01-25-2018, 06:41 AM
User Info
Gillette produced an injector razor for which they sold twin blades called the Twinjectors.  The razor looks like a Type L Schick copy, and the blades look very much like the Schick Injector II blades.  I have some questions I was hoping someone could help me with:

1.  Do the Gillette Twinjector blades fit in Type L Schick (and later) injector razors, and vice versa (Schick Injector and Injector II blades in the Gillette Twinjector)?

2.  Will the Gillette Twinjector razor accommodate regular Schick Injector blades?

3.  Did Gillette produce single injector blades for their injector razor, or just Twinjectors?

4.  Anyone know what year(s) the Gillette injector razor was produced and where?  Waits says the trademark was first used in 1973 and that the razor itself was sold in Japan in the 1980's.  Was it marketed in the U.S.?

11 221
 01-25-2018, 09:18 AM
User Info
I found some old ads for the Twinjector last april - see https://wetshavingweblog.blogspot.com/20...ector.html - that at least indicate it was indeed marketed in the US. Sadly I have no information beyond that.

3 5,341
 01-25-2018, 10:35 AM
User Info
(01-25-2018, 09:18 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: I found some old ads for the Twinjector last april - see https://wetshavingweblog.blogspot.com/20...ector.html - that at least indicate it was indeed marketed in the US. Sadly I have no information beyond that.

Good stuff.  Thanks.  I'm assuming those Telly Savalas ads were run during the Kojak period, 1973-78.  I found another ad for them (again featuring Telly Savalas) in a Popular Mechanics magazine from August of 1975.  That makes sense, because Waits says the "Twinjector" trademark was first used in 1973.

Interesting that the blades were sold both as "Twinjector" and "Trac II Injector."  Given that two of those ads advertise the blades without the razor, I'm going to assume Gillette produced a genuine Schick injector clone and that the blades are interchangeable among Schick, Personna, and Gillette injector razors.  In fact, the Twinjector blade ads say "They fit your injector razor."  Schick's patent on the injector head design expired in the 1950's, so clones were no problem.

That said, I've never seen mention of single-blade Gillette injector blades, so I'm guessing they never bothered.  Gillette had already come out with the Trac II in 1971. [Correction:  I found some single blade Gillette Platinum Plus injector blades listed on an auction site.]

11 221
 01-25-2018, 11:29 AM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
My favorite Schick blades!
As far as I know, the twin blades will fit in any razor (type-G and above) without a "hydro-magic" lever.  Bear in mind that these blades are thicker than normal so may "stretch" the spring on a Schick razor more than normal.  I use these in my Type-M adjustable and Type-O (Japan).
[Image: FuMQSSN.jpg]

48 2,027
 01-25-2018, 12:13 PM
User Info
As far as I know - or at least as far as my Google-Fu tells me - the Twinjector and InjectorTwin were two different beasts. The later should work in a standard injector razor, the former I'm not sure about.

3 5,341
 01-25-2018, 01:12 PM
User Info
(01-25-2018, 12:13 PM)WegianWarrior Wrote: As far as I know - or at least as far as my Google-Fu tells me - the Twinjector and InjectorTwin were two different beasts. The later should work in a standard injector razor, the former I'm not sure about.

I think the Twinjector must have been designed to work in any of the injector razors of the day, including Schicks and Personnas.  Here is an ad from 1975 saying of the Twinjector blades, "They fit your injector razor."  That'd be an odd thing to tell the public if they didn't fit a standard injector razor.

11 221
 01-25-2018, 07:13 PM
User Info
I have successfully used the Twinjector blades in several Schick razors. Got very close shaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 36
 01-26-2018, 04:02 AM
User Info
[Image: a6b0e0c931d51d9caf2df714e94b3042.jpg]
These worked fine for me in my 70s era Schick.
I don’t know about pre 1960s Injector models, but 60s on are fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 11