02-13-2019, 05:28 PM
User Info
@Baylorgator, Speick comes to mind. I rate both soap and cream very high in all aspects. For me it was also a great value as I picked up this “drug store “ product in a Drug Store in Germany.

About 10 plus years ago I started buying lots of stuff but one day I had flashbacks of a lecture about inventory cost ... and I’ve been working through that stash ever since. So, I missed the artisan craze; but, enjoy it vicariously through your posts and others in forums. And, there are a few I will try soon, but no more than 2 at any time.

One other point. I’m pretty much a value guy. My results are just as good with a can of Foamy or Musgo Real cream. Thus I gravitate to value products and avoid the really high end stuff. Still enjoy reading about it though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 169
 02-14-2019, 06:41 AM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
Put on your list of soaps to test PAA CK6 I think you just might like it.

57 702
 02-14-2019, 06:56 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
Randy.....thanks again for this thread.  Extremely helpful.

Also want to echo your support of Cella soap.  Possibly the most underrated/overlooked soap in shavedom.

174 1,645
 02-14-2019, 06:11 PM
User Info
(02-13-2019, 05:28 PM)Egmont Wrote: @Baylorgator, Speick comes to mind. I rate both soap and cream very high in all aspects. For me it was also a great value as I picked up this “drug store “ product in a Drug Store in Germany.

About 10 plus years ago I started buying lots of stuff but one day I had flashbacks of a lecture about inventory cost ... and I’ve been working through that stash ever since. So, I missed the artisan craze; but, enjoy it vicariously through your posts and others in forums. And, there are a few I will try soon, but no more than 2 at any time.

One other point. I’m pretty much a value guy. My results are just as good with a can of Foamy or Musgo Real cream. Thus I gravitate to value products and avoid the really high end stuff. Still enjoy reading about it though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Makes sense to me. On another forum we like to say “technique trumps tools”. In other words, if you’re not getting a great shave, don’t blame your soap, blades, or other gear; it’s likely operator error. Can you get the same results with value soaps as others? Yup! I just enjoy each for what they are.

5 213
 02-14-2019, 06:13 PM
User Info
(02-14-2019, 06:41 AM)bijou Wrote: Put on your list of soaps to test PAA CK6 I think you just might like it.

I really want to like PAA. Just haven’t found the right one. Maybe that one is the ticket...

5 213
 02-14-2019, 06:16 PM
User Info
(02-14-2019, 06:56 AM)Steelman Wrote: Randy.....thanks again for this thread.  Extremely helpful.

Also want to echo your support of Cella soap.  Possibly the most underrated/overlooked soap in shavedom.

Thanks, Ron. I’m amazed at what folks pay for soaps like ABC and Boellis when I’d bet dollars to donuts, they couldn’t tell them apart from Cella in a blind test. (No offense to ABC or Boellis lovers).

5 213