02-10-2018, 05:07 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
From Durban, South Africa I present a wonderful new soap!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Wow, it doesn't get much easier than this. Rich, slick lather so fast!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Perfect stability for a multi-pass shave!

General skincare: 8.5/10--Brilliant. Very soothing, moisturizing, and a NICE cooling effect!

Scent: 8.5/10--Invigorating and lovely. Peppermint and basil.

Price: N/A--I really don't know. I traded for this soap

Would I buy again: 10/10--Most assuredly. This soap is excellent and I love it!

Many thanks to my dear friend Mohamed Peer, who owns and operates River Valley Trading. We recently exchanged some stuff and this soap, along with several others were what I received. This Green Fields would be a perfect hot weather soap because its lovely peppermint scent really wakes you up and it's very cooling - even more so than I expected. The lather whips up in no time flat and its post-shave care is so comfortable!

[Image: jFEJ2Ut.jpg]

3 2,651
 02-10-2018, 05:11 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Here's another gem from South Africa!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--It doesn't get much easier than this to create great lather!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Always stable, never thins out!

General skincare: 9/10--Brilliant. So soothing from the chamomile in it and lightly-cooling.

Scent: 8.5/10--A beautiful spearmint scent with a chamomile note.

Price: N/A--I don't have any idea. Mohamed and I did a trade.

Would I buy again: 10/10--For sure. I think this soap is awesome!

Until about two months ago the only shaving soap from South Africa I was familiar with was the Williams stick which is no longer in production. I had no clue that there were any artisans over there and it was just a couple of weeks ago that I became acquainted with Mohamed, who's one of the nicest guys you can meet. He and I arranged a trade and this is one of the soaps he sent me and I think it's a delight. If you want a soap which lathers fast, rich, and slick, if you enjoy the scent of refreshing spearmint and the soothing, relaxing sensation of chamomile then I think you'll love this one. How this soap got its name is because long ago there was a spearmint-flavored chewing gum called Chappies, so he named it after the gum, I guess. Great stuff![Image: 73J8jbN.jpg]

3 2,651
 02-10-2018, 05:28 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Oh my goodness, is this one ever nice. Have a little read!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Such rich, wonderful lather and so easily!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Awesome. Never thins or dissipates. Excellent blade glide.

General skincare: 8.5/10--Very comfortable. Not a face-freezer but there's more than enough menthol to please me! 

Scent: 8.5/10--I LOVE it. A spicy, clovey bay rum with no menthol bleed-over.

Price: N/A--I couldn't say because Mohamed and I traded.

Would I buy again: 10/10--You better believe it!

I never knew there were any artisans in South Africa until about two months ago when I became acquainted with Mr Mohamed Peer, the owner of River Valley Trading in Durban, South Africa. This is a fairly hard soap like the others he sells and it's so easy to lather. It also has one of the most beautiful bay rum scents I ever smelled. It would rate about 5.5/10 on my personal menthol scale, so while it won't make your eyes tear or feel like Siberia in mid-winter (that's a job for the Stirling Glacials!) it still gives a good menthol effect and it's very skin-friendly. Welcome to my collection, dear Frosty Bay Rum - it's a pleasure to have you!

[Image: vJRcYuM.jpg]

3 2,651