02-11-2018, 02:40 PM
User Info
So, I was able to give the 63 shave cream a run today. After a hot shower and soaking a Maggard's B&W in hot water, I placed some of the cream in my scuttle. The amount was the size of a used 9mm shell casing. I tried to load the brush, even though I have read that the cream would be sucked into the brush almost immediately and it didn't really produce lather. I wasn't disappointed. No lather. Cream was sucked into the brush.

So, I wiped my face with the brush, getting thorough coverage, but because I was not willing to be a blood donor this morning, I also added some by hand, straight from the tube.

3-days growth mowed down without incident. Using a NEW Short Comb, I went over my face again, and again. NOT A SINGLE WEEPER. WTG, XTG, AND ATG, without incident. This stuff does what we all look for; a smooth effective buffer that also makes your skin feel better after a shave.

I don't believe I can disagree or argue with anything you have shared. I will add that there is a chance that the shave wasn't my closest, however, it was not a new blade and I was in a hurry. I'll say it's a keeper.

Anyone else try this stuff?

1 32
 02-11-2018, 05:23 PM
User Info
Use the puck and like it a lot.  Never used the cream.

4 210
 02-11-2018, 05:45 PM
User Info
I've never used the cream, but the puck is great! The first few shaves from the puck aren't as good as subsequent uses, considerbthat if you decide to try it. I'm not sure if it's a coating or what, but give it a few lathers before making a judgement.

7 346
 02-11-2018, 09:52 PM
User Info
I definitely like the puck. It works best with my 16mm Finest Badger. Love the balm, which led me to the puck and the soap and eventually the shave cream.
Great scent.
I’m working out how to best use the cream.

1 32