10-22-2018, 07:53 AM
User Info
I wore Versace The Dreamer for over a decade. People knew me for that scent. It’s out of production now but I still want that scent. A fragrance is what people recognize you by. A signature if you will.

8 450
 10-22-2018, 11:46 AM
User Info
As a kid and into my twenties I wore Drakkar Noir exclusively.  Now at the ripe old age of 56, I'm hesitant to go back to it as I feel it will make me smell like an adolescent.  Well, and the real reason is the wife said, "Eeewwwww.  I don't like that scent anymore."  Not getting it.

0 102
 10-25-2018, 09:39 AM
User Info
I think from a historical point....Man developed the wearing of scents, just as a skunk does. Protection from larger more dangerous  creatures.
Smell me coming and stay away...……"I am as strong as I smell".... Laughing1

Historical note. During the Vietnam war, troops in the jungle were asked not to wear English Leather and other "strong" aftershave because the enemy could smell it
b/4 they saw or heard the soldier.

1 869
 10-25-2018, 03:57 PM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
(10-25-2018, 09:39 AM)zipper Wrote: I think from a historical point....Man developed the wearing of scents, just as a skunk does. Protection from larger more dangerous  creatures.
Smell me coming and stay away...……"I am as strong as I smell".... Laughing1

Historical note. During the Vietnam war, troops in the jungle were asked not to wear English Leather and other "strong" aftershave because the enemy could smell it
b/4 they saw or heard the soldier.

VC also smelled the cigarette smoke.  Unfortunately, a dead give-away.

174 1,601
 10-25-2018, 08:27 PM
User Info
I adjust my cologne choices and quantities based upon who I'm going to be with.  If I'm with my wife, I make sure it's something she likes and the scent is subtle yet just noticeable.  If I'm going to be with people I am not very fond of, like my sister in law and her husband, then I shower in something pungent like Drakkar Noir so that I know it will nauseate them and make them leave early.  And if it's mixed company I just wear what I like and keep it subtle.

0 102