08-31-2012, 10:02 PM
  • Triad
  • Triad Razor Handles
  • Texas
User Info
I recently purchased my second Tradere OC, had one a while back and decided it was not aggressive enough after a few shaves and sold it to fund other aquisitions. Well i recently started wondering if mayby i didnt give it enough of a chance and i was comparing it to a newly acquired R41 and Joris (stiff competition) The latest tradere showed up a couple days ago it is also one of the original models. 1st shave with it today was with a Polsilver Super Iridium (best blade i,ve tried) and it was a great shave, did my usual 3 pass with a few touch ups and i was a little surprised when i finished up at how close the shave had been the results were very close to the same as a joris/r41 shave, it seems to have just enough exposure to get the job done for me. Im sure in the time between the traderes my prep and technique have improved. My final conclusion is that the Tradere OC is a bueatifull and well built razor that just feels good in my hand and may just find a spot in my rotation after all.Smile
[Image: 4db8c79b254c73232e9091cc2d1bb4b2.jpg]

115 1,692
 09-01-2012, 04:16 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Great review. So it compares favorable to a R41 and Joris which puts in aggressive company. I love your photo. Thank you for the post.

100 12,436
 09-01-2012, 07:25 AM
  • Triad
  • Triad Razor Handles
  • Texas
User Info
(09-01-2012, 04:16 AM)slantman Wrote: Great review. So it compares favorable to a R41 and Joris which puts in aggressive company. I love your photo. Thank you for the post.
Thanks, well its not not nearly got the blade exposure of the R41 or Joris but if you keep your angle right it has delivered a similar result (long lasting bbs)

Heres a pic i took of the 3 razors with a blade loaded

L To R 11 R41, Joris, Tradere
[Image: 0728ad86.jpg]

115 1,692
 09-01-2012, 08:47 AM
User Info
*** WARNING ***

Just had my first attempted shave with the 2nd generation Tradere OC this morning. Because of poor quality control there was one corner of the bottom comb plate with a very sharp burr that was not machined off like the other three corners. Unfortunately I cut myself in a straight line with the burr all down the side of my face. I will start a new thread with photos of the flaw on the bottom plate.

For new purchasers of this razor please check the bottom plate corners for burrs before shaving!

15 75
 09-01-2012, 09:30 AM
  • Triad
  • Triad Razor Handles
  • Texas
User Info
Contact Richard at Tradere he will take care of it hes a stand up guy!!

115 1,692
 09-01-2012, 10:50 AM
  • biggiej42
  • Looney for Rooney
  • Stony Point, NY
User Info
(09-01-2012, 08:47 AM)sfcablecar Wrote: *** WARNING ***

Just had my first attempted shave with the 2nd generation Tradere OC this morning. Because of poor quality control there was one corner of the bottom comb plate with a very sharp burr that was not machined off like the other three corners. Unfortunately I cut myself in a straight line with the burr all down the side of my face. I will start a new thread with photos of the flaw on the bottom plate.

For new purchasers of this razor please check the bottom plate corners for burrs before shaving!

I hope this does not become a problem. The qc, fit and finish of the first generation is second to none. Please, do show some pictures of this.

9 408
 09-01-2012, 10:58 AM
User Info
(09-01-2012, 10:50 AM)biggiej42 Wrote:
(09-01-2012, 08:47 AM)sfcablecar Wrote: *** WARNING ***

I hope this does not become a problem. The qc, fit and finish of the first generation is second to none. Please, do show some pictures of this.

Justin,

Another forum member just sent me a link to the same problem that another shaver had with the razor. This is exactly the situation with my razor. (Look at esoomenona's photos carefully.) I will take photos of my razor when I have my camera and post it as well. For any new Tradere razor owners please check carefully before shaving! Don't become another Scarface like me and Pacino!

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread....ost4422040

15 75
 09-01-2012, 11:58 AM
  • Loganpass
  • The Razor Runs Through It
  • Montana, USA
User Info
Ouch! There must have been a batch that escaped the factory. But don't let this run anybody off from this wonderful razor, mine arrived with lovely finishing. I'm guessing he's scrambling to get this nasty problem squared away for the affected people. BTW I'm told the ladies think facial scars can be sexy so all is not lost!

