02-23-2018, 02:27 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Hello everyone!

Today I'm offering the following razors. You probably know these, I've given quite a few a year or so ago. These are the Schick "Lady Eversharp" Injector razors. This razor was produced from 1968 to 1972, so they had been stored carefully somewhere and waiting for an owner for about 50 years.

"Lady" is just a marketing approach, the only difference with the other L-type of that era is the handle which is a bit longer and yellow colored. I've tried too many SE razors through the last years, these have a great balance and shave me excellent. I have a thick beard and they're ideal for a quick, effortless and clean shave.

All packages are in great condition and each razor comes with 2 Schick Super Chromium blades, which are amazing performers and last quite a few shaves.

In addition, this specific model has the Hydro-Magic lever which allows you to clean thoroughly the razor at the end of your shave.

The price for each razor is $25, plus the shipping cost, which is $7. If you buy 2, shipping is the same. I will ship worldwide.

[Image: oUP2daD.jpg]

[Image: L9qGOUx.jpg]

If you have an questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

Thanks for looking!

57 2,238
 02-24-2018, 03:58 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Two have been sold!

Thank you!

57 2,238
 02-24-2018, 04:09 AM
User Info
Very good razor, indeed. Quickly shaving is easy and comfortable. Smile

5 128
 02-24-2018, 04:15 AM
User Info
Light price for a vintage Nos Schick  Thumbsup

5 128
 02-24-2018, 04:33 AM
User Info
I'm surprised there are still four left... for those who don't know; this is an awesome razor, and works just as well for gents Wink The vintage blades they come with are nice too, I must admit Smile

3 5,611
 02-24-2018, 07:57 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Thank you my friends Nono and Hans for your kind words!

57 2,238
 02-24-2018, 01:08 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
3 are now available!

Thank you!

57 2,238
 03-03-2018, 01:24 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Still available!

Thank you!

57 2,238
 03-04-2018, 05:12 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Not interested in trades.

Thank you!

57 2,238
 03-11-2018, 05:19 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Price drop to $23, plus $7 for the (worldwide) shipping cost.

Thank you!

57 2,238
 03-11-2018, 07:22 AM
User Info
Does this model accept Twin Injector blades?

0 92
 03-11-2018, 07:26 AM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
(03-11-2018, 07:22 AM)LeGaulois Wrote: Does this model accept Twin Injector blades?

No, I don't think so.  The hydromagic lever means you need to use standard-width blades.  The twins are too thick.

48 2,048
 03-11-2018, 07:32 AM
User Info
Thank you Mr_Smartepants.

0 92
 03-11-2018, 08:24 AM
User Info
I have every Schick injector type from A to O, and I think this is an historically interesting razor.

In Robert Waits' safety razor compendium, there is no mention of this razor anywhere.  That's interesting, because Waits purports to catalog all the Type L variants.

This one kind of looks like the Type L "Easy Rider" but the handle is longer, and the Easy Rider didn't have the lever head.  And obviously the head is stamped "Lady Eversharp" instead of "Easy Rider".

I think this was a Schick/Eversharp attempt to find a niche (long handle, lever head, female-centric packaging).  There was a little desperation in Schick approach at this time, with gimmicky tie-ins to Tennis (Schick Grip), Auto Racing (Stick Schick) and the Olympics (Schick Championship).  They seemed to be trying everything.

My suspicion is that these were limited run Type L razors that Robert Waits missed, perhaps because this razor was never released in the U.S.  I think it's possible that this razor was never really pushed by Schick (or sold in the US market) because of timing.  This was coming out (early 70's) just as the cartridge razor was exploding on the scene.

If you're looking for a brand new Type L Schick, this is your razor.  If you are interested in the history of Schick, this is pretty cool.  If you are interested in women's razors or the way in which razors were marketed to women, this is pretty interesting.

Anyway, that's my take.

15 281
 03-11-2018, 08:43 AM
User Info
(03-11-2018, 08:24 AM)BrickHud Wrote: If you're looking for a brand new Type L Schick, this is your razor.  If you are interested in the history of Schick, this is pretty cool.  If you are interested in women's razors or the way in which razors were marketed to women, this is pretty interesting.

If you're looking for a good shaving injector, this is also your razor  Tongue

3 5,611
 03-11-2018, 08:53 AM
User Info
(03-11-2018, 07:26 AM)Mr_Smartepants Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 07:22 AM)LeGaulois Wrote: Does this model accept Twin Injector blades?

No, I don't think so.  The hydromagic lever means you need to use standard-width blades.  The twins are too thick.

With due respect, this is incorrect information.  I own one of these Type L Hydromagic lever razors identical to that being offered here, and the Twin Injector blades fit and work perfectly.

15 281
 03-11-2018, 09:48 AM
User Info
Thank you BrickHud it's a good news.

0 92
 03-11-2018, 10:33 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Lots of great info in this thread! Thank you, Charles and Hans!

57 2,238
 03-11-2018, 10:33 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
(03-11-2018, 08:53 AM)BrickHud Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 07:26 AM)Mr_Smartepants Wrote:

With due respect, this is incorrect information.  I own one of these Type L Hydromagic lever razors identical to that being offered here, and the Twin Injector blades fit and work perfectly.

OK, you're right.  Let me rephrase my statement.

Quote:"No, I don't think so.  The hydromagic lever means you need to use standard-thickness blades because the added thickness will over-strain the retention spring and weaken it over time; which will ruin the razor.
So while the twin blades may fit in Schicks with the hydromagic lever...they're not recommended due to the potential damage that may result.  The twins are too thick for everyday use (IMHO)."

There was a healthy discussion on one of the UK forums where one user measured the thickness of the different blades and measured the spring preload at different thicknesses...(the link I can't find now).  Here's a separate discussion though on the relative merits of twin blades (many mentions of how they won't fit in hydromagic razors).  http://www.atgshaving.com/threads/schick...719/page-5

48 2,048
 03-12-2018, 05:16 AM
User Info
(03-11-2018, 10:33 PM)Mr_Smartepants Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 08:53 AM)BrickHud Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 07:26 AM)Mr_Smartepants Wrote: No, I don't think so.  The hydromagic lever means you need to use standard-width blades.  The twins are too thick.

OK, you're right.  Let me rephrase my statement.

Quote:"No, I don't think so.  The hydromagic lever means you need to use standard-thickness blades because the added thickness will over-strain the retention spring and weaken it over time; which will ruin the razor.
So while the twin blades may fit in Schicks with the hydromagic lever...they're not recommended due to the potential damage that may result.  The twins are too thick for everyday use (IMHO)."

There was a healthy discussion on one of the UK forums where one user measured the thickness of the different blades and measured the spring preload at different thicknesses...(the link I can't find now).  Here's a separate discussion though on the relative merits of twin blades (many mentions of how they won't fit in hydromagic razors).  http://www.atgshaving.com/threads/schick...719/page-5

That's very interesting.  Thanks.  I think I have a twin blade sitting in a hydromagic levered Schick right now.  I should probably replace it with a single blade dummy.

Anyway, we don't want to hijack Nikos's thread further.  So I'll just conclude by saying these razors he's selling are interesting examples of a fine razor design.

15 281