01-25-2018, 09:31 AM
User Info
I have been using these blades all along and they are pretty cool.  I change them ever 4 shaves or so.  Any other blades that you recommend?

1 34
 01-25-2018, 10:22 AM
User Info
There are so many good blades out there.. Green Astra is usually a safe choice, as is Feather Hi-Stainless, Trent, Zorrik Super, Merkur Super, Willikins Sword, Gillette 7 o'clock, Lord Platinum, Shark Super Chrome, Personna Platinum, Persona Super, and many others.

Once you're comfortable with your technique, you might want to get a sampler pack or three.

3 5,461
 01-25-2018, 02:15 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(01-25-2018, 09:31 AM)DavidAugustus Wrote: I have been using these blades all along and they are pretty cool.  I change them ever 4 shaves or so.  Any other blades that you recommend?

KAI Stainless
Feather Hi-Stainless (more razor dependent than most)
Rapira Swedish Supersteel

1 1,200
 03-08-2018, 06:53 AM
User Info
I get good results with these.
Voskhod
Croma
Timor
PolSilver

0 404
 03-08-2018, 08:54 AM
User Info
Used to love Bolzanos, then got to where I hated them.

Currently on a PermaSharp kick.

14 599
 03-11-2018, 06:59 AM
  • chazt
  • Queens, NY
User Info
I’m a fan of Personna branded blades and like to recommend those.

8 2,771
 03-11-2018, 05:52 PM
User Info
I just got a rare thing. For me. A brand new 100 package of DE blades. I have been looking at them and ahh why not... Mailboxempty

Derby Premium. Just one shave so far. Pretty pretty good... 
$7.99 delivered too. 

I'm going to stress test them this week. 
So far so good. 
I'm looking for tugging and rusty tea stains on my razor. They avoid those two things and keep shaving crisply and smoothly for the whole week and I'll be good. Small investment and potentially big payoff if I like them as well as others do. Seems a good blade indeed.

First impressions to me are sharper than a fresh Spoiler, smoother than Kai and Feather. Kind of similar to Schick Plus Platinum Krona Chrome. Maybe even that one good shave you can get out of a Voskhod... Longevity is a factor. I want 5 days free of irritation or cuts. I can't live with rusty tea stains on my gear either. Better me smooth and consistent blade to blade and pack to pack. 

If I get laid off her in the coming weeks I'll be sporting a beard. I'm trying to get the creme de la creme in my next few weeks of shaves. I'm out of my usual style even giving these Derby's a chance. They're the underdog I'm rooting for now that I've tried one.

Sbathroom_grooming_shaving_100-100

11 1,597
 03-12-2018, 01:00 AM
User Info
I just bought a tuck of Bolzanos to try out in my PAA Alpha Ecliptical.  I havent used any of them yet, so I cant say if they are good for me or not and Ive read varying reviews on them.  Theyre made in Germany though, so they cant be all bad.
Personally, Im a big fan of Feathers and Kais in mild razors and Wilkinson Swords and Personnas on more aggressive razors.  Feathers and Kais are wonderful blades in my Feather AS-D2 but theyre too sharp in a more aggressive razor.  Wilkinson Swords and Personna Reds/Blues are wonderful blades in more aggressive razors but they arent sharp enough in my Feather.

0 79