08-31-2012, 03:42 PM
User Info
Recently I was approached By Krissy from Prarie Creations. She proposed a business collaboration of her soaps and scents merged with mine. Buy my Kramperts Finest Aftershave/balm and Prarie Creations will have a soap to match to begin the experience, mine to complete it.

In just a few e-mails I had sized Krissy up as knowing her craft. When someone spews BS my detector goes off fairly rapidly, I've had plenty of experience there, but the tidbits I've picked up about soaps told me Krissy was the real deal as she wrote of her craft.

This announces that business collaboration written of earlier. The finest soaps and the finest aftershaves/balms, not merged into one business, but complimenting each other separately.

I've written in the past about this being the Golden Age of Blade Shaving, this is just another aspect of that. The finest coming together to enhance your shaving experience. It never could have happened in the past, and as far as we know the first time 2 separate manufacturing entities collaborate to make a much better experience for their shaving clients.

Watch for reviews soon, and additional offerings from both myself and Prarie Creations in the very near future. Look for products from Krissy that will knock your socks off and match much higher priced products for a fraction of the price of the higher priced product from the European manufacturer. More on that soon. Look in soaps for reviews. I plan to be critical as I always am, and let the chips fall where they may. But I know what I’ve seen so far.

I have in hand from Krissy a number of tallow based soaps and veggie based soaps that so far have shown themselves to be quite good (hand lather testing) and reviews will follow in the proper forum. There may be some scent tweaking because I have prototypes, not the finished product. I intend to test as they are, with the understanding that we reserve the power to make the products better. Krissy shows a willingness to do that, and I know I do.

We intend to be the best and keep standards high.

As always, you have my word on that, and my name will remain on every bottle of aftershave. I won't put my name on junk or something made down to a price, but I do intend to keep my prices low for the quality delivered.

32 6,311
 08-31-2012, 03:51 PM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
When I first thought of this it was because of my Tallow & Rum shaving soap that I created. I thought it would be a good way to promote a fellow vendor with my Bay Rum shaving soap. I would post a picture of his product and a link on my website to promote his products. And since my bay rum isn't an exact match for his we decided I would create a bay rum that is a match for his and that label will carry his brand name as the center name of the product.

We are also going to be working on a couple of additional scents that will be a joint effort. They will be a scent that are blended by our own creativity rather than buying a pre-made scent. We will buy our scenting ingredients (FO and EO blend) from the same supplies to ensure that our scents are an exact match even though we live on other sides of the country!

But I do want to also make it clear that the scents that are a joint effort with Brian will only be available in shaving soaps and cream from me. I will NOT be using them in ASB or other products.

So keep watching for future updates from Prairie Creations and Kramperts Finest that are joining forces to bring you some of the best of the best! So you can enjoy the best of both worlds with your shaving experiences!

7 405
 08-31-2012, 03:51 PM
User Info
Oh my word!

Thank you!

Sir, yes sir, may I please have another, & another, & another, &...

31 7,914
 08-31-2012, 03:56 PM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
Best of luck to you two (Krissy & Brian), I hope this artisan business partnership works out for the very! best and brings you both success and great personal satisfaction.

23 1,872
 08-31-2012, 04:00 PM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
I have to admit that my hubby has become a huge fan of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum, so he's also really looking forward to having his shaving soap match his favorite aftershave!

He's a night shaver so he uses it after she shaves in the evening, but he also uses it after he washes his face in the morning before going to work. He likes how it both feels and smells!

7 405
 08-31-2012, 04:11 PM
User Info
I'm fairly pumped about this.

I think it'll work out great. Neither of us have huge egos, we just want to make great products.

BTW, I never intend to make soaps, and I certainly will never divulge our signature scents.

32 6,311
 08-31-2012, 04:23 PM
User Info
Congratulations to the both of you!

75 20,883
 08-31-2012, 04:27 PM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
That's great news! A very good idea that should be quite popular.

45 3,955
 08-31-2012, 04:35 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
Congrats to both of you

116 3,804
 08-31-2012, 04:47 PM
User Info
Very nice lady and gentleman. So when do we come to market? I know, how about next week. Rolleyes

2 546
 08-31-2012, 05:02 PM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
(08-31-2012, 04:47 PM)PanchoVilla Wrote: Very nice lady and gentleman. So when do we come to market? I know, how about next week. Rolleyes

Well at least you didn't say last week, Biggrin

Without giving any secrets away, but there is something I am waiting to be delivered so I can begin. Then the testing begins, and hopefully that goes smoothly and easily. Once the soap meets Brian's approval I will launch them.

But we wanted ya'll to know that we have been talking about this and this is something that we are going to do in the near future!

We are two vendors that are not in competition with each other and we both make different products that get good reviews. So by our joining forces we are able to give you things you want paired together in the same scent for an awesome shaving experience!

7 405
 08-31-2012, 05:07 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
This is the greatest news ever! Brain has the best Bay Rum AS on the market. It's time to start cooking Krissy! You know we can't just sit and wait Biggrin
Good move you two! Congratulations!

88 4,233
 08-31-2012, 05:31 PM
User Info
Sounds like a wonderful collaboration! Music artists do it, why not shaving artists!

3 315
 08-31-2012, 05:41 PM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
(08-31-2012, 05:31 PM)RazoRock_Joe Wrote: Sounds like a wonderful collaboration! Music artists do it, why not shaving artists!

Thank you Joe!
Good point about the music artist, and they do it all the time with songs and often with more than one song! We were wondering how the idea would be received as there was the chance that it would be frowned upon.

Not only does Brian make an exceptional product but he's a really great guy as well.

7 405
 08-31-2012, 05:54 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Good luck with this project!

86 7,124
 08-31-2012, 05:54 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Good luck to Krissy and Brian on your new joint venture.

100 12,449
 08-31-2012, 06:01 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! I have been hoping for a Arcadian Spice shave soap since I first used the aftershave!

35 1,732
 08-31-2012, 06:19 PM
User Info
You know this means I might never launch the shave additive, right? (Yay!)

And yet again, not giving anything away, Krissy gave me an idea that I intend to persue.

32 6,311
 08-31-2012, 06:40 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Teaser! Biggrin

88 4,233
 08-31-2012, 07:22 PM
  • wlmcad
  • Memphis, TN
User Info
Sounds awesome, good luck on this joint venture.

0 539