2 20
 09-01-2012, 05:23 PM
User Info
Triad, great to hear about your success with the Tradere for the second time around.

sfcablecar, sorry to hear about your experience and i hope it gets resolved.

75 20,883
 09-03-2012, 09:39 AM
User Info
Your Tradere Razors are warranted, period.

I have contacted this member, apologized, and will, of course, replace his razor. This is the first and only report of a burr on an OC and I have a number here from the same delivery batch and none have burrs.

However, we have revamped the quality control process at the factory and here when we pack them to make sure none of the razors we make have any machining burrs. None of the razors we are now shipping have any such issues.

I returned from a two-day trip in a wilderness area to hear about this posting and was so upset it took me a day to even be able read this posting. As I wrote the member, in pertinent part:

"I am truly sorry and embarrassed. You are, of course, entirely correct. This is indeed unacceptable. It is entirely our fault and responsibility.

Unfortunately, the flaws were just not easily visible; I did not see them when I washed them up. Since I dry each one as well, I would have thought either the diaper I used to dry and polish them, or the tissue paper we wrap them in, might have indicated a burr, but apparently not.

The two heads, one OC and one SB, I picked at random from the first delivery were also not flawed. I shaved with both without incident. I routinely pull a couple from each run and use them to ensure they shave correctly.

Please accept my heartfelt apologies and understand that I will do my best to make it right."

I also have offered to send him another express mail tomorrow and have asked for a return of the razor, at our expense, so we can see what the issue was.

3 68
 09-03-2012, 09:52 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Thank you Richard for responding to a production problem which you have already corrected and offering a replacement razor to be shipped in a timely manner.

100 12,436
 09-03-2012, 09:58 AM
  • Triad
  • Triad Razor Handles
  • Texas
User Info
I knew Richard would take care of this, great sevice!!

115 1,692
 09-03-2012, 10:04 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(09-03-2012, 09:58 AM)Triad Wrote: I knew Richard would take care of this, great sevice!!

I ordered a 2nd generation oc this morning and am confident all will be okay.

100 12,436
 09-03-2012, 10:07 AM
  • Triad
  • Triad Razor Handles
  • Texas
User Info
(09-03-2012, 10:04 AM)slantman Wrote:
(09-03-2012, 09:58 AM)Triad Wrote: I knew Richard would take care of this, great sevice!!

Nice pickup Jerry, Did you try the first gen. O.C.?

115 1,692
 09-03-2012, 10:19 AM
User Info
Well done, Richard! You are a first-class gentleman.

75 20,883
 09-03-2012, 10:29 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
(09-03-2012, 10:07 AM)Triad Wrote:
(09-03-2012, 10:04 AM)slantman Wrote:

Nice pickup Jerry, Did you try the first gen. O.C.?

I am afraid I didn't but looking forward to this one.

100 12,436
 09-03-2012, 10:31 AM
  • JayPo007
  • Still making fire
  • Pottstown, PA- USA
User Info
(09-03-2012, 10:19 AM)celestino Wrote: Well done, Richard! You are a first-class gentleman.

+1. Respect for the customer always equals return respect/business.

1 129
 09-03-2012, 07:04 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
Unfortunately, these kinds of things happen occasionally--even with the best of companies and the best of QC. Richard's response shows that he cares deeply about his customers and his reputation; Tradere will be around for a long time because of this.
Kudos for taking care of the issue so promptly and decisively.

52 785
 09-04-2012, 04:30 PM
  • biggiej42
  • Looney for Rooney
  • Stony Point, NY
User Info
This just makes me even more comfortable for ordering the straight bar. I can't wait till it is re-stocked and fulfilled. Tradere is a wonderful company, and their razors are absolutely fantastic.

9 408
 09-04-2012, 08:26 PM
  • Loganpass
  • The Razor Runs Through It
  • Montana, USA
User Info
Phil just posted that more SB's have arrived at Bullgoose.

2 20