I suggest you take up your issues with your local Postmaster. 

If you are leaving mail in USPS Collection Boxes, you will notice Pick-Up times for that particular box located on the chute door and pick up is generally once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Counter drop off is treated exactly the same way as using a blue Collection Box. Whether or not they have started the process (Accepted) within an hour is entirely dependent on where the mail is in the line.

But as I said before and apparently it bears repeating, in no instance will a delay of the magnitude you are claiming happen.

1 183
 02-12-2018, 12:50 PM
User Info
I welcome the opportunity to right my missteps with anyone and everyone whose expections I've failed to meet. I also understand if you never to give me another opportunity.

Again I apologize for the inconveniece my service failures have caused you.

Have a good day gents.

0 4
 02-14-2018, 04:54 PM
User Info
I bought the soap on day 5 and I arrived in Spain in 8 days, very fast.

Tallow Duck base is exceptional, love it !

8 1,827
 02-14-2018, 10:17 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
I received a full refund from Vida from my recent purchase of Rougere simply because of shipping delays.
I would have expected maybe a partial refund of postage...not a refund of the whole purchase.
Being overseas, I'm used to delays but she's gone too far this time!  Customer service is off the chart! Smile

48 2,048
 05-09-2018, 07:09 AM
User Info
Can anyone give an update on their experience with Oleo duck fat formula?

Particularly interested in Shiloh and Irving Park.  TIA.

15 607
 05-09-2018, 07:30 AM
User Info
(05-09-2018, 07:09 AM)22bulldog Wrote: Can anyone give an update on their experience with Oleo duck fat formula?

I'm about 5 shaves in with Shiloh and it's one of my favorites. Excellent scent strength, and a very natural citrus smell. Nailed the lather on last shave, absolutely top-notch cushion and slickness! Excellent post-shave as well. Must try soap in my opinion.

Also, very easy soap to lather. Can't find any faults on this one!

55 1,250
 05-09-2018, 08:03 AM
User Info
I have the unscented version and the lather is great. Probably the most skin friendly soap/cream I've tried, and I've tried a few.

9 1,422
 05-09-2018, 08:50 AM
User Info
They really are exceptional soaps  Cool

8 1,827
 05-09-2018, 09:32 AM
User Info
(05-09-2018, 07:30 AM)david1201 Wrote:
(05-09-2018, 07:09 AM)22bulldog Wrote: Can anyone give an update on their experience with Oleo duck fat formula?

I'm about 5 shaves in with Shiloh and it's one of my favorites. Excellent scent strength, and a very natural citrus smell.  Nailed the lather on last shave, absolutely top-notch cushion and slickness!  Excellent post-shave as well.  Must try soap in my opinion.

Also, very easy soap to lather.  Can't find any faults on this one!

Excellent.  Do you find Shiloh similar (in scent) to other AdP variations?

15 607
 05-09-2018, 10:36 AM
User Info
(05-09-2018, 09:32 AM)22bulldog Wrote:
(05-09-2018, 07:30 AM)david1201 Wrote:

I'm about 5 shaves in with Shiloh and it's one of my favorites. Excellent scent strength, and a very natural citrus smell.  Nailed the lather on last shave, absolutely top-notch cushion and slickness!  Excellent post-shave as well.  Must try soap in my opinion.

Also, very easy soap to lather.  Can't find any faults on this one!

Excellent.  Do you find Shiloh similar (in scent) to other AdP variations?

Similar, but better to my nose. I've tried Fine, Stirling, and one other that I can't remember.

55 1,250