02-02-2018, 06:32 PM
  • srgjazz
  • Santa Monica
User Info
3 passes 2.0 2.5 3.0
(02-02-2018, 05:43 PM)Nero Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 04:56 PM)srgjazz Wrote: Thanks for all the responses. I have been hesitant to pull the trigger since I am getting such fabulous shaves from my Variant.

What setting do you use on the variant?

49 694
 02-02-2018, 10:15 PM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
Thanks. I usually use the same range, but I go the opposite direction (3.0, 2.5, 2.0).

80 3,321
 02-02-2018, 11:06 PM
User Info
I use the variant on a feather at 4.5 all the time.

0 443
 02-03-2018, 04:02 AM
User Info
First shave with the Timeless OC Bronze.  It is a beautiful looking, heavy razor. It is more efficient than the Timeless .95 OC and a bit less smooth.  The shave is closer in efficiency  to the R41 than any of the Timeless, or Rockwell base plates.  There is more blade feel than the other Timeless or Rockwell base plates ( I don't find any blade feel with them) but less than the 2013 R41.  Since the Bronze OC has only a .78 gap I assume the blade is more forward, exposed, than in any of the other Timeless razors. With an Astra SP used several times before, got an easy BBS with 3 passes and very little touch up.  The angle is easy to find.  If you like efficient/aggressive razors this may be your perfect razor.

0 4
 02-03-2018, 07:21 AM
User Info
(02-03-2018, 04:02 AM)jcradin Wrote: First shave with the Timeless OC Bronze.  It is a beautiful looking, heavy razor. It is more efficient than the Timeless .95 OC and a bit less smooth.  The shave is closer in efficiency  to the R41 than any of the Timeless, or Rockwell base plates.  There is more blade feel than the other Timeless or Rockwell base plates ( I don't find any blade feel with them) but less than the 2013 R41.  Since the Bronze OC has only a .78 gap I assume the blade is more forward, exposed, than in any of the other Timeless razors. With an Astra SP used several times before, got an easy BBS with 3 passes and very little touch up.  The angle is easy to find.  If you like efficient/aggressive razors this may be your perfect razor.
Very good!
I am in doubt between them Timeless OC Bronze or Timeless .95 OC.
Do you have ATT R2 or Ikon Short Comb? If yes can you compare it with Timeless OC Bronze?

1 30
 02-06-2018, 02:50 AM
User Info
(02-03-2018, 07:21 AM)gmarcio Wrote: Very good!
Do you have ATT R2 or Ikon Short Comb? If yes can you compare it with Timeless OC Bronze?
Anyone?

1 30
 02-06-2018, 07:47 AM
User Info
(02-06-2018, 02:50 AM)gmarcio Wrote:
Anyone?
I have a Timeless SS AND Ti OC baseplate. It is my understanding (After talking to Timeless) that the REASON the SS/Ti base plates are so SMOOTH, is that the 'TEETH"
curve inward or back so there are no 'pointy teeth'.
I don't have a Bronze OC, but (Looking at the recent reviews) it 'probably' feels more like a traditional/regular OC, because it IS more like one.

SO, If you want SMOOTH, go with the SS/Ti OC.

53 460
 02-06-2018, 01:56 PM
User Info
(02-03-2018, 04:02 AM)jcradin Wrote: First shave with the Timeless OC Bronze.  It is a beautiful looking, heavy razor. It is more efficient than the Timeless .95 OC and a bit less smooth.  The shave is closer in efficiency  to the R41 than any of the Timeless, or Rockwell base plates.  There is more blade feel than the other Timeless or Rockwell base plates ( I don't find any blade feel with them) but less than the 2013 R41.  Since the Bronze OC has only a .78 gap I assume the blade is more forward, exposed, than in any of the other Timeless razors. With an Astra SP used several times before, got an easy BBS with 3 passes and very little touch up.  The angle is easy to find.  If you like efficient/aggressive razors this may be your perfect razor.
The base plate .95 OC fits in the top cap bronze? Them geometry are the same or are they not compatible?
How is the shaving with this combination? Do you will try it?

1 30
 02-07-2018, 06:43 AM
User Info
(02-06-2018, 02:50 AM)gmarcio Wrote:
Anyone?

I had an ATT R2 and I prefer the feel of the Timeless Bronze OC. I sometimes got some irritation from the R2.

42 583
 02-11-2018, 07:03 AM
  • srgjazz
  • Santa Monica
User Info
Thanks all for your input. Just pulled the trigger on the Bronze 38. Matt at Timeless thought this would be a good choice since I shave daily and want the optimum combination of comfort and closeness. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

49 694
 02-23-2018, 10:29 PM
User Info
I'd like to start out by saying thanks to @ShaveMD/ Mark who sold me his Timeless Bronze with both baseplates I had my first shave with the Timeless Bronze OC yesterday and as far as efficiency to me it is definitely more efficient than my .68 OC and falls very close to my .95 OC. With that said it has more blade feel than both of the SS razors. 
I attribute this to the more blade forward design of the razor head. Also I find the angle is not the same as either SS model but I found the sweet spot very quickly and I believe this is very important when using this razor which is very much like a Tech. It's not a big window so you have to be spot on for those of you that know what I mean. With that said I had a great 2 1/2 pass BBS shave without any irritation. I used my skin stretch short stroke technique which I always use when shaving with very efficient razors. I also liked the glide the head and finish displayed during the shave and the lather moved through nicely. 

