01-28-2018, 06:31 PM
User Info
Hello and good day,

I am new to SE shaving and I’m trying to purchase single edge blades. I am having a difficult time figuring out what blades are for shaving and which ones are not. How can I distinguish between the two? Where can I buy? Thanks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

27 224
 01-28-2018, 07:26 PM
User Info
(01-28-2018, 06:31 PM)Razor_187 Wrote: Hello and good day,

I am new to SE shaving and I’m trying to purchase single edge blades. I am having a difficult time figuring out what blades are for shaving and which ones are not. How can I distinguish between the two? Where can I buy? Thanks...

The main technical difference is the number of facets. GEM shaving blades have three facets and utility GEMs have two. For practical purposes, Personna GEM Stainless Steel PTFE-coated blades, GEM Blue Star Carbon Steel blades, and Treet GEMs are your choices. You can also find shaving GEMs under the CVS and Walgreens brands. They are rebranded Personnas.

0 757
 01-28-2018, 09:03 PM
User Info
Gem ptfe blades are the best gem style blades. I get my gem ptfe blades from connaughtshaving.

12 246
 01-28-2018, 09:05 PM
User Info
(01-28-2018, 07:26 PM)Blackland Razors Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 06:31 PM)Razor_187 Wrote: Hello and good day,

The main technical difference is the number of facets. GEM shaving blades have three facets and utility GEMs have two. For practical purposes, Personna GEM Stainless Steel PTFE-coated blades, GEM Blue Star Carbon Steel blades, and Treet GEMs are your choices. You can also find shaving GEMs under the CVS and Walgreens brands. They are rebranded Personnas.

Thank you for the information, that definitely helps.

27 224