03-25-2018, 01:23 PM
User Info
(02-14-2018, 02:47 PM)Mouser Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 03:49 PM)bazemk Wrote: I wish I can say good things about the tungsten blades but the one I got were in a bad shape and even though I pulled 4-5 shaves from 1 blade the fact that a blade in such a shape can give 5 decent shaves it only tells me that if the blade wasn't tarnished then it would of been a very good blade... I don't fuss over them though because they came with the Crona razor that costed me 15 bucks  and I got bunch of other great modern DE and SE blades to shave with.

If you really want to be impressed by a modern blade smoothness, extreme sharpness and long lasting longevity for 10-15 shaves per blade that would be the KAI DE blades. Feather like sharp, GBS like smooth, GEM PTFE like longevity with 3-5 shaves more depending on the blade. I'm waiting for prices to drop down a bit so I can order 100 of them.

When I compare the Kai's to the Personna 74, the Kai's were sharper, tad less smoother but I cant say regarding the longevity because the 74 crapped on me on the 4-5th shave due to the condition it was.  There is a guy on ebay who sells 100 pack  of the 74's but he is asking 200+ bucks.... I say try the Kai's if you want an amazing modern DE blade.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the 74's. Who is this guy on ebay you're referring to ? I can't find him and I check for them there every day. I'm thinking phonies.

sorry I had no clue you replied because this forum don't have notification bar, here is the link for the 100 pack Personna 74

EDIT: Sorry mods wasn't aware of that, send the guy the link via PM

Moderator Note:  Link to website not affiliated with TSN removed.

0 272
 03-25-2018, 03:55 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I sold/ gave away all the remaining packages I had found. At this moment, I wish I had kept one to test it with my currently favorite DEs.

57 2,300
 04-03-2018, 07:19 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
My good friend Kypros was kind enough to send me a couple of these blades about a week ago.

I've already had 4 shaves with my Rockwell 6s using this blade. The blade gets better after a couple of uses. I want to see how many shaves it will last. Usually I change the blade after 4-5 shaves, depending on the blade. I remember I've used one for about 20 shaves a few years ago. I haven't had the chance to try them again since then and now it's a good chance to test it with my favorite DEs. My preferences and shaving habits have changed a lot after 3 years.

Ευχαριστώ και πάλι, Κύπρο!

57 2,300
 04-03-2018, 07:54 AM
User Info
I've used the tungsten for 10 shaves, but after the 8th it started not being as sharp or as smooth as before. In all faireness, I have to say that I'm among those who will not stop until a true BBS is achieved, which means a few corrections to say the least. By my standards where the Feather and Polsilver will last me only for 3 shaves, the Personna is way longer lasting and smoother in the beginning than both of them.

0 448