For this shave I used Declaration Grooming Buffalo Tallow soap Bandwagon which I find offers great cushion and glide. The blade I used was a once used Kai which I find almost as sharp as a Feather but it's smoother on my face. I'll try the .38 SB for a buff up shave one day when I have just a little growth as I've read so much about how it's milder than the .68 SB so that's about all I'd use it for.

Overall I'd say the Bronze is not a mindless use razor and demands some attention and knowing where the sweet spot is and maintaining it throughout the entire shave. So for me, I really liked the way the razor looks and shaves and I found it both smooth ( not Paradigm smooth ) and quite efficient and I look forward to some very nice shaves with it. 

I'll try a Polsilver and then a GSB just to see how the shave is affected by using different blades.
I think Timeless would be smart in the future to come out with a another baseplate for the Bronze with maybe a . 54 to 60 blade gap. I believe it would have more mass appeal than either of the two  baseplates now offered.  Just my 2 cents.

0 219
 02-24-2018, 12:26 AM
User Info
I received my bronze OC a couple of days ago and shaved with it with a feather. I have to say I'm impressed with the performance and built quality of this DE.
It's very close to my 17-4 but not quite as smooth. Had I not used the 17-4, the Timeless would have been my smoothest DE.

0 443
 03-02-2018, 07:22 PM
User Info
Hello gents
I am ok to buy one if you wish.
Bronze or polished scallop ssteel.
But I am in France. 
Postage of course at my expense !!

Customs are too expensive to buy from manufacturer. 
Thank you all.

23 135
 03-22-2018, 12:38 AM
User Info
(02-02-2018, 04:56 PM)srgjazz Wrote: Thanks for all the responses. I have been hesitant to pull the trigger since I am getting such fabulous shaves from my Variant.

Oh great ! I come online here to checkout the reviews of the Timeless Bronze OC and praying for reasons which will not want me to pull the trigger and now I find I have to find reasons not to buy the Variant as well !! Sad

1 32
 03-22-2018, 06:07 AM
User Info
I finally took the plunge and ordered the OC bronze baseplate, and I'm glad I did!  I ordered the SB bronze the moment it was announced, and even though Matt warned us that it was a mild razor, I gave it a try.  Unfortunately the SB bronze was no match for my thick, white whiskers, but I loved the weight of the bronze and often put a SS Timeless baseplate in just so I could use it.  When the OC bronze was announced I decided to give it a while and see what other users thought.  After all the positive reviews, I finally ordered the OC plate over the weekend.  I got a shipping notice on Monday morning, so I decided to not shave until it arrived and I could try it out.  The plate arrived Wednesday evening, so this morning (Thursday) I put a new Astra SP in, and using Cremo, did a quick two pass (WTG & ATG) shower shave.  Wow!!  A darn fine shave just like I get with the .95 Timeless!  No nicks or weepers, and no burn when putting on witch hazel afterwards!  If anyone else is still on the fence because the SB bronze was too mild, let me tell you, the OC bronze is an entirely different beast!

0 56
 03-22-2018, 06:20 PM
User Info
(03-22-2018, 06:07 AM)Mogaert Wrote: [...]but I loved the weight of the bronze and often put a SS Timeless baseplate in just so I could use it.[...]
Do you used the Base Plate Timeless SS with the Top Cap Bronze? Right?

How was the shaving of this set?

1 30
 03-23-2018, 04:02 AM
User Info
(03-22-2018, 06:20 PM)gmarcio Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 06:07 AM)Mogaert Wrote: [...]but I loved the weight of the bronze and often put a SS Timeless baseplate in just so I could use it.[...]
Do you used the Base Plate Timeless SS with the Top Cap Bronze? Right?

How was the shaving of this set?

Yes, the stainless baseplates work with the bronze top cap and handle.

0 56
 04-06-2018, 11:21 AM
User Info
Got the solid bar BRONZE two shaves/days ago. I think it's the most beautiful razor out there... Biggrin
I'm in the testing stage and will make final judgement after two weeks, pretty good so far.
[Image: y9glQ1m.jpg]
[Image: irNgXe5.jpg]
Time will tell if the TIMELESS is a keeper.. Sbathroom_grooming_shaving_100-100

0 310
 04-06-2018, 12:38 PM
User Info
Congrats, I have it and it's just as efficient and as smooth as I like, I changed the handle for a bronze Taipan Stork which IMHO looks great. A definite keeper for me and in regular rotation.

0 443