03-29-2012, 05:03 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I received a sample of the Acadian Spice this afternoon and look forward to trying it after tomorrow's shave. Thank you Brian!

52 21,062
 03-29-2012, 09:56 PM
User Info
I look forward to hearing what some more people think. I certainly have a hard time using anything else now. And when I do I typically add some KF by lunch time.

31 8,060
 03-30-2012, 04:35 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
I received a bottle of Krampert's Finest Bay rum yesterday and used it after today's shave. The first thing that struck me is this is sort of a hybrid between a splash and a balm. Although it is a liquid, it is thicker than the typical aftershave splash and, it has really good skin conditioning properties. The scent does not project but stays close to the skin and it is very pleasant. The scent is traditional Bay Rum but I do not detect the clove scent that is common in many. Also, unlike most Bay Rums, there is absolutely no burn.

52 21,062
 03-30-2012, 05:03 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Ok send me a bottle....!!!!!

6 2,150
 03-30-2012, 05:47 PM
User Info
How strong is the scent, like regular aftershave or more like Meehan's Bay Rum?

0 308
 03-30-2012, 06:38 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
(03-30-2012, 05:47 PM)Tbone Wrote: How strong is the scent, like regular aftershave or more like Meehan's Bay Rum?

I need to use it again to fairly comment. It is not as strong as Meehan's and seemed to disappear after an hour. That said, I may have a different experience next time.

52 21,062
 03-31-2012, 08:30 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
My 2nd use of Kramperts helps solidify my opinion. This is a really nice aftershave with a fairly subtle scent. If it becomes available commercially, I definitely recommend it. Nice stuff indeed!

52 21,062
 03-31-2012, 09:29 AM
User Info
Thanks for the fair and great review Phil! I was especially impressed that you took your time to make sure your opinion was solid.

32 6,583
 03-31-2012, 01:19 PM
User Info
(03-31-2012, 08:30 AM)bullgoose Wrote: My 2nd use of Kramperts helps solidify my opinion. This is a really nice aftershave with a fairly subtle scent. If it becomes available commercially, I definitely recommend it. Nice stuff indeed!

Well, that does it for me. My bottle of aftershave is almost empty, and then it will be time to buy some Kramperts. If it is available. Hint hint hint...

Phil, thank you very much for that review.

0 308
 03-31-2012, 07:25 PM
User Info
Sounds like one to watch and hope that it can make it to retail outside of the home state. Ready to give it a try down south.

34 1,757
 04-04-2012, 04:27 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Firstly, I want to thank Brian for his kindness and generosity in sending me samples of his product.
I had posted that I went online to order it and it was unavailable. I didn’t know that it needed to be reformulated before it could be sold.

I have never been able to tolerate an “aftershave” before. Anything alcohol based, even with my history of electric shaving exclusively before starting DE about 7 months ago,(at age 47) produced intense burning and discomfort which seemed to continue long after application.
The only things that I can tolerate now are witch hazel, (oddly even with the 14% alcohol content), Trumper’s Skin Food or Proraso Pre/Post in either version and none of these truly soothe any irritation long term nor do they create especially positive reactions for my skin
. Otherwise, the desire to try the varieties of Floid, Aqua Velva, Clumban, etc. has been quelled by previous, horrible experiences.

My skin is extremely sensitive and my bead is tough and wiry. I am prone to extreme dryness with oiliness on top of that.

Brian sent me two samples, one the original formula and the other with the addition of menthol and ??? I was psyched to try both of them yet very hesitant, especially if I were to have to report back a bad finding. Well, I have to say that BOTH of the formulas FAR exceeded my expectations. The testimony on the website as well as any positives you’ve read here are certainly not hyperbole. These products are indeed “GAME CHANGERS”. Either of them applied after a cold, end of shave rinse soothed my skin instantly and completely. They worked better than anything that I have ever tried to soothe my face with. I am new to Bay Rum and I found that I actually *love* the scent and while I initially thought it to be very fleeting, that’s not necessarily the case if a little more of the fluid is applied. I also found that it does not clash with my scent of the day if I choose any cologne/EdT in addition to it.

The initial dry, tightness that I usually experience after a shave, even with MWF or other gentle soaps/creams is now gone with the use of Krampert’s. I don’t always find the need to use a moisturizer over it which is nice because they can end up feeling nasty on my skin later in the day, no matter how light they are. Both formulas did not produce any stickiness/tackiness even with over application and they both seemed to make my skin feel smoother.

I don’t know exactly what’s in these formulas and I may never know. I don’t care! They perform to the Nth degree and I would be happy to fork over my hard earned $$$ for both of the versions. I hope to God that Brian can get this up and running without any problem and do so very soon! I am conserving my tiny stash as best I can.

A huge than you to Brian and I guess this means you’re now out of retirement!

Eric

6 905
 04-04-2012, 04:37 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
This is one of those times the government should butt out of our shaving business. I have not used the menthol formula but have used the regular formula and I second what Eric said so well. The current formula is a masterpiece.

186 25,784
 04-04-2012, 04:38 AM
User Info
Excellent review Eric. I am in the same situation skin/beard wise & Krampert's has really taken my shaves to the ultimate level. Not only does it make every shave finish better, it's also keeping my face & neck the healthiest they've been since I was a pre-pubescent boy.

31 8,060
 04-04-2012, 04:39 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I cant wait till we can purchase this. Much the same case as buying for. Phil, Richard, and others, I'd much rather buy something from a friend than a nameless corporation.

116 3